REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-15-2022, 08:48 PM   #22051
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
I think the guy owns like 5 cars and hogs the whole on-street parking
How else am I supposed to curb cars for profit?
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2022, 09:02 PM   #22052
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here, but if the home-owner needs the spots, then I wouldn't park there as a courtesy to them.

I actually talk to my neighbours and I know which neighbours need their spots and which neighbours don't.

Sometimes when there is no parking in front of my house, I will simply park down the street as to not park in my neighbours spots. The neighbours around me do the same thing because we all know we need the spots.

A lot of these confrontations would be avoided if you simply talked to your neighbours
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2022, 09:42 PM   #22053
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,657 Times in 573 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/park...r-viral-videos

Do we blame it on poor city planning LOL? Idiot people, publicly called out for preventing neighbour parking on a city street (typical clown that thinks the space in front of their house belongs to them). Business & job in jeopardy now when are you publicly shown being inconsiderate a-hole. Of course there is always two sides to the story and we don't know the full details. Such as the person parking could always be parking there for extended periods of time, beyond the 3-hour limit unless parking in front of home/business you own etc. If I were the lady, I wouldn't park there, what if home owner in retaliation decides to mess your car at middle of night lol
She lives on the block, city won't issue a bylaw infraction for it even if the official language is "in front of the property you live or work at"
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:56 PM   #22054
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 27 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
I think the guy owns like 5 cars and hogs the whole on-street parking in front of his house.

Our streets would be much less crowded if SFH owners actually use their garages to park their cars and not use it as a storage room.
Only a matter of time until all Vancouver side streets are permit only. That'll solve the issue once you are limited to a X number of permits per household (or you pay $$$ for more).
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:02 AM   #22055
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
I mean I think I was able to park in front of my last house once in the last three years I lived there because people were always parked in front of it, never would I ever confront someone and be like you can't park here.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:13 AM   #22056
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,832 Times in 5,900 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but if the home-owner needs the spots, then I wouldn't park there as a courtesy to them.

I actually talk to my neighbours and I know which neighbours need their spots and which neighbours don't.

Sometimes when there is no parking in front of my house, I will simply park down the street as to not park in my neighbours spots. The neighbours around me do the same thing because we all know we need the spots.

A lot of these confrontations would be avoided if you simply talked to your neighbours
I’d rather just peak through the blinds and call parking enforcement

Old 05-16-2022, 07:47 AM   #22057
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,358 Times in 1,272 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
In situations like that especially when the law isn't on your side the sooner you accept that you won't be parking in front of your house all the time the better off you'll be. I can only imagine the extra stress these people put on their lives looking out the window all the time seeing if anyone parked in front of their house lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #22058

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
I almost never park in front of my house. Why would I want to park under a dirty tree when I have a garage
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #22059
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,140 Posts
Failed 79 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I almost never park in front of my house. Why would I want to park under a dirty tree when I have a garage
People use their garages as workshops, storage closets, and gyms. Modern trucks and SUVs have gotten larger over time, but garages themselves haven't.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:11 AM   #22060

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
I live on an un-curbed street, but I have had to confront people who literally parked in the middle of my driveway.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:13 AM   #22061

Thanked 31,905 Times in 7,395 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Being a hoarder doesn’t grant street ownership because you filled your parking space with boxes of junk. If you need street parking, you’ve gotta get there first, or too bad.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2022, 09:33 AM   #22062

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
I have zero sympathy for that couple. First come first serve.

I had a neighbour who used to leave nasty notes on my car and confront me for parking in front of his house. Entire street was empty and his house was a corner lot with an alley beside so the front of his house was long enough to fit 5 cars that was always empty as, surprise, he had both a full driveway and carport around back he parked in. Dude had the audacity to come out yelling once as I had parked in front of the paver stones and 'blocked' access for his visiting friends because they somehow couldn't walk on grass like the rest of the world.

One time I had a refrigerated 5 ton box truck for work so I made sure to leave that right smack in front of his house over a weekend. Never heard from him after that.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #22063

Thanked 2,907 Times in 770 Posts
Failed 407 Times in 108 Posts
I'm just happy we don't live in the states. I saw a video last year of these two neighbours fighting about snow removal or something, i'm not quite sure and one of the neighbours went inside and got their assault rifle and killed both neighbours. It was very similar to that POV of that guy shooting up that grocery store recently. It was surreal.

The older I get the more I just try to kill people with kindness.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2022, 11:21 AM   #22064
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I live on an un-curbed street, but I have had to confront people who literally parked in the middle of my driveway.
what can/do you do in that situation? call a tow truck company and tow? if you're coming home park behind them and block them in?

i had a friend in a condo and someone parked in their u/g parking and building manager/strata refused to do anything and wouldn't call their tow truck company, it was "his problem". weird stuff.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #22065
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I would confront them with a tow truck

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:03 PM   #22066

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
what can/do you do in that situation? call a tow truck company and tow? if you're coming home park behind them and block them in?
Fortunately I was out in the yard, so I got to them before they got out of their car. I just banged on the driver's window and said "Move your fucking car out of my driveway!"

Otherwise, I would have done one of these: Guy takes matters into his own hands, tows random car blocking his driveway with his pickup truck/
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:05 PM   #22067

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,145 Posts
Failed 56 Times in 22 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/burnaby/com...dian_builders/

Quote:
last year we bought a brand-new half-duplex in north burnaby.
So far we don't have any serious issue found, but I mean, so far.
Starting from a few months ago, we have some bad smells coming from the HRV, which I thought it is due to the bad smell from outside, but a few days ago, I realized that it is due to a bad installation, because the bad smell is so familiar, just like sewage.
I climb up to the attic to check the HRV (hey, another interesting installation, which is only allowed in Burnaby, WTH..), there is no p-trap in the draining hose, which means the HRV is sucking whatever the draining hose connected to our home, which likely is black pipe because of the sewage smell.
I want to temporary fix the issue, so pour some water to the draining pan, water leak! oh boy, this guy use an incorrect kit to install the draining spout, and looks like the original one is broken.
Now I have to contact the builder. builder contacts to the trader. told me in the morning that will fix it in the afternoon. in the middle of the afternoon, no one shows up. call builder, builder call trader, trader did not answer.
Now I recalled all the bad memory to deal with this builder. He always blame the trader, always make promise but cannot make it on time. His traderman, the same thing, always say, ok ok, but never fix things on time.
I think the final tips I got is, never buy a home directly from indian builders, they tends to use cheap trader which is unqualified to get thing done, and cannot stand by his words.
This one of you guys?
Old 05-16-2022, 05:52 PM   #22068

Lol the comments, “this is racism!!!”

No, it’s statistically correct lol
Old 05-16-2022, 07:24 PM   #22069

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
This is one thread up lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/burnaby/com...et_asian_guys/
Old 05-16-2022, 08:47 PM   #22070

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
I can also confirm the above post. My place was fully Reno'd by EI builders... Man so many issues.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2022, 10:14 PM   #22071

Thanked 1,884 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 192 Times in 119 Posts
^^ well how else does maniacs cousin buy 3 houses
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:26 PM   #22072
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
^^ well how else does maniacs cousin buy 3 houses
Only owns 2 so far. Fun story, we needed a carport built. He sent 2 guys he new from the mainland. They came on the first ferry in the morning and where back on the mainland that night. They did a great job and way faster than getting someone local. All these guys do is build carports. Seems to be a number of people specializing in just one thing.

These guys in Brampton will install a side entrance to your house for only $1250!

https://www.tiktok.com/@mc85001/vide...=1652772181080
Old 05-17-2022, 05:19 AM   #22073

There’s like 6 major safety issues in that video, but hey it’s cheap!

Edit* also leave the top of the door conveniently out of the video, weird..could it be because there’s no top flashing? Not done properly? How weird! Lol

Last edited by Hondaracer; 05-17-2022 at 05:26 AM.
Hondaracer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2022, 05:56 AM   #22074

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
$1000 a month to park your car outside.... The extra income makes up for the extra depreciation on the car for being outside VS garage kept. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...1048419514896/
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:55 AM   #22075

Thanked 3,769 Times in 1,340 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I can also confirm the above post. My place was fully Reno'd by EI builders... Man so many issues.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've mentioned if before but my last home was a terrible brand new build.

1. Taping job was terrible, tapes flashing everywhere looked like a home owner taped it but it was a brand new build.
2. There was supposed to be a light above my sink, they ran a wire hooked it to a switch, live wire was just sitting there above my cabinets no light.
3. Windows not symmetrical, in living room 2 huge feature windows next to each other one was a good 3/4" lower than the other one totally noticeable to anyone with eyes.
4. Certain plugs would run hot if you plugged anything into them, obviously not wire correctly. Like for example if you plugged a vacuum into an outlet in my downstairs hallway the prongs would burn you when you pulled the plug out after a few minutes of using it.
5. My light bulbs basement and main floor would burn out every 4-6 months regardless if LED or whatever, again obviously something not wired correctly. Current house I've been here over 2 years never changed a light bulb.
6. Cheap Floors delaminated the first 8 months of being in home, they wouldn't fix them the home owners warranty was no help either.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote