REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-16-2014, 12:59 AM   #251
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
R34 seems really expensive though...even in Japan, where second hand products hold very little value, R34s are keeping up real good.
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #252
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Failed 2,239 Times in 545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Bump...

There are a handful of classified ads for R34 GT-Rs already, but I'm skeptical of their veracity; especially when I haven't even seen a landed one driving around.

Someone local is asking $52K...I think they added a "Paul Walker Premium" on top.
Don't expect to just see them driving around, despite them being popular, I don't think that many will be coming in as people think.

If you have $40k ready to go, then go contact an importer. It seems lately that a clean one with no problem goes in this range, the exchange rate doesn't help either. Local prices will always be more.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #253
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
Failed 349 Times in 138 Posts
Haha paul walker premium..
Posted via RS Mobile
Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #254
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
If you have $40k ready to go, then go contact an importer..
I don't even have $4,000 in my bank account, let alone $40,000. Maybe in 6-8 years, if I plan it right.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #255
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 3 Times in 2 Posts
Would anyone be interest in a 1999 bone stock R34 GTR for CAD $65,000?

Last edited by red_jdm; 04-09-2014 at 11:18 PM.
red_jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #256
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
I don't care how long it takes me but I will buy an R34 GT-R V-Spec II
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #257
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 1,004 Times in 194 Posts
Put your money where your mouth is. I see you talkin, but i can't see you walkin.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #258
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,826 Times in 3,334 Posts
Failed 211 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Don't expect to just see them driving around, despite them being popular, I don't think that many will be coming in as people think.

If you have $40k ready to go, then go contact an importer. It seems lately that a clean one with no problem goes in this range, the exchange rate doesn't help either. Local prices will always be more.
im also speculating that the few that are for sale may be auction cars: the ones that don't pass the annual safety inspections in Japan...

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #259

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Remember this car?? It was actually more expensive than R35.

Nissan Skyline GT-R Z-Tune
MSRP: 16,900,000 Yen ($180,306 Canadian)

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #260
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 123 Posts
I like when you post good shit.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #261
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 46 Times in 18 Posts
A friend's friend has a R34 GTR Spec Nur that was imported into Vancouver BC a couple years ago. Real deal with like 5k km or something. Titanium grey in colour or w.e the colour code is called, with some TE37-like wheels, I guess aftermarket hood as well? I'm guessing that probably costed more than a R35 as well, and probably costs more now.

Never seen it in person till this day but saw it twice on my facebook news feed and that was good enough for me.

Looked like this except wheels were bright silver:
mikey2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:17 PM   #262
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 42 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2781 View Post
A friend's friend has a R34 GTR Spec Nur that was imported into Vancouver BC a couple years ago. Real deal with like 5k km or something. Titanium grey in colour or w.e the colour code is called, with some TE37-like wheels, I guess aftermarket hood as well? I'm guessing that probably costed more than a R35 as well, and probably costs more now.

Never seen it in person till this day but saw it twice on my facebook news feed and that was good enough for me.

Your friend is an idiot who ruins importation of cool JDM cars into Canada if he actually had a R34 in Canada 5 years ago. Bringing in cars that are not admissible is a huge risk and draws negative attention on importers as a whole. From my understanding, there was a white R34 a few years back that was imported legally through a visitor on temporary stay.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #263

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
im also speculating that the few that are for sale may be auction cars: the ones that don't pass the annual safety inspections in Japan...
a huge majority are gonna be auction cars...and that doesn't necessarily mean they didn't pass them.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #264
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rriggi View Post
Your friend is an idiot who ruins importation of cool JDM cars into Canada if he actually had a R34 in Canada 5 years ago. Bringing in cars that are not admissible is a huge risk and draws negative attention on importers as a whole. From my understanding, there was a white R34 a few years back that was imported legally through a visitor on temporary stay.
Except that your entire statement is invalid given that the company that brought it over had it done entirely legally, albeit through some loopholes. There's a reason why it was sold for some ridiculous figure (~$180k?) because it took a lot of money to do right. I recall reading somewhere that everything was done to specifications even beyond what new car manufacturers are required to abide by
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #265
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 26 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:

aren't u allow to import any car? just can't drive on the street, only can drive on the track right? look at those evos that were in the old canadian rally championship...

95 AE101L -sold-
GotRice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #266

Quote:
Okay... all I said was I saw this car in my news feed a couple years back. What is with the overreaction?
Old 04-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #267
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Failed 227 Times in 85 Posts
That R34 GTR was for sale at weissach at one point (3-4 years ago?) and they were asking over $100K. It's still around.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #268

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Failed 296 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey2781 View Post

Was this the car? I assume it is, I took these pictures a few years ago

JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2014, 08:50 PM   #269
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 42 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Except that your entire statement is invalid given that the company that brought it over had it done entirely legally, albeit through some loopholes. There's a reason why it was sold for some ridiculous figure (~$180k?) because it took a lot of money to do right. I recall reading somewhere that everything was done to specifications even beyond what new car manufacturers are required to abide by
Posted via RS Mobile
A US Federalized R34 is not eligible to enter Canada unless it is 15 years old, so loopholes don't make it legal, but yeah cars do accidentally make it through, I've seen it with a few cars happen.

I know someone who imported a CLK DTM into the US and had it converted to US standards and CARB legal. However when he then tried to import it into Canada he was denied on the basis it was never intended for the North American market, and no matter what conversion was done it would not be allowed in until 15 years old.

Frequently Asked Questions - Importing vehicles purchased in countries OTHER than the United States - Transport Canada

And here is a direct quote from RIV
Quote:
Grey Market Vehicles
Grey market vehicles are foreign-specification vehicles that are re-certified by a U.S. company. These are vehicles that were originally manufactured for a domestic market other than the United States. They were subsequently imported into the U.S. where they have been modified to comply with U.S. safety and emissions standards.
Grey market vehicles may have a label affixed by the U.S. company that altered the vehicle indicating that the vehicle has been “imported”, “altered”, or “modified” to comply with U.S. standards. Grey market vehicles (excluding buses) less than 15 years old from the date of manufacture and buses (including school buses) manufactured on or after January 1, 1971, are inadmissible for entry into Canada.
And race cars can be imported at any age, during import on the form 1, you declare it as a special purposes vehicle, and then you need to submit some other things which I'm not too clear on.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post

YES! I remember the canucks plate.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #271

Failed 8 Times in 5 Posts
That Z-Tune is really high
Swonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 PM   #272
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post

This is my friends GTR, they found a loophole and was able to get it imported several years ago. Its the real deal with silly low mileage 5000 kms
Mlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #273

Thanked 31,897 Times in 7,390 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swonz View Post
That Z-Tune is really high
Does it have way undersized tires maybe? It doesn't look super high, just exaggerated wheel gap.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #274

Thanked 9,847 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
that one was asking like $250k couple years ago...more than an authentic z-tune lol
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #275
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
A US Federalized R34 is not eligible to enter Canada unless it is 15 years old, so loopholes don't make it legal, but yeah cars do accidentally make it through, I've seen it with a few cars happen.

I know someone who imported a CLK DTM into the US and had it converted to US standards and CARB legal. However when he then tried to import it into Canada he was denied on the basis it was never intended for the North American market, and no matter what conversion was done it would not be allowed in until 15 years old.

Frequently Asked Questions - Importing vehicles purchased in countries OTHER than the United States - Transport Canada

And here is a direct quote from RIV

And race cars can be imported at any age, during import on the form 1, you declare it as a special purposes vehicle, and then you need to submit some other things which I'm not too clear on.
The above-mentioned R34 is not a grey market US import. The person who was in charge of the whole operation is a member on here, and is a well respected member of the local Nissan community. Some of you may remember his S13.5 from way back. Apparently the headlights are even DOT legal, and was personally inspected by the head of DOT who came over from Victoria specifically for that reason. The car had to go through more testing than what a manufacturer would have to for a new model. That's about all I remember. Maybe someone else can chime in.