REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 11 Times in 5 Posts
think i might have slight anxiety/depression?

edit:

Last edited by gunz4hire; 11-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.
gunz4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Failed 1,279 Times in 298 Posts
Just see ur dr lol, I had anxiety attacks like crazy and finally got over it, I cut away a lot of things in my life and have been doing well ever since, take things slowly and relax, make little changes in ur life and hopefully ull be good. A member on RS, (dinosaur) has great information, ask her if she's free! Helped me out a lot and I'm grateful for it
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 37 Times in 20 Posts
see your doctor and they can refer you to a psychologist/psychiatrist. they are usually beneficial and help you reframe your way of thinking.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,213 Times in 4,601 Posts
Failed 426 Times in 274 Posts
Depression is a serious matter. I've had to deal with the matter on a first hand basis (not myself but a personal friend of mine had it.)

There should be nothing to be ashamed about. I would highly suggest you see your family doctor and go from there. If and when you don't tell people, especially your family, not only do you hurt yourself, you're hurting everybody around you. Especially the people who really do care about you. It's not a joking matter where you pop a few pills and go back to normal. It has to be diagnosed and treated properly.

For reference, check out this website - Depression Hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Failed 347 Times in 112 Posts
Do it man, see a doctor, because anxiety/depression literally takes the fun and enjoyment out of everything in your life. Talking to a counselor will give you almost instantaneous results. When I talked to my counselor, she told me that anxiety is perfectly normal, and that everybody gets them from time to time. And the first step towards getting better at controlling anxiety is realizing that it is always more serious than it actually is.
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 88 Times in 27 Posts
Still need daddy and mommy to stand there for ya? I don't care how old you are, but you shouldn't always need your parents to be there for you when something doesn't go your way. Sometimes we gotta learn to deal with problems ourselves (Especially personal problems), and until you can manage this you're no man in my book.

Depression is not necessarily a bad thing just so you know. This is how we learn to become a better person. Naturally, depression and happiness cannot coexist without each other, in short, they are two sides of the same card. Find the root of your depression and deal with it. It'll eventually be back to haunt you later on in life anyways, so might as well learn while you're still young (I'm assuming) so that you'll have the experience to deal with it later on. It really is a pitiful sight to see an adult stuck in depression.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Failed 444 Times in 144 Posts
How about do an introspection and find out why you think you're feeling anxious and depressed? Is it schooling? career? money?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 11 Times in 5 Posts
edit:

Last edited by gunz4hire; 11-17-2012 at 12:00 PM.
gunz4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
I STILL don't get it

Failed 23 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juwlzx View Post
Still need daddy and mommy to stand there for ya? I don't care how old you are, but you shouldn't always need your parents to be there for you when something doesn't go your way. Sometimes we gotta learn to deal with problems ourselves (Especially personal problems), and until you can manage this you're no man in my book.

Depression is not necessarily a bad thing just so you know. This is how we learn to become a better person. Naturally, depression and happiness cannot coexist without each other, in short, they are two sides of the same card. Find the root of your depression and deal with it. It'll eventually be back to haunt you later on in life anyways, so might as well learn while you're still young (I'm assuming) so that you'll have the experience to deal with it later on. It really is a pitiful sight to see an adult stuck in depression.
This advice is incomplete. While you may not have family or friends to help you, you have other options I think that are better. Since you go to college, visit the health and counseling clinic at your campus. Make an appointment with a counselor. Those people are great because they don't know you and they will use their training to listen to your problems. Best of all, it's free! That's where I started.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Failed 680 Times in 181 Posts
can you describe your depression?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Failed 441 Times in 145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBPTL6o4 View Post
Just see ur dr lol, I had anxiety attacks like crazy and finally got over it, I cut away a lot of things in my life and have been doing well ever since, take things slowly and relax, make little changes in ur life and hopefully ull be good. A member on RS, (dinosaur) has great information, ask her if she's free! Helped me out a lot and I'm grateful for it
Posted via RS Mobile
wow! thanks, dude
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Failed 441 Times in 145 Posts
Instead of reposting the same advice I gave before, take a look at this thread:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67057...y-attacks.html

There is a lot of great advice and links through-out. The topic may have been more directed towards anxiety, but anxiety and depression are usually intertwined.

Feel free to PM me if you want Also, props to you for reaching out for help.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote