REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
10psi aint enough...

Failed 51 Times in 9 Posts
Puerto Vallarto, Mexico

So I will be visiting Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in Feb.2013 with my fiance and few of her friends. Will be staying at an all-inclusive resort since they are so much fun! Just like when we visited Los Cabos in Oct... Food and drinks are included.

Has anyone been there, any good recommendations or specific places to hit up?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
I was there last feb, just south of pv. The malacon is pretty cool. It's where you'll find all the street venders, also check out the pirate ship boats you can go out on at night, I never did but they looked like a lot of fun!
Also check out the hidden beach on the marieta islands or something like that. Very cool!

Posted via RS Mobile
MikeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #3
10psi aint enough...

Those sounds like some fun places, I will google them and find my way there.
Cheers!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Last time we were there, back in 2007, PV was a lot of fun. But you will find that since it is a port city, the city itself is quite Americanized. They have a Wal-Mart and Sam's club right opposite of the cruise terminal. They also have a Chuck E Cheese, Hooters restaurant, and regular fast food like Burger King and McD's.

Which resort are you planning on staying at?

There are lots of things to do in PV. There are some good clubs to go to too if you are into that stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Cabo or Cancun are the only places to go as far as I'm concerned

Went to PV about 4 years ago now, didnt enjoy it half as much as cabo to be honest, but I did like the markets and shops quite a bit, I'd spend more time
Exploring and doing excursions in PV see different things
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #6
10psi aint enough...

Thanks guys!

Yah, we are just waiting for her friend to confirm the large wedding party. If I recall, its the Dreams Resort & Spa in PV.

We plan to do excursions and fun outdoor activities, mostly enjoy the sunny weather (hopefully). I personally not interested in clubbing but not sure what the others will do.
There should be a good 20+ ppl with us so we'll see what happens.

I like this market that everyones talking about...street vendors and such. Always fun to check out local events.

Yah, hondaracer, Los Cabos was fun...the ocean view from my room was amazing...
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
We went to that market. It was meh, but then again I am not into that stuff. It is dollar crap made and pedelled to "tourist".
WWE type wrestler masks. Hats/sombrero's, cheap fake jewelery. T-shirts. Shooter cups. Deformed Corona bottles.

It was interesting to take the city bus from the resort into the city. Watching the bus driver drive a manual bus with no synchro's so there is heavy gear grind with every gear shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
you've gotten usually go off the beaten path to find the good handmade stuff

in Cabo i randomly stumbled into this last little corner stall in this tourist type market and the guy had the craziest hand made bone carvings, ended up buying an awsome Devils skull from him, but probably 90% of his stuff was amazing
Old 12-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
10psi aint enough...

Yes, most of those market places or booths do cater to tourists with wrestling masks, cheap souvenirs, clothing and such...guess its still something to check out when there.
We still need to research what attractions they offer...think we are mostly enjoying the sun, food and drinks! Probably play some beach volleyball too...

Thanks for the tips, if anyone comes up with amazing attractions, let me know...cheers!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #10
10psi aint enough...

Ok got my itinerary and will be scheduled to fly in february to puerto vallarta, staying a week at dreams resort beachside.

30+ degree weather here we come...
Posted via RS Mobile