REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #26
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
^i'd be lying if i said i wasn't
Advertisement
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Failed 170 Times in 101 Posts
lol at the racist old people. Some of those kids are fucking retarded though, not much different from the mainland fobs in Richmond.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 AM   #28
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 79 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post
the whole point of the video was their unnecessary showing off of their cars. The dude on the balcony even said, these guys would race from one stop light to another stop light.

I followed behind a C63 AMG the other day doing 50kmh down Victoria Dr, it didn't make more noise than mine.

The Arab guy that said "ferraris have a valve that open at 3000rpm that makes noise, its meant to be noisy" blah blah blah, just go blast it down a highway and nobody would care. Just don't blast it down their crowded neighbourhood streets.

We all get furious on Halloween night when ppl play fireworks all night long, these British residents have to suffer all summer long.
I actually think the whole point of the video was to show the other side of the complaints. It shows the perspective of the "arabs" and what their intentions are bringing these nice cars to the UK. I also think the point was to make the old school brits look racist and I think mission accomplished.
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmecar View Post

We all get furious on Halloween night when ppl play fireworks all night long, these British residents have to suffer all summer long.
The lady at the end of video mentioned it was only a couple weeks in a year. Not all summer.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
I am grateful grapefruit

Failed 83 Times in 11 Posts
It's not just driving - it's also stuff like this happening

New Harrods Owners' $2.5M Supercars Booted (Outside Store They Bought For $2.5B)

They park illegally knowing full well that the fines mean nothing to them.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Failed 332 Times in 45 Posts
The problem is the "car spotters" without these people encouraging the behavior, the stupid antics would die down.
Posted via RS Mobile
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
The problem is the "car spotters" without these people encouraging the behavior, the stupid antics would die down.
Posted via RS Mobile
"car spotters" came after these people and their nice cars, car spotters aren't helping but they aren't the cause.

Just got back home from a lecture on research methods and couldn't help but think about the locals in this video. Cops and the complaining citizens are selectively observing and over generalizing these people, maybe due to racism or maybe due to jealousy. I'm sure there are improperly insured or noisy local cars but these interest groups just point their fingers at one select bunch of people because of their own biases.
Until they choose to approach the issue (reckless driving, noise in the middle of the night, etc.) objectively, we can't really respect these finger waggers

People making the documentary definitely had their agenda too though
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,752 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
"car spotters" came after these people and their nice cars, car spotters aren't helping but they aren't the cause.

Just got back home from a lecture on research methods and couldn't help but think about the locals in this video. Cops and the complaining citizens are selectively observing and over generalizing these people, maybe due to racism or maybe due to jealousy. I'm sure there are improperly insured or noisy local cars but these interest groups just point their fingers at one select bunch of people because of their own biases.
Until they choose to approach the issue (reckless driving, noise in the middle of the night, etc.) objectively, we can't really respect these finger waggers

People making the documentary definitely had their agenda too though
+1. I agree that the makers of the documentary had their agenda in making the old Brits look like racists. Remember that one scene in the video where the old guy yells at the Arab kid for carrying an umbrella, and accidentally hitting him on the head. The Brit goes on a tirade to lecture the kid to close the umbrella, saying that he got poked in the eye.

These residents of Knightsbridge may have tunnel vision. Do they seriously think that some of the ballers in that area of London, ballers that are NOT Arab but white, don't also drive sports cars fast? Why are they just picking on the Arab kids? -sounds like a double standard to me.

FYI, I have a friend that's living in London now who's seen some white guys driving their sports cars fast through Knightsbridge, without ever getting harassed by the cops. The Arab guys, the "Gulfies" as some Brits call them, get cop harassment when they drive their cars.
If some young Brit baller, drives his Ferrari or Lambo, in the middle of the night at high speed through Knightsbridge, then the residents and the police need to focus on these speeders too.
There's gotta be like noise bylaws or at the very least speed limits in that area.

If the cops are gonna pull over the Arab boys in their cars because of improper insurance, licence plate issues, speeding, they need to enforce the law on all people, white, black, Arab etc. that break the law.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #34
RS controls my life!

Failed 291 Times in 69 Posts
driving in london looks so confusing. All those narrow streets with a ridiculous amounts of signs and lines. Amazed there's no accident scenes. Also these arabs have terrible fashion.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote