REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Founder, RS Veteran

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
VLS Vacations and World Travel forum & ChicVoyage present..

Revscene.net VLS Exclusive

RS Member, Greg Hung, sold his downtown apartment and left his IT Manager job in 2011 to pursue his dream of travel and filming. Follow his journey through the growth of ChicVoyage Group in the Revscene VLS Vacation and World Travel forum.

"I hope I can inspire Revscene members to film or travel", says Greg. "I remember working at Revenue Canada. I bought my Integra and had fun modifying it. Larger rims, spoiler, aftermarket exhaust, and CAI. It was fun times back then and my priority was filling gas and keeping a busy social life. But after back-packing in Europe, it all changed. I opened my eyes to a different way of life beyond Vancouver".

So in December 2011, Greg continued on to cities like Shanghai, Guangzhou, Xian, and Taiwan. After his time spent in Asia he returned to Vancouver, determined to showcase entertaining, inspiring, and informative travel adventure films called "ChicVoyage in Asia".

The trailer above is just the latest video produced by ChicVoyage of the Grand Canyon; it sparks his West Coast America tour that includes Las Vegas, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Seattle, Victoria, and Vancouver. Check it out and share your feedback and suggestions exclusively here on VLS...
Advertisement

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Founder, RS Veteran

have any of you seen the Grand Canyon? thoughts about your experiences?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I'd love to hear feedback on the video from RevScene members? Does it inspire you to travel there. Did you enjoy it
Ghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
RS Lurker, I don't post!

jACE the grand canyon is considered on of the worlds natural world wonders. Ive got a write up on the experience and useful tips, but would like to hear from anyone that has been there
The Awe inspiring views at the Grand Canyon should be on your bucket list
Ghung is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Founder, RS Veteran

No Revscenester has been to the Grand Canyon? No photos to share? I'm surprised!

Well anyways, come watch the VLS presents ChicVoyage Promo Videos

Then post up your opinion/thoughts/experiences relating to the videos in this thread

You will be automatically entered for a chance to win some free RS stickers!

Winners will be notified in THIS thread.. it's that simple!!

Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Founder, RS Veteran

Next VLS/ChicVoyage focus... Las Vegas, Nevada! Watch the video and share your thoughts on the videos..

..and win cool stuff!

This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post
No Revscenester has been to the Grand Canyon? No photos to share? I'm surprised!

Sorry, I missed this thread.

My Facebook only has one of the pictures but I've been there a couple of times.

The first time I was alone. I had driven through south Utah, through Monument Valley and arrived at the south end of the canyon late at night. Probably one or two in the morning. I was exhausted from hiking through Arches National Park the day before in the blazing August sun.

I parked my car on the edge of camping lot near the east entrance to the park. Protip: If you drive in after they close for camping, you don't have to pay admissions. I learned that completely unintentionally though so don't plan your trip around sneaking around a $10 or $15 admission fee.

Anyhow, I woke up with the sun which was pretty early, even in late summer, and got to see the sun rise over the Grand Canyon for the first time I truly saw it. I stood next to the Desert View Watchtower as I watched the canyon be painted in the early morning light. Thats when I "got it" and understood why people come here.

I spent a little time at the canyon seeing some of the sites before I got back in my car to head down to see the OK Corral in Tombstone, Az.

The second time I was there I got to spend a lot more time seeing the sites and enjoying the scenery. I also had someone there to appreciate it with me, it being their first time.

Good times, folks. See it if you can.

Edit: I've been to Vegas a bunch of times as well. But I'm sure other Revscenesters have as well. I think this thread could really go places so lets hear your impressions of Vegas, folks.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #8
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
Raid3n's been to the Grand Canyon. He was there last November during his trip to Austin for F1.

I don't think I would pay $44 to see it. Just my personal opinion. I can think of better things to spend that money on.

Edit: After talking to EB I may have been mistaken. My brother may have been talking about where they COULD have gone for $44 (glass bridge). Which now that I think about it sounds right. My mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!

Last edited by Inaii; 02-11-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
Went to Grand Canyon at the Skybridge area with family over a year ago. I was amazed by the scenery and the different composites and textures on the rocks. Here are some pics

these little guys are everywhere + a couple of ravens if you're lucky
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #10
Founder, RS Veteran

vyrospec, PM me an address. I'm mailing a pair of rs.net stickers to your doorstep.

This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #11
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Failed 553 Times in 157 Posts
I've always wanted to go see the sheer scale of the Grand Canyon... my family was supposed to go this one year but unfortunately our plans had to be scrapped...

hopefully though, one day I can get there and just experience the vastness of it all.

Nice shots by the way!