REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 1,004 Times in 194 Posts
Is their anywhere to re-watch this ???? Please and thanks.
Advertisement
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,709 Times in 1,175 Posts
Failed 61 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar_boy View Post
Does anyone know anything about Company of Cars? I was looking at some of there stock and was thinking about a few cars that they have. Used Inventory for Company of Cars | Quality Used Car Dealership in Vancouver, BC, V5T 1V4 that includes luxury used cars trucks and suv
I met the owner's father today as I was picking up a Miata shift knob at his home and if he's any indication then they are a legit business. Super nice guy, currently restoring a beautiful Cortina in his garage and is parting out a written off Miata (he's a regular on the Miata forums).

I had looked at their ads before and wasn't sure what to make of them but the chat with him gives me a lot of confidence in his son's business.
supafamous is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
vicguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #29

This dealer is SKETCHY! I came from victoria cause a 00' 911 Carrera was advertised at half price. Prior to, i had asked over a dozen questions so it wouldn't be a waste. Salesman/owners lie threw their teeth! Said car was inspected. Signal not working. Tires not sealed to rim. Oil leaking etc. I said I'd buy the car if they did the brakes battery and service as oil was blk and brakes were grinding plus battery was dead. They said they said to go to the mall well they did it before they close which I did but when I later had it inspected at my shop Back in vic the brakes were just a pad slam with the worst pads I have seen (or heard for that matter) They didn't use shims (they were sliding around) tripped the brake sensor light. Battery was used (died few days later) oil was not changed! And then there were the other 5 cosmetic probs plus an oil leak as I mentioned & to get around that and make a sale they said "we'll throw in a free warranty, just wait a few weeks then tell lubrico warranty that it started leaking out of no where" basically letting it fall on them! I thought the signal, tire issue and the rest of the cosmetic issues I would handle myself but in the end I had to do it ALL!!! Months later the cars mint but thats after a few grand and hours upon hours of my detailing etc. This day n' age I don't know HOW this dealer operates!!! The place is a mess. Cars arnt detailed let alone cleaned. The "mechanics" are 19 year old kids &They SMOKE INSIDE THE DEALER! GROSS! How is it not shut down??? Any other experiences since? Cheers!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #30
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Failed 105 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicguy View Post
This dealer is SKETCHY! I came from victoria cause a 00' 911 Carrera was advertised at half price. Prior to, i had asked over a dozen questions so it wouldn't be a waste. Salesman/owners lie threw their teeth! Said car was inspected. Signal not working. Tires not sealed to rim. Oil leaking etc. I said I'd buy the car if they did the brakes battery and service as oil was blk and brakes were grinding plus battery was dead. They said they said to go to the mall well they did it before they close which I did but when I later had it inspected at my shop Back in vic the brakes were just a pad slam with the worst pads I have seen (or heard for that matter) They didn't use shims (they were sliding around) tripped the brake sensor light. Battery was used (died few days later) oil was not changed! And then there were the other 5 cosmetic probs plus an oil leak as I mentioned & to get around that and make a sale they said "we'll throw in a free warranty, just wait a few weeks then tell lubrico warranty that it started leaking out of no where" basically letting it fall on them! I thought the signal, tire issue and the rest of the cosmetic issues I would handle myself but in the end I had to do it ALL!!! Months later the cars mint but thats after a few grand and hours upon hours of my detailing etc. This day n' age I don't know HOW this dealer operates!!! The place is a mess. Cars arnt detailed let alone cleaned. The "mechanics" are 19 year old kids &They SMOKE INSIDE THE DEALER! GROSS! How is it not shut down??? Any other experiences since? Cheers!
Posted via RS Mobile
dealers like this exist because people like you buy from them
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #31
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Failed 195 Times in 67 Posts
Quote:
Posted via RS Mobile
And you bought the car?

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #32

Read the post!! I agreed to the deal if they replaced what I said. They were supposed to. Worst case I had the warranty company to go threw which did help. I was looking for a white tiptronic convertible carrera with good km for under $15000 (Usually unheard of!)In the end as I said it was worth it. Similar cars chipped with $12000 in custom add ons go for $35000. I'm just saying someone going in blind would be screwed especially someone looking for a dime a dozen corolla accord Altima etc. in that case you might as well buy from ANYWHERE ELSE BUT. Which that dealer DOES sell a lot of. I looked passed a LOT for this car where I almost Wouldent the 2nd time. Just trying to warn people! In the end I got the $4000 from them I was out withOUT the MVSA or laywer! That incident drawn out should have knocked some SENCE in to them but probably not!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #33
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Read the post!! I agreed to the deal if they replaced what I said.
You should have waited until they actually replaced what needed to be replaced before even buying the car

It's like those craigslist scammers running around the automotive services section making unwary people pay for parts to be replaced but they run off with your money
Old 07-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #34

I was buying it anyway weather they fixed the stuff and I did the rest or they lie and said they fixed it and me talking them down as I did. Funny part is the car is seen in the W5 Undercover Video! haha
Old 11-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
None of the information posted above by vicguy relates to Company of Cars.

We have not had a 2000 Carrera in our dealership this year - nor have we had one in the last 2 years, according to our database - the lot shown in that photo is not that of Company of Cars, we would never advertise anything at "half price" and we have no mechanics on staff.

Any and all work done to the cars we sell is either performed by the major dealerships they originate from ie MCL, Ferrari etc or the work is done by BC Government certified shops.

We have, as does every business in BC, a non-smoking environment and quite apart from that I personally would never allow anyone, customer or employee to smoke within the premises.

We have never had any association with "Lubrico Warranty" and have never sold or used any of their products.

I am the person referred to by supafamous, I work at this dealership in a management capacity and supafamous summed up how we are seen within the industry and I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about our dealership.

Last edited by sideways; 11-06-2013 at 09:50 AM.
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #36
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,047 Times in 790 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post

We have not had a 2000 Carrera in our dealership this year - nor have we had one in the last 2 years, according to our database - the lot shown in that photo is not that of Company of Cars, we would never advertise anything at "half price" and we have no mechanics on staff.

Any and all work done to the cars we sell is either performed by the major dealerships they originate from ie MCL, Ferrari etc or the work is done by BC Government certified shops.

We have, as does every business in BC, a non-smoking environment and quite apart from that I personally would never allow anyone, customer or employee to smoke within the premises.

We have never had any association with "Lubrico Warranty" and have never sold or used any of their products.

I am the person referred to by supafamous, I work at this dealership in a management capacity and supafamous summed up how we are seen within the industry and I will be more than happy to answer any questions anyone has about our dealership.

I can see why you might have been confused, but I am pretty sure Vicguy is speaking about his experiences with Lucky 8.
Posted via RS Mobile
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #37
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks jing, I wondered about that but it appeared to be directed at us - and I didn't want to PM him in case it looked like we were trying to bypass the system.

Its all good then and I can tell the boss (my son, go figure!) that it had nothing to do with us.

Interesting site this, lots to read, no doubt I will be using this site to see what the best drivetrain is for my Cortina...

Thanks again for the heads up on this jing.
sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
LOL I ride my bike past Company of Cars all the time and I am positive that their sales facility DOES NOT look anything like the one posted by vivguy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,486 Times in 2,030 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
I'd actually like to see how big dealerships are rated. I would consider Eagle Ridge GM a spam dealership rather than a car dealership.

I almost bought a car from there 3 times but always had a sour vibe from the place. They have a brutal time keeping up with inventory.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
I STILL don't get it

Failed 24 Times in 9 Posts
well well.. I used to live in Van.. bought a couple used cars.. and honestly.. I try to stay away from those shady dealerships.. thought they were bad..

annnnnnnnd until I tried selling used cars in TW..

Damn.. cut and weld.. 1/4.. front and rear.. water.. swimmers.. taxies.. damn you name it I got it.. so yea, feel better gaiz?
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 4 Posts
Wonder which dealer vicguy bought it from? It's been for sale on usedvictoria for a while now for $30k

2000 Porsche 911 Carrera - Custom - MINT - LOW K - REDUCED! - TRADES? Victoria City, Victoria
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #42
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 643 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
I'd actually like to see how big dealerships are rated. I would consider Eagle Ridge GM a spam dealership rather than a car dealership.

I almost bought a car from there 3 times but always had a sour vibe from the place. They have a brutal time keeping up with inventory.
Lol the decor in that place looked like a Price is Right showcase from 20 years ago last time I was there
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #43
RS controls my life!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
I had such a difficult time trying to read vicguy's postings. Was like reading one loooong sentence with no punctuations. Couldn't help reading it in my head with an "english as a second language" accent.

Pretty much all these used car dealers sell rebuilt or out of province vehicles. They are general cheaper for a reason
Old 11-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #44
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 14 Times in 8 Posts
Factory car dealerships do sell the cars their customers wanted to trade in to used car dealerships if they don't want it on their lots.

I traded in an A4 avant to an Infiniti dealership and they told me they don't sell German cars on their lot so they will have to sell it to a used car dealer. And guess where the avant ended up at, yup, Lucky 8.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #45
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
I think I bought that Acura Integra with bent unibody from Luxor motors. For 3988.
Posted via RS Mobile
Louhasnocash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #46
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louhasnocash View Post
I think I bought that Acura Integra with bent unibody from Luxor motors. For 3988.
Posted via RS Mobile
i have to ask... did you get it inspected before buying, and if not... why?!?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:31 AM   #47
spammin my services for a case of stella...

Failed 21 Times in 12 Posts
‘m sorry for bringing this thread back but is there anyone out here with some recent experiences with Lucky8 dealership? I am planning to possibly buy a vehicle from them in the next 2-4 days.

quality > quantity
midnight_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #48
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
I've bought a few cars from Raymond(I think that's his name) and they turned out to be OK. Just do you due diligence beforehand with a CarProof/Carfax and an inspection.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2015, 11:21 PM   #49
spammin my services for a case of stella...

Failed 21 Times in 12 Posts
..neh.. turns out they are still shady as hell...I don’t want to go into any details but I will not be purchasing anything from that Kingsway dealership.

quality > quantity
midnight_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #50
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_r View Post
..neh.. turns out they are still shady as hell...I don’t want to go into any details but I will not be purchasing anything from that Kingsway dealership.
which car were you looking at?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote