REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Thursday Night Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/685678-thursday-night-meets.html)

jsran 03-13-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinxcrusader (Post 8435181)
When + where? I'd like to join

Market Crossing (Byrne Rd, and marine way). In front of Tim Hortons

jinxcrusader 03-13-2014 07:09 PM

9:30 tonight? :D i'll be there!

Calbeee 03-13-2014 07:43 PM

yep 9:30. they happen regardless so ya. come on by

lungfish23 03-13-2014 07:58 PM

A small group is there already. Drove past and checked them out when I went to marble slab with my wife.

Had the babu and dog in the car as well or would've stopped.
Posted via RS Mobile

nabs 03-13-2014 09:04 PM

Saw ppl driving towards and pulling into the lot, couldn't stop by tonight. Maybe next week.

LeadFootLiam 03-16-2014 09:43 PM

It is supposed to rain this Thursday. Do people still go when its raining?

Calbeee 03-16-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeadFootLiam (Post 8437828)
It is supposed to rain this Thursday. Do people still go when its raining?

People always tend to show up regardless of numbers, maybe just less, and for a shorter duration

Calbeee 03-16-2014 11:05 PM

Hey guys,

most of you probably know about what happened today at the Spanish Banks meet.

I know revscene guys are generally really good, but I would just like to post what I posted on the FaceBook group just because. If everyone can work together to call out and put down people that do stupid shit at the meet, it would be really helpful. Now more than ever, we don't want the police shutting down our weekly meets for things we didn't do

Anyways, here goes:

"Hey guys,
As a lot of you are probably aware already, there was an event held today that did not set the best example for the car enthusiast community. So as such, it is even more important that our Thursday Meets are examples for others to follow.

I would just like to remind everyone that the Thursday Night Meets will still be occurring every Thursday at 9:30, in the Tim Hortons parking lot at Market Crossing.
Though it is after hours, it is still a public venue, and bystanders still come and go. In addition to that, Tim Hortons is still open for business during our meeting times. I know the meets will start to expand again as the weather gets warmer, so here are a few ground rules I would like to set:

*NO HOONING* Burn-outs, drifts, speeding through the aisles. Anyone doing anything dangerous or wreckless should be called out. If needed, take down their plate and report it to the non-emergency line at: (604) 717-3321

Safety is our #1 priority, and having fun is our second.
If everyone can work together to keep the bad apples out, we can have our meets in peace, and enjoy it without having the police on our backs. The reputation of the car community has taken a hit today, and it would be nice to let everyone know that it is still possible for us car enthusiasts to have a civillized meet.

*THROW YOUR GARBAGE* This isn't really a big problem anymore, but I would just like to throw up a friendly reminder since I know the meets will be growing in size during the summer. Tim Horton's is nice enough to allow us to meet in their parking lot, so please show some respect back by throwing away all your garbage when you are done with it, not on the floor. I have been told by police and other people that Tim Horton employees sometimes come out and spend an hour or so picking up after OUR mess before the morning rush hours. If the garbage cans are too far, I will bring garbage bags and personally walk around if needed.

Lets all work together to keep the car enthusiast community back in a positive light. We'll continue to make our weekly meets an example. Thank you so much. If there are any suggestions or questions please inbox me.

PS: If there are any regular attendees of the meet that want to volunteer and help me out during the meet, feel free to PM me! Thanks!"

LeadFootLiam 03-17-2014 08:46 PM

I will keep that in mind. I will arrive in one of my parents car, since I am saving up for mine, so hooning is out of the question for me. :)

snails 03-17-2014 09:33 PM

LeadFootLiam..

no hooning you say.. Lead...Foot..

Mr.Stubbz 03-17-2014 10:18 PM

hm, i might finally actually be able to make it to a thursday night meet this week since i dont have volunteer that night and isnt working the morning after :thumbs:

LeadFootLiam 03-19-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snails (Post 8438763)
LeadFootLiam..

no hooning you say.. Lead...Foot..

Just because I'm a "Lead Foot" does not mean I can't contain myself. :thumbsup:

xXSupa 03-19-2014 07:06 PM

I'll probably be there this week.

FN-2199 03-20-2014 06:37 PM

So, who's going to be there tonight?

SkunkWorks 03-20-2014 06:58 PM

I'll be there :)

Tone Loc 03-20-2014 07:47 PM

My body is ready

fliptuner 03-20-2014 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PARANOiA-R34 (Post 8441019)
My body is ready

Me too

Mr.Stubbz 03-20-2014 11:04 PM

loooootta people there tonight.

:lawl: at the old ass green car with the jacked up bass

Calbeee 03-21-2014 03:22 AM

great meet today guys. really impressed with the turnout and how well everyone acted! way to go! as always, garbage can be impressed but it wasn't bad considering how many of us were there.

i was in a rush and forgot to bring a garbage bag but i will bring one next week and walk around!

any help would be appreciated

any one that wants to post pics, feel free to if you have any

MaaaadMan 03-21-2014 03:40 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a few shitty phone pics

xXSupa 03-21-2014 09:50 AM

To add on to the crappy phone pics:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...upa/Thurs1.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...upa/Thurs2.jpg

white rocket 03-21-2014 09:58 AM

oh shit! neon underglow y0!

westopher 03-21-2014 11:12 AM

LOL swfk. Fucking love dat green underglow.

snails 03-21-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8441365)
LOL swfk. Fucking love dat green underglow.

http://www.autolifers.com/wp-content...3/03/image.jpg

meme405 03-21-2014 11:30 AM

Someone awared me yesterday that LED's under the car aren't illegal like neons are. Is there truth to this?

Don't worry I don't plan on going and throwing a night clubs worth of lights under my car if you guys say yes. Just seemed wrong to me.