REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Failed 170 Times in 59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
I was quoted $130/hr to fix or $300 to replace with a new unit. Too expensive and it's not even my apartment. I will play with it more and report back.

There's nothing to turn from the bottom. I can reach in from the top but that's scary as hell.
lol don't reach in with your hands man. just remove whatever guard there is from the sink and use a chopstick or a branch or something sturdy and long and just poke around. turn the blades a few times. and then see if it works.
Advertisement
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #27
I don't get it

Failed 10 Times in 2 Posts
If you don't get it loosened up, I've got one here that's about three years old and was in good working condition when we reno'd our kitchen in November. The electricians ripped all the wiring out and didn't put the wiring back into place so I never bothered to reinstall it. $20.
sleepywheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 121 Times in 59 Posts
you can take it apart from the bottom but ensure to take the crud off first and disconnect the power...
Old 07-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 103 Times in 22 Posts
Finally repaired by a guy I found on Craigslist. A small rock jammed the metal plate. It took him less than 5 minutes to fix and he charged me a very reasonable rate.

He used a long flat head screw driver and lossened the plate. I was trying to loosen the blades but didn't know the larger metal plate also moves too.

Highly recommend this guy if anyone is interested. PM me for contact.
Posted via RS Mobile
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #30
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
lol don't reach in with your hands man. just remove whatever guard there is and use a chopstick or a branch or something sturdy and long and just poke around . turn the blades a few times. and then see if it works.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote