REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
ICBC? What's tha- Oooohhhh you mean IMBC? Insurance Monopoly of British Columbia
I wonder if ICBC monopoly will ever end..?

ICBC ranked the worst in the country by customers in J.D. Power study

End ICBC's monopoly, say the Okanagan papers - The Globe and Mail

Get rid of ICBC's monopoly
Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Failed 191 Times in 65 Posts
Good luck OP. I'll you the benefit of the doubt and side with you
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #28

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Failed 1,848 Times in 413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissedoffe55 View Post
That has happened to me quite a few times, where I almost rear end the person in front of me because they cant make up there mind wether to stay or go...As for the damage stuff when I looked at his car I couldn't believe how minor the scratch was compared to the damage on my bumper, really made me scratch my head lol..
Yeah, that's the thing... we got out of the cars to look at the damage, and right away she was all, "well my neck's a little sore"

I'm thinking she backed her own car into a wall or something later to make it look good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 77 Posts
I don't understand how a company that is hated so profusely can still have the exclusive rights to basic insurance for an entire province. In any other industry, having complete control is in violation of competition laws, and the bread and butter is in basic insurance coverage.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #30
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 33 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yeah, that's the thing... we got out of the cars to look at the damage, and right away she was all, "well my neck's a little sore"

I'm thinking she backed her own car into a wall or something later to make it look good...
To be fair, a rear ender feels way worse when you are on the receiving end. We've been hit and after realizing what had happened, my first thought was the rear end must have sustained serious damage. Went out back to look, and just a couple of scratches and maybe a ding in our rear bumper.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #31

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Failed 72 Times in 31 Posts
ICBC has the monopoly because the government of BC likes it that way....more money in there pockets.

Call TellDell, ask for Zach, he was super helpful. Came out to meet us, we didn't have to go to the office downtown and he was on top of everything for us. If I ever have to deal with ICBC in any capacity again it will be through Zach.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
I bet you 5 people who have posted in this thread have either rolled some extra damage into their claim, or claimed whiplash from a minor fender bender to get free money from ICBC.

then you get OP, who has a suspect dent that looks like it wasn't caused by the accident (tho it may have been), where ICBC says they dont believe it to be legit, and the whole world stands up yelling "screw ICBC, they just screw you"

RRxtar wishes for a world where everyone is honest.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #33
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 50 Times in 29 Posts
Sounds all so close to my story. Same situation but ikea parking lot before they chnaged it so while it still had one way lanes. Lady backs out the wrong way right into me, I saw her coming and laid on the horn but it didn't help. My rear bumper clips are now broken she admits fault and all that's good stuff. ICBC tells me while she admits fault, there is damage on both cars like stated and there is paint transfer they didn't think it was from her car cause the heights didn't line up closely enough.

I just said fuck it cause it was a beater of a car anyways but I couldn't believe they denied me.
Posted via RS Mobile
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #34

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Failed 72 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
I bet you 5 people who have posted in this thread have either rolled some extra damage into their claim, or claimed whiplash from a minor fender bender to get free money from ICBC.

then you get OP, who has a suspect dent that looks like it wasn't caused by the accident (tho it may have been), where ICBC says they dont believe it to be legit, and the whole world stands up yelling "screw ICBC, they just screw you"

RRxtar wishes for a world where everyone is honest.
Sadly, this is true.
We all get screwed because people take advantage of the system. This is why the lawyer is the only option to get what you deserve these days.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
I really doubt if people were honest, ICBC would still be trying to screw us over.
They are a business, businesses thrive on profits. When they can squeeze every penny from you, they will.

Yes scammers are likely raising our premiums but I doubt it's substantial.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
anyone who is under 25 male should never bitch about ICBC because they are more than fair compared to private insurance.

Private insurance claims are worse as well. Your insurance company fighting their insurance company, etc
noclue is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #37

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Failed 4,505 Times in 971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
anyone who is under 25 male should never bitch about ICBC because they are more than fair compared to private insurance.

Private insurance claims are worse as well. Your insurance company fighting their insurance company, etc
I see many posts how ICBC isn't that bad and all that, but the fact is that BC is monopolized by ICBC and as far as I know BC is the only province in Canada, or even in North America that is monopolized by one insurance company.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I see many posts how ICBC isn't that bad and all that, but the fact is that BC is monopolized by ICBC and as far as I know BC is the only province in Canada, or even in North America that is monopolized by one insurance company.
saskatchewan, manitoba quebec I believe
noclue is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #39
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 20 Times in 17 Posts

So let me get this straight....a PLASTIC bumper damaged a STEEL tailgate? Unless the tailgate corner (where it meets the bumper) is curled out from the impact and the inside bumper that faces the tailgate is also damaged, I can see why they are denying that damage. Is the areas that I pointed out damaged in anyway?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
You can search all over the internet for body kits and JDM versions of cars, but you can't google search and see the list of districts with public auto insurance.

"This is probably a fact!"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
So let me get this straight....a PLASTIC bumper damaged a STEEL tailgate? Unless the tailgate corner (where it meets the bumper) is curled out from the impact and the inside bumper that faces the tailgate is also damaged, I can see why they are denying that damage. Is the areas that I pointed out damaged in anyway?
I know this thread is dead but I just wanted to let you all know what ended up happening. Pretty much what 6thgear said is the side that ICBC took. If the Damage isn't blatantly obvious it must have been there before(thanks to everyone who has screwed over ICBC in the past)...

After 2 months of back and fourth emails and phone calls with ICBC I realized Id have better luck playing pick up sticks with my butt cheeks then getting ICBC to side with me..I just gave up on the claim as a whole. I bought a heatgun on sale at Canadian Tire for $29 and popped the stupid bumper back and bought some touch up paint for the hatch.

fuck icbc
pissedoffe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Failed 331 Times in 171 Posts
Hate to break it to you but i still don't see how the damage occurred during the accident- though i feel your pain on the whole "it occurred before hand BS".

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #43
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soooooo, the damage to the bumper was covered but the damage to the hatch wasn't and because ICBC didn't want to fix the damage to the hatch, you just gave up and fixed the bumper yourself??
dai3yuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #44
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dai3yuen View Post
Soooooo, the damage to the bumper was covered but the damage to the hatch wasn't and because ICBC didn't want to fix the damage to the hatch, you just gave up and fixed the bumper yourself??
I probably would have done the same thing, in fact I did do exactly that. Some lady hit me in my old car and it was just my plastic bumper that was bent in. I took the wheel off, pulled out the fender liner, heated the bumper from the inside then just pushed out the dent. Looks good as new. The accident was still the fault of the other individual, but there was almost no point in making a claim. This way I saved a bumper from going to the scappers for almost no reason, and I saved ICBC some money, and helped the lady who hit me. Win-Win-Win.

@OP sucks to see it happen, I feel your pain.

I hate it when people claim whiplash and shit when they get into fender benders, these cocksuckers are just milking the system. They end up costing every honest person more hassle, but hey maybe I am just in a bitter mood since someone smashed my fucking window they other day...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #45
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Hate to break it to you but i still don't see how the damage occurred during the accident- though i feel your pain on the whole "it occurred before hand BS".
If you saw the damage in person you would see how its possible. Essentialy the bumper folded all the way into the hatch. pictures dont really do it justice. But if you are judging on pictures alone(which you are) I could see how it would not make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai3yuen View Post
yes exactly. I knew I could fix the bumper no problem, it was the hatch which was the bigger problem. I felt bad claiming it for only the bumper especially because the other guy was elderly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I probably would have done the same thing, in fact I did do exactly that. Some lady hit me in my old car and it was just my plastic bumper that was bent in. I took the wheel off, pulled out the fender liner, heated the bumper from the inside then just pushed out the dent. Looks good as new. The accident was still the fault of the other individual, but there was almost no point in making a claim. This way I saved a bumper from going to the scappers for almost no reason, and I saved ICBC some money, and helped the lady who hit me. Win-Win-Win.

@OP sucks to see it happen, I feel your pain.

I hate it when people claim whiplash and shit when they get into fender benders, these cocksuckers are just milking the system. They end up costing every honest person more hassle, but hey maybe I am just in a bitter mood since someone smashed my fucking window they other day...
Ya honestly when I intially made the claim it never crossed my mind for a second that they would think the damage to the hatch was already there. I was really dumbfounded by it all, especially because my truck had no other damage at all. and the damage was literally an inch or two away from the main impact on the bumper...icbc is not even worth the headache to deal with in minor stuff like that. The money is secondary to the stress that ICBC can cause you giving you the run around...
pissedoffe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Failed 331 Times in 171 Posts
No complaining about a small dent they are claiming happened before! When my Jeep was totalled, they tried to tell me more than HALF of the damage i somehow caused before the accident. That added up to over $15,000 in damage they claimed i did. Thank god for a body shop that told them they are batshit insane for thinking that...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote