REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #26
ATL
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not thread jack or anything but I was wondering if any of you guys had taken the class 5 test in a car with an after market exhaust? Also +1 for the drop in as my friend had done this before and only had to wait about half an hour until someone no showed.
Advertisement
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #27
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,815 Times in 594 Posts
Failed 31 Times in 13 Posts
^ also curious
mine is next year and my car has no mufflers on it and it's lowered
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #28
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 97 Posts
I did the roadtest in my truck, and its pretty loud, and it was perfectly fine for the test (my pass/fail was another story) -- if you read the requirements for the vehicle you use for your roadtest, they're pretty lenient.

10 reasons a vehicle may be turned away
Typical safety defects or problems that can result in a cancelled road test include:

brake lights, signal lights or headlights not working or with badly cracked or missing lenses
cracked or illegally tinted windshield
horn not working
vehicle not properly licensed or insured
seatbelts not working or frayed
unsafe tires
doors or windows not operating
faulty exhaust
unsafe or illegal vehicle modifications
fuel guage on 'empty'

I assume anything you can get VI-ed for is grounds for cancelling your test before it even starts. The safe bet is to take a stock car. I've passed both times when I took my dad's boring stock car -- its also easier to maintain a slow speed in. If it matters to you guys, I took my class 5 recently in Chilliwack -- super chill examiner, started shooting the shit with him 5 mins into the test and passed w/ ease
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #29
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
It's actually 2 weeks to take your next exam, it should say on the bottom of your road test sheet, unless they put something else down. I failed on the 22nd of july due to some bastard with a truck running a stale red light. The only reason i could see him was because he was coming up hill and my examiner put me down for "dangerous actions" which is total bullshit cause i didn't even slam hard on the brakes..
skyline32 is offline   Reply With Quote