REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
I went with a Lexus isf. Different but miss the sporty feel
Posted via RS Mobile
ISF? and you said you're picking it up tonight?

shit.. I hope it isn't black and I hope you didn't buy it from a guy named Anthony or through a dealer named Concept Motors.... you might never pick it up
Advertisement

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Failed 291 Times in 102 Posts
I will admit your a bit of a victim here, but only a victim of circumstance. BMW can't be considered in the wrong unless they have violated the terms of the contract, broken laws, or demonstrated gross negligence.

I my M3 and will probably only buy BMW's in the future, I'm sorry about your experience, and if it happened to me, I would feel the same way you do.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsx042003 View Post
huh? you miss the sporty feel? My ISF sure feels more sporty than any SUV i've driven.
Pretty sure he meant he missed the sporty feel, thus he went with the isf despite being much different than the x5.
Acethriller is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 51 Posts
You mind as well post the vehicle VIN here if you are so concerned
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Failed 37 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazie_gsr View Post
I went with a Lexus isf. Different but miss the sporty feel
Posted via RS Mobile
great choice.

lexus reliability
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

Thanked 3,710 Times in 328 Posts
Failed 13 Times in 9 Posts
I hope BMW NA and BMW BJ will be able to help you out to the end, it just sounds like unfortunate case of bad luck with your particular X5 (especially going into limp mode during a left turn at a light, I can only imagine how fucked up that must've been)

Having been around these cars for a while now I just want to throw out some thing I've learned over the past few years, I believe that you should not soley blame BMW/BJBMW for all the problems you have gone through but think about the previous owner (who most likely leased the car and returned it) for them possibly abusing/neglecting the car during their lease/ownership.

Your X5's history could be anything from getting beaten the shit out of and driven hard and not maintaining it properly or just simply not being driven enough and living through sub 15 minute drives where it did not get up to full operating temperature and the battery/electrical system was drained due to not being able to recharge itself because of the short distances. This of course goes for any car too and not just BMWs, but because BMWs are not as low maintenance as Toyotas can be you have to treat them a little different as they love to get driven (and since its a V8 X5 its going to be more higher maintenance than say a 328i E90). During PDI we might get one bad apple out of up to 80/90 new cars that go through here, and this could possibly be a case as well where you got the inherit bad apple as well. Every car goes through the same checklist and process to become a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, and its past history of negligence and the internal damage done can surpass all of the fixes/reconditioning performed through CPO.

BMWs can be solid cars if driven/taken care of right but of course some things do break/not work due to all the tech and BMW does fuck up once in a while (High pressure fuel pump for the early 35i cars). Good luck to you, hopefully your new car gives you less headaches and more time to enjoy it
DEADBEA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 23 Times in 14 Posts
CPO is a bunch of bullshit i think. Got my Mercedes GLK and found out a few months later the rear seat belt would not even pull out and work. It was nothing I had done because no one had even used the middle seatbelt. The brakes were squealing like a train a few days after i got it too.

Fair enough I went back to get it fixed. Service advisor told me the brakes squeal sometimes, they can't do anything about it, Suggested I go down a big hill and ride the brakes and it will go away. Never worked. My fault for not going in right away regarding the brake issue since it had been a few months after I purchased it.

The seat belt they claimed they fixed it. I quickly checked it could pull out and it did. Few months later I have five people in my car and realize they installed the button part too low so only a person with a 3 inch waist can fit in the seatbelt.

I thought CPO meant it went through safety testing? Seatbelts are kind of important. And the technicians are incompetent if they can't even fix the seat belt! Now i have to go back again to get it fixed.

Last time they had the vehicle for almost a week to fix those things along with the rear liftgate and the vehicle came back with a few more scratches than it used to have. Its a different experience with Mercedes and BMW I'm finding. They keep the car for weeks to fix minor things. Miss my Infiniti
Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 67 Posts
Is OP picking up his ISF from a guy named Anthony?

Just looking out for you, brah.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Failed 23 Times in 14 Posts
OP good choice on the Lexus ISF. I regret not getting an IS 350 or something else. argh
Old 08-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,113 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 297 Times in 125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
The brakes were squealing like a train a few days after i got it too.

Fair enough I went back to get it fixed. Service advisor told me the brakes squeal sometimes, they can't do anything about it, Suggested I go down a big hill and ride the brakes and it will go away. Never worked. My fault for not going in right away regarding the brake issue since it had been a few months after I purchased it.

Last time they had the vehicle for almost a week to fix those things along with the rear liftgate and the vehicle came back with a few more scratches than it used to have. Its a different experience with Mercedes and BMW I'm finding. They keep the car for weeks to fix minor things. Miss my Infiniti
All regular GLK problems. They never fixed the tailgate issue despite the motor recall , it'll close regardless of head, hand, baby, watermelon, clothes.

Brake squealing can be fixed through cleaning the brake assembly. Take the wheel off, blast all the brake dust out. But the sound will come back regardless. If it is still on factory pads, consider changing them as newer oem ones have less dust.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #36
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 100 Times in 18 Posts
Claiming that by the vehicle going into limp mode and almost killing your family is a bit exaggerated...
Limp mode reduces power to the vehicle, it doesn't put you into a sudden halt.
I've gone into limp mode multiple times in the same conditions and was able to continuously drive just fine.
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #37
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 123 Posts
Don't trust BMW. Beyond my wealth.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #38
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
lots of good into and experiences shared. I did not pick up my isf from a git named Anthony.

and yes, I was referring missing the sporty feel when I was in the x5.

the previous owner had the car services annually as the idrive called for. He did have a couple of things cared for under warranty.
Posted via RS Mobile
crazie_gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Failed 106 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb.kidz View Post
Claiming that by the vehicle going into limp mode and almost killing your family is a bit exaggerated...
Limp mode reduces power to the vehicle, it doesn't put you into a sudden halt.
I've gone into limp mode multiple times in the same conditions and was able to continuously drive just fine.
Friggin limp mode

That happened right before my water pump died.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #40

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
when my water pump died, I didn't even get any error messages. The motor just sounded different and I brought it in.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #41
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
I got my 7 from BJ and I haven't had any issues with my car but it was a only a few months old. That been said, I've heard horror stories about some of the cars that end up at BJ. There's a guy over on the 7 forum that got a used f01 7 series from BJ, had his car for a few weeks and since last month it's sitting at BJ waiting for parts for a transmission malfunction. I have a friend who works at Autowest and he always jokes about how he takes off another $5000-$10000 if your trade in BMW was purchased from BJ.

I personally stay away from ex-lease returns and even demos, BMW's are complex and expensive to maintain and once your car has a gremlin it's basically a non stop headache. It's always good to get the full service report as well, it'll give you a good idea if the car was maintained properly or not. And it's a damn shame that Canada doesn't have lemon laws.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 PM   #42
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Failed 167 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
This is simply not true. Every time that a check engine light or any fault code at all goes on, it is stored in the DME. I had an intermittent issue with my 135 and my friend who is a tech at Brian Jessel had no problem seeing the code in the system despite the light no longer being on when I drove it in for the appointment.
I am with the op on this, every time when there's a problem with my bmw, Autowest BMW would not even look at it and wave me goodbye until I book an appointment and sit down properly with the service advisor.

I had my SMG gone in the middle of boundary road while truckers were right on my tail. I would not say my bmw wanna kill my family, but its scary.
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #43
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Did BJ provide you a history report on the car?

either way you may want to try and complain to the motor vehicle sales authority or camvap see if they can help you out

http://www.mvsabc.com/
CAMVAP - Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan

but if you've already accepted BJ's offer of remedy and moved on /shrug
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #44

Failed 1,191 Times in 212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post

shit.. I hope it isn't black and I hope you didn't buy it from a guy named Anthony or through a dealer named Concept Motors.... you might never pick it up
That joke died years ago..just give up

Last edited by dinamix; 08-23-2013 at 10:47 PM.
dinamix is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #45

Thanked 4,452 Times in 1,028 Posts
Failed 263 Times in 82 Posts
I don't know if this is BMW specific or anything, but my parents old Merc R Class limped and frequently stalled on intersections. It was at 80k kms or so.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #46
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 14 Posts
Glad the OP found something else that works for him. Having owned a few BMW and Mercedes, I've come to accept all the issues the OP was having as being very typical BMW problems. I've taken a bunch of them apart. Just by looking at the materials, design and location of parts, its easy to figure out that most of the cars are designed to wear out and fail at a predetermined time. It's part of the ownership experience. It's also one of the reasons why these cars have such poor resale.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #47

Failed 4 Times in 3 Posts
I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you wanted to, especially since I was the one who initiated this case with BMW Canada. I do want to say that this large 1 month payment that you received is very good from our experience.

I've mentioned this before but the amount that we've attained for you is a form of customer retention. BMW does not know that you were planning to sell the vehicle or the outcome would have been much less favorable to you. I understand your frustrations with this X5, but the requested compensation is way too high and just not possible. I understand the timing of the car going into limp mode put you and your family in danger, and I'm glad that you're alright. My previous 1996 318i went into limp mode on me one time as well.

At the dealership level, we've done everything we can to assist every time you come in. If I recall correctly, all of the repairs performed by us during your ownership were covered under Manufacturer/Certified Warranty. I feel that we really took great care of you anytime you encounter an issue with the car. Whenever you have a question or concern we're always on top of it. Mobility was always provided during your vehicle down time.

Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

PS: Nice choice with the ISF! Let see it one day.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #48
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 473 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post

its been what? 3+ years? and what happened to anthony? nth. what happened to drmike and putting him behind bars? nth. that thread failed to deliver big time
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #49

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan3 View Post
I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you wanted to, especially since I was the one who initiated this case with BMW Canada. I do want to say that this large 1 month payment that you received is very good from our experience.

I've mentioned this before but the amount that we've attained for you is a form of customer retention. BMW does not know that you were planning to sell the vehicle or the outcome would have been much less favorable to you. I understand your frustrations with this X5, but the requested compensation is way too high and just not possible. I understand the timing of the car going into limp mode put you and your family in danger, and I'm glad that you're alright. My previous 1996 318i went into limp mode on me one time as well.

At the dealership level, we've done everything we can to assist every time you come in. If I recall correctly, all of the repairs performed by us during your ownership were covered under Manufacturer/Certified Warranty. I feel that we really took great care of you anytime you encounter an issue with the car. Whenever you have a question or concern we're always on top of it. Mobility was always provided during your vehicle down time.

Hopefully you can see where I'm coming from.

PS: Nice choice with the ISF! Let see it one day.
Tim, you have been awesome help and are one of the only reasons why I continues going to bjbmw. Since you've stepped in, the bad experience has been a lot more pleasant at the dealership but I no longer had gripe with the dealership. It was just the car.

thanks for all your help and yes, I will bring the isf by soon
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #50

Failed 4 Times in 3 Posts
No problem at all! I'm mostly just a messenger, lots of people behind the scene contributed in providing the service and getting things done.

I wish the final outcome would be having you stay with the brand, but I totally understand your reason for the switch.

Pretty excited for you on the new car though. See you soon.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote