REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #51
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
Advertisement
xghgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:04 PM   #52
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,158 Times in 391 Posts
Failed 86 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Interestingly enough the only actual road course track day i've been to was ORP with Hooked On driving last year, there wasn't a tech inspection. They didn't even at the car only thing they cared about was the helmet carried the proper designation.

You were supposed to fill out a form before the date, and if I remember correctly as long as your car was a certain year and newer you didn't need a mechanic approved inspection. or it was at least along those lines.

Granted it's upsetting this course is exclusive, it's just as far to go to ridge etc. Variety is nice, but it's not like good facilities are not within reach.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:19 PM   #53
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Failed 331 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
You were supposed to fill out a form before the date, and if I remember correctly as long as your car was a certain year and newer you didn't need a mechanic approved inspection. or it was at least along those lines.

Granted it's upsetting this course is exclusive, it's just as far to go to ridge etc. Variety is nice, but it's not like good facilities are not within reach.
I remember the form, I had it in my glove box and was never asked for it. Was I supposed to give it to someone or was it for spot checks?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #54
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Failed 205 Times in 120 Posts
there is always the chance that with enough interest from the outside, and a potential for the 'membership' to decline after the first year or 2, they may change their business model.

just for fun say they open the course to 1 trackday per week from April-October, and get ~50 cars or bikes at $200/each, that is an extra 300k.

it's hard to argue money regardless of how exclusive you want to be.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:30 PM   #55

a few people have posted questions on their facebook page and they are dodging the questions
Old 01-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #56
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,158 Times in 391 Posts
Failed 86 Times in 38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
I remember the form, I had it in my glove box and was never asked for it. Was I supposed to give it to someone or was it for spot checks?
I thinks we were supposed to give it during sign in. Maybe not. I don't remember.

Any how, one day hopefully. Would make for a great weekend, golf, hot temps, and a track day.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #57
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,580 Times in 2,658 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
there is always the chance that with enough interest from the outside, and a potential for the 'membership' to decline after the first year or 2, they may change their business model.

just for fun say they open the course to 1 trackday per week from April-October, and get ~50 cars or bikes at $200/each, that is an extra 300k.

it's hard to argue money regardless of how exclusive you want to be.
The problem with opening the facility up to non-members is, certain paid members would get pissed off, and understandably so. Heck, the paying member is paying big bucks because he wants the exclusivity. And now you open the facilities up to some random yahoos?

If the paying members get pissed off and quit, the facility would be fxxked as well.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:00 AM   #58

The track is saying the paying members get "15 days per month" including 2 weekends.

That leaves lots of potential for empty track time.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #59
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Failed 533 Times in 187 Posts
Any sort of business can't afford downtime. They will find ways to fill in the downtime.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Jacques Villeneuve designs race track near Osoyoos - British Columbia - CBC News

Quote:
Canadian Formula One racing legend Jacques Villeneuve is in the South Okanagan to finalize the design of a race track near Osoyoos.

CBC reporter Brady Strachan tweets from the scene as Jacques Villeneuve arrives in B.C.

The project is a joint venture between the Area 27 Motorsports Country Club and the Osoyoos Indian Band.

Area 27 motosports track designed by Jacques Villeneuve
An overview of the Jacques Villeneuve track a local motorsports club and First Nation is trying to build near Osoyoos, B.C. (Area 27 Motorsports Country Club)

Villeneuve says the area is a good fit for a track and the weather is also reliable.

"That allows the use of a race track for many, many months of the year and it is needed," he said. "There are a lot of people with nice cars that want to drive on good tracks that have to go down to the states."

Today Villeneuve is touring the site of the future race track with investors and members of Area 27. The plan is to build a racetrack and a country club so people with high-end sports cars can push their vehicles to the limit.

"The design of the track; we also try to make it exciting and fun to drive. There is a very natural feel to the land and the track that just follows the land basically," said Villeneuve.

Area 27 Motorsports Country Club proposed race track
The plans for a new motorsports race track designed by racing legend Jacques Villeneuve near Osoyoos, B.C. (Area 27 Motorsports Country Club)

The project is awaiting final permits. Organizers want to begin building the track this spring in hopes that drivers can begin driving it next year.

Jacques Villeneuve joined motorsports' elite after winning the 1995 CART championship, the 1995 Indianapolis 500 and the 1997 Formula One World Championship.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote