REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #26
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,469 Times in 2,027 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
So the damage was inspected a month after the hit? That gives the owner of the truck plenty of time to spill some milk and leave the truck parked outside. Unfortunately, you can't physically prove when the milk was dumped. I mean who the hell gives an open container of milk to a child in the backseat?

If this were in her place, I'd be shocked too and being the cynical fuck I am, I'd be assuming shenanigans on the part of the truck owner who would probably use this to get another vehicle.

I guess if the beverage was hot and it spilled on the kid's face, then the woman could be held liable for that too I assume?

Even though her premium increase is minimal, you can't help but question the ethics and principle behind this but again, how can you disapprove what was claimed?

Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 59 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

Enough.

My mom in Nova Scotia the year before moving here paid a bit less than $500 a year for car insurance. My father used to call up the insurance place and say, "I'm using the show car today, can you transfer the insurance from the truck?" I think we had storage insurance on everything, and rotated the driving insurance around on the cars we wanted to use on that day, based on not having licensed drivers in the house that could use the other cars. You know, a practical, logical system, made available through the use of computers and private insurance companies that catered to people of different needs.

Yes my friends, you can't really work there, and apparently you can't afford to have the lights on, but it IS the car insurance promised land. I mean, that was all 20 years ago, so its probably fucked up too.
i think it's still the same in NS, I liked how easy it was to have one policy on multiple cars, i remember it was only 600 bucks to add one more car to the policy in my case. Not like the bullshit one car one policy thing here in BC
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 3 Times in 1 Post
the driver of the truck was passing an open glass of milk to his child in the back seat while driving through an intersection?

if this is true the truck drivers rates should also be going up or he spelt the milk at a later date and is lying about the whole thing in which case he should prosecuted for insurance fraud

either way the truck driver should also be responsible, he won't be, but in a perfect world i think he should be
coolname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #29
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolname View Post
the driver of the truck was passing an open glass of milk to his child in the back seat while driving through an intersection?

if this is true the truck drivers rates should also be going up or he spelt the milk at a later date and is lying about the whole thing in which case he should prosecuted for insurance fraud
nope.
Quote:
an occupant of the truck Chapman bumped had been passing an open container of milk to a child in the back seat when it was hit from behind.