REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #51
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Failed 137 Times in 56 Posts
lol no its not me, i was at work so i did not attend.
Advertisement
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #52
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Also worth mentioning, this week was put together by a friend of mine in 1 weeks time. He organized it, got media involved, brought out all the exotics to the event and organized the donations.

I think its time RevScene and him start working together. If he can put together something like this in 1 week why is it that this kind of thing is not being done with the yearly Summer meet??
Blitzgear does their meet stuff, I think if they worked with the other guy it might put strain on the working relationship they have =/
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #53
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
I think its time RevScene and him start working together. If he can put together something like this in 1 week why is it that this kind of thing is not being done with the yearly Summer meet??
Because unlike an impromptu meet, our meets actually have things like insurance, proper clearance to use the lots for the day, equipment rentals, etc., etc., etc...

Trust me, if these meets could be put together as easily as you think they are, !SG would be a far happier person.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Also worth mentioning, this week was put together by a friend of mine in 1 weeks time. He organized it, got media involved, brought out all the exotics to the event and organized the donations.

The actual proceeds went to Red Cross not ROWW. Total amount was about 2300 raised in total. Me and Lorenzo combined the proceeds that they raised as well as the funds from the decals together in one lump sum. This amount will be donated in the name of WCCE & N-Motion.

I kept the $400 (which was the cost of printing the stickers I sold), but I am going to be donating that as well. I only kept it back from the lump sum because I want to donate my portion separately for tax reasons.

So in total the event raised $2700, once doubled by the government the total becomes over $5000!

I am going to be talking more openly with WCCE and all the guys on that side of things to promote their events more openly on all the forums I am a part of. As in the past that has been the missing link, the events have not been as advertised on actual community forums so members always missed out or found out too late.

We'll see what comes of it over the coming year.

EDIT: To make that more clear that does not mean these are going to be official RS events by any means. As I certainly am no representative of RS, but I do have some presence online on a few forums. So hopefully that means these meets garner more attention from a wider audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Because unlike an impromptu meet, our meets actually have things like insurance, proper clearance to use the lots for the day, equipment rentals, etc., etc., etc...

Trust me, if these meets could be put together as easily as you think they are, !SG would be a far happier person.
Not even a little credit, where credit is due? This meet turned out amazing for how impromptu it was and how it exploded beyond anyones imagination. I think all Boosted meant was that if an impromptu meet can gather this many people in the dead of winter, maybe WCCE is doing something right, and maybe a little collaboration between WCCE and RS can bring more attention to the RS spring & summer meets.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread

Last edited by meme405; 12-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #55
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Failed 331 Times in 171 Posts
LOOOL your sig quote is EPIC!

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Failed 72 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
The actual proceeds went to Red Cross not ROWW. Total amount was about 2300 raised in total. Me and Lorenzo combined the proceeds that they raised as well as the funds from the decals together in one lump sum. This amount will be donated in the name of WCCE & N-Motion.

I kept the $400 (which was the cost of printing the stickers I sold), but I am going to be donating that as well. I only kept it back from the lump sum because I want to donate my portion separately for tax reasons.

So in total the event raised $2700, once doubled by the government the total becomes over $5000!

I am going to be talking more openly with WCCE and all the guys on that side of things to promote their events more openly on all the forums I am a part of. As in the past that has been the missing link, the events have not been as advertised on actual community forums so members always missed out or found out too late.

We'll see what comes of it over the coming year.

EDIT: To make that more clear that does not mean these are going to be official RS events by any means. As I certainly am no representative of RS, but I do have some presence online on a few forums. So hopefully that means these meets garner more attention from a wider audience.

Not even a little credit, where credit is due? This meet turned out amazing for how impromptu it was and how it exploded beyond anyones imagination. I think all Boosted meant was that if an impromptu meet can gather this many people in the dead of winter, maybe WCCE is doing something right, and maybe a little collaboration between WCCE and RS can bring more attention to the RS spring & summer meets.
This man has a hammer, because he nailed it!
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

What I was more referring to is the donations, having a meet for another reason than to just get together.

Take donations, make the meet about something MORE than just the cars.
I'm full aware of what it takes to put together a meet like the ones RS puts on every year...much more so than you or anyone on RS knows but thats beside the point.
I think its time we step up and start giving back in some way. It would help the reputation of the car community in Vancouver if we were known for doing things like this.

WCCE did an AMAZING job!
Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #58
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 40 Times in 8 Posts
Wow you guys totally took this to another level

This had nothing to do with the meet all I was saying was a bunch of idiots that came on the highway after they left the meet and drove stupidly

Being at the meet and the driving afterwards is 2 different things

I'm gonna close this thread because this turning into fight club
bomboi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #59
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,188 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 97 Times in 30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomboi1 View Post
I understand today is the Paul Walker tribute drive but please don't be stupid and street race on highway 99 and causing an accident in tribute to Paul Walker.

its supposed to be a cruise to pay tribute to him its not a race to join him in heaven with the car gods

End rant

Quote:
Wow you guys totally took this to another level

This had nothing to do with the meet all I was saying was a bunch of idiots that came on the highway after they left the meet and drove stupidly

Being at the meet and the driving afterwards is 2 different things
Say whut.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
Say whut.
I guess u don't understand english

People are fight in here about the meet

And I'm talking about the dumbasses after they left the meet

Since you were the one taking the pic I would think you be smarter and realize that
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #61
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Quote:
What I was more referring to is the donations, having a meet for another reason than to just get together.

Take donations, make the meet about something MORE than just the cars.
I'm full aware of what it takes to put together a meet like the ones RS puts on every year...much more so than you or anyone on RS knows but thats beside the point.
I think its time we step up and start giving back in some way. It would help the reputation of the car community in Vancouver if we were known for doing things like this.

WCCE did an AMAZING job!
For the record, I wasn't trying to take credit away from this meet. If I was still living in town, I would have been right there in the thick of the crowd. And my comment wasn't intended as an attack or any such thing; I've just merely read a lot of comments that seem to go along a similar vein on RS about how "easy" it is to put together a meet, when most of these people don't really understand what's needed to make it run smoothly and, most importantly, legally... so my back naturally gets up a little bit when I still see certain comments being made. It wasn't a personal attack by any means, but if that's how it was taken, then my apologies.

And by the by, RS does actually do meets for reasons other than simply having a car meet:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67311...ne-marine.html

That meet actually made international news, interestingly.

Just sayin'.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #62

Quote:

People are fight in here about the meet

Quote:
And I'm talking about the dumbasses after they left the meet

Since you were the one taking the pic I would think you be smarter and realize that
What I realize is that there's too much stuff you have to consider before accusing someone of being "dumbasses" and "Street racing"

Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post

What I realize is that there's too much stuff you have to consider before accusing someone of being "dumbasses" and "Street racing"

It's no wonder I don't post here anymore
I guess I have to get my eyes checked because clearly I couldn't see what was happening in front of me but I guess my hand eye co ordination was good enough that I could stop in time
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #64
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Failed 331 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:

People are fight in here about the meet (punctuation needed)

And I'm talking about the dumbasses after they left the meet (punctuation needed)

Since you were the one taking the pic (punctuation needed) I would think you (word missing) be smarter and realize that (punctuation needed)
OHHHHHHHH the irony...

Look at your grammar/spelling errors. I have underlined them for your viewing pleasure. Who's butchering/can't understand English now?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #65

Quote:
It's no wonder I don't post here anymore
I guess I have to get my eyes checked because clearly I couldn't see what was happening in front of me but I guess my hand eye co ordination was good enough that I could stop in time
What exactly did you see then? Apart from calling them dumbasses, idiots, and accusing them of street racing, not once did you actually describe the accident. Were you RIGHT behind them? Were you a few cars away? How about you tell us exactly what you saw.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #66
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
Yeah. Let's just ignore everything that RS does for the community.

- Free Forum/classifieds
- Free Registered, and insured meets Biannually. 13(+) years and counting.
- Year round Food/clothing drives
- Etc Etc.

I'm barely scratching the surface here.

Btw. If anybody has Marketing/Advertising ideas, please direct it to advertise@revscene.net/Blitzgear. We don't tolerate spam. Otherwise, stop downplaying what RS has done for the everybody.

The views and ideas expressed are my own, and do not represent the policy or opinion of Revscene Owner/Admin/Mod team.

But I think we get my point.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Yeah. Let's just ignore everything that RS does for the community.

- Free Forum/classifieds
- Free Registered, and insured meets Biannually. 13(+) years and counting.
- Year round Food/clothing drives
- Etc Etc.

I'm barely scratching the surface here.

Btw. If anybody has Marketing/Advertising ideas, please direct it to advertise@revscene.net/Blitzgear. We don't tolerate spam. Otherwise, stop downplaying what RS has done for the everybody.

The views and ideas expressed are my own, and do not represent the policy or opinion of Revscene Owner/Admin/Mod team.

But I think we get my point.
First off, glad to hear your opinions are not those of the owner/admin/mod staff of RevScene.

Secondly, the "downplaying" you are referring to is in fact "marketing/advertising ideas" that you speak of. So rather than get all butt hurt over it, why not take the comments and make something of it.

Idea #1, take donations at the meets, make it about something more than just the cars.

Idea #2, get off your high horse, there is ALWAYS room for improvement. If you cant take the criticism/comments/suggestions then perhaps you are in the wrong spot.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion, however it is shared by MANY members of RS and other local forums.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #68
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,535 Times in 536 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 8 Posts
The feedback is appreciated. However, the notion that RS meets are only car centric is incorrect.

We've had a booth at every meet for the past 13 years collecting food, money and clothing for various organizations. As well, we have hosted many donation drives. Many of the clubs that have supported our meets over the years can vouch for this and have contributed greatly. I'm sure even the Vancouver Food Bank has data for how many lbs of food and how many thousands of dollars we have collected for them through our events and meets over the years.

The very first RS meet was actually a toy drive back in December 2000 . Our staffers have not only volunteered their time over the years but they have also braved extreme heat and cold collecting donations. Our “RS Cares” Division has done outstanding work for the community over the years and I honestly believe that they don’t get the credit they deserve.

WCCE did an outstanding job hosting the meet with such short notice. Could there be a collaboration in the future? Maybe? Just understand that we do our meets differently but we have always collected donations for various causes.

Just a reminder that on December 15th, Saucywoman (Vancouver Lifestyles section Head Mod) will be hosting a Clothing and Food Drive in collaboration with a Revscene sposnor SoundsGood Audio. The details can be found here,
https://www.facebook.com/events/1789...ilter=upcoming
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69092...ml#post8375946

I expect to see the many people who feel that we don't do enough at this event with their donations.

Rb
Revscene Admin
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
The feedback is appreciated. However, the notion that RS meets are only car centric is incorrect.

We've had a booth at every meet for the past 13 years collecting food, money and clothing for various organizations. As well, we have hosted many donation drives. Many of the clubs that have supported our meets over the years can vouch for this and have contributed greatly. I'm sure even the Vancouver Food Bank has data for how many lbs of food and how many thousands of dollars we have collected for them through our events and meets over the years.

The very first RS meet was actually a toy drive back in December 2000 . Our staffers have not only volunteered their time over the years but they have also braved extreme heat and cold collecting donations. Our “RS Cares” Divisions has done outstanding work for the community over the years and I honestly believe they don’t get the credit they deserve.

WCCE did an outstanding job hosting the meet with such short notice. Could there be a collaboration in the future? Maybe? Just understand that we do our meets differently but we have always collected donations for various causes.

Just a reminder that on December 15th, Saucywoman (Vancouver Lifestyles section Head Mod) will be hosting a Clothing and Food Drive in collaboration with a Revscene sposnor SoundsGood Audio. The details can be found here,
https://www.facebook.com/events/1789...ilter=upcoming
http://www.revscene.net/forums/69092...ml#post8375946

I expected to see the many people who feel that we don't do enough at this event with their donations.

Rb
Revscene Admin
Why is this not made more public? With RS putting on things like this why is it not advertised as much. Seems like FB is a great way to do that these days.

As for coming, sadly I wont be there, have my second daughter expected right around that date. However, if it is a good cause I am always up for making a financial donation to the cause. Paypal?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #70
2 Wheelin' Mod

Failed 18 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Why is this not made more public? With RS putting on things like this why is it not advertised as much. Seems like FB is a great way to do that these days.

As for coming, sadly I wont be there, have my second daughter expected right around that date. However, if it is a good cause I am always up for making a financial donation to the cause. Paypal?
I think the problem is most people don't care about these other things. Paul Walker was a big part of the car community so its easier to get people to come out and show their appreciation for him.

also the way you said it is what is getting on peoples nerves I don't think anyone that helps set up these meets has a problem with taking advice or listening to others ideas

Quote:

Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
I think the problem is most people don't care about these other things. Paul Walker was a big part of the car community so its easier to get people to come out and show their appreciation for him.

also the way you said it is what is getting on peoples nerves I don't think anyone that helps set up these meets has a problem with taking advice or listening to others ideas
Thats sad to hear that people don't care. Personally I do what I can wherever I can but in a way I guess I understand that.

I never intended to offend anyone, was simply suggesting that RS team up with these guys and make it a huge thing. Sorry for the misunderstanding folks.

As for setting up the meets, if help is every needed I'm more than happy to do my part!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #72
2 Wheelin' Mod

Failed 18 Times in 10 Posts
There is a volunteer section on revscene but it doesn't get posted in to often

Volunteer Sector - Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #73
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 231 Times in 43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
This is exactly why my group left early to eat, before taking our own route to Spanish Banks.

It was annoying enough trying to keep 3 cars together in that traffic. 3+? not even gonna bother.

Anybody else see that white 350Z spin out trying to drift out of the Spanish Banks lot? He was like an inch away from biffing it on the curb.
Posted via RS Mobile
the convertible ?

Last edited by dee242; 12-09-2013 at 10:30 PM.
dee242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #74
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:

There's a whole section dedicated to meets. In the "Clothing Drive" thread, there's and Facebook link.

Vancouver REVscene Social Meets - Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #75
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Why was this thread closed then re-opened?

Either way, I have witnessed the good in RS in the past, and it is disappointing that more people do not participate. The truth is though that financially it can be difficult sometimes. The Paul Walker meet ended costing me a good deal of money, but it was worth it for me as it brought a lot of people together, and everyone had a good time. In the end I could have recovered my investment instead I chose to donate all the money. (I will hopefully recover some, because I made a portion of the donation in my own name for tax benefits).

My belief in this thread was not for RS to become more of a charity organization but to simply grow. I mean if we can get 500 cars out to a random lot in richmond in december I think we can achieve a much bigger number for some of our summer meets.

If you look at the event page for the meet there is 1500 people confirmed going. When you look at the RS FB page (which coincidentally I only realized existed today), that entire group only has about 1000 people. Where along the line did we manage to lose this many enthusiasts?

All I want to do is bring all these people together. I have been going through this over and over in my head, I know RS is a piece to this puzzle but I don't know how to fit the other pieces together yet. Needless to say this is going to be an ongoing effort and I am going to try and make something out of all this, because Saturday proved to me how outstanding our car community can become.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: