REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #126
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
dont worry, i take it all personally.

sucks the thread didnt go in your favor.

Weather your using the thread as leverage or not was your intent, thats how i read the original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
With all due to respect, my car is not lowered.

Like I said, telling the people the price tag of the lip kit was probably not the smartest thing I did.

As for blaming RS, well... Don't take it personal because I'm not the one who initiates the insults. I tried my best reasoning and explaining myself why I was here.

Am I using this site as leverage? Not really, I posted this here to warn people of what happened in my personal experience. I did not use this website to persuade the dealer into doing anything.

I had my video and image links I sent to them instead.
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #127
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
you aint a new member if you registered back in 07.

and when one of your first ever active posts is to "warn others" but turns sour... then as any member would, i would question the intent and added information to the "community"

that isnt a really clear answer to my question. i believe you guys would treat all each other equally disregarding the inactivity of a new or old member. ive searched thru his posts, and starting from last year he made an effort to join meets and showed up to every meet with the ft86club. Its okay to voice your own opinions but dont be so toxic about it (ex "vagina breathe") where it changes people's opinions about our community. i am giving the op the benefit of the doubt since he did post while he was in an unsettled mood. re-reading his first post, it may sound like he wanted compensation however, clearly after the the 2nd post, it has been voiced many times that it wasnt what he is after rather just the lack of service and care the service manager showed. please dont just jump into conclusions and assume hes trying to use us as leverage, cause people could do the same and assume revscene is filled with trolls after reading a few irrelevant or toxic post in a random thread.

Last edited by i-vtecyo; 01-18-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #128
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

then re read my posts, as you quoted the wrong person.

like i stated, i dont know the OP, nor his car. i read the first post, and my post was in a response to it.

so now that you dont agree with my post as you see it as being toxic?

my statement stays in that, modding you car comes with the territory that its not gonna stay perfect. even if its a lip kit. it lowers the body panels of the car without lowering the suspension. its gonna get scratched.

if you lower your car, your alignment is not gonna be oem anymore, new found squeaks and rattles will happen.
if you install an aftermarket sound system, your gonna hear rattles if you turn it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
that isnt a really clear answer to my question. i believe you guys would treat all each other equally disregarding the inactivity of a new or old member. ive searched thru his posts, and starting from last year he made an effort to join meets and showed up to every meet with the ft86club. Its okay to voice your own opinions but dont be so toxic about it (ex "vagina breathe") where it changes people's opinions about our community. i am giving the op the benefit of the doubt since he did post while he was in an unsettled mood. re-reading his first post, it may sound like he wanted compensation however, clearly after the the 2nd post, it has been voiced many times that it wasnt what he is after rather just the lack of service and care the service manager showed. please dont just jump into conclusions and assume hes trying to use us as leverage, cause people could do the same and assume revscene is filled with trolls.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #129
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

ok i retract my statement of the $2000 lip kit part.

finding out its one of those OEM jdm kits means this.

$2000
- taxes
- shipping
- duty (from japan)
+ the fact its OEM.
+ rarity

= understandable at cost of lip kit

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #130
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 5 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
Yeah what the fuck? It's under the car and nobody will ever see this cosmetic damage. It's a part of owning a lowered car, what a dumb ass.
read the thread properly before shitting on people's thread
Old 01-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #131
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 74 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
then re read my posts, as you quoted the wrong person.

like i stated, i dont know the OP, nor his car. i read the first post, and my post was in a response to it.

so now that you dont agree with my post as you see it as being toxic?

my statement stays in that, modding you car comes with the territory that its not gonna stay perfect. even if its a lip kit. it lowers the body panels of the car without lowering the suspension. its gonna get scratched.

if you lower your car, your alignment is not gonna be oem anymore, new found squeaks and rattles will happen.
if you install an aftermarket sound system, your gonna hear rattles if you turn it up.
sry, didnt mean to direct that all on u. its for meme and grim as well.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #132
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 12 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
dont worry, i take it all personally.

sucks the thread didnt go in your favor.

Weather your using the thread as leverage or not was your intent, thats how i read the original post.
I know my initial post wasn't very well written out and I truly apologize for the confusion.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #133
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,763 Times in 2,315 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i-vtecyo View Post
sry, didnt mean to direct that all on u. its for meme and grim as well.
I didn't call him vagina breath. I see no reason that I should be included in this...

The OP changed his post multiple times including after 2 days of it being up. So for all I know his original intent was to make a case for himself.

As stated before if we had all agreed with the OP and said bad things about the dealership for what they did, I have no doubt in my mind OP would have taken this farther and tried to get something out of the dealership.

Thats my opinion on the matter, but seeing as how he decided to quote the price and the simple way he words things and his demeanor at the beginning that is my impression of the OP.

@OP, you are entitled to an apology from the dealership, I stated that almost 4 pages ago, nobody should leave their car at a shop and have it leave damaged, but w/e you didn't get one. Is consolation form RS really going to make that better? No. So again why did you make this thread?

It certainly was not about warning the RS community about Don Docksteader as you rarely post here so why would you all of a sudden start giving a shit about us?

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
Old 01-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
I didn't call him vagina breath. I see no reason that I should be included in this...

The OP changed his post multiple times including after 2 days of it being up. So for all I know his original intent was to make a case for himself.

As stated before if we had all agreed with the OP and said bad things about the dealership for what they did, I have no doubt in my mind OP would have taken this farther and tried to get something out of the dealership.

Thats my opinion on the matter, but seeing as how he decided to quote the price and the simple way he words things and his demeanor at the beginning that is my impression of the OP.

@OP, you are entitled to an apology from the dealership, I stated that almost 4 pages ago, nobody should leave their car at a shop and have it leave damaged, but w/e you didn't get one. Is consolation form RS really going to make that better? No. So again why did you make this thread?

It certainly was not about warning the RS community about Don Docksteader as you rarely post here so why would you all of a sudden start giving a shit about us?
As stated, problem has already been resolved; and it was through private e-mail back and forth. Just because I barely post on RS does not mean I don't participate by reading and lurking the forums.

I posted this here for you folks to know of my bad experience so you won't make the same mistake I made. I know I could have worded my words differently to avoid all this but it really was for a good intention (It was also a rant/venting). I did not mention ANY of this about me posting it on the forums and whatnot to the dealer or Subaru Canada. I did NOT threaten them in anyway. I just stated my facts and sent them direct links to my videos and attached photos.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
As stated, problem has already been resolved; and it was through private e-mail back and forth. Just because I barely post on RS does not mean I don't participate by reading and lurking the forums.

I posted this here for you folks to know of my bad experience so you won't make the same mistake I made. I know I could have worded my words differently to avoid all this but it really was for a good intention (It was also a rant/venting). I did not mention ANY of this about me posting it on the forums and whatnot to the dealer or Subaru Canada. I did NOT threaten them in anyway. I just stated my facts and sent them direct links to my videos and attached photos.
Alright, if that was genuinely your intention then that's cool.

What was the resolution?

Spoiler!

This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Alright, if that was genuinely your intention then that's cool.

What was the resolution?

Spoiler!
They have offered to fix the lip for me, but I may just ask for a formal apology from the Service Manager instead...

I just wanted to make sure they understand the value of a customer. I am more happy that they acknowledged the problem and offered a solution.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #137

Called it.

Closed Thread