REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #626
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
but chris harris can now write off all those tires he's going to burn up on the BBC expense account... win!
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #627
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,003 Posts
Failed 267 Times in 76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
Now he'll have access to a proper budget and better accessibility.

Rich
all under control of bbc though, I wonder how much they'll water him down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #628
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 97 Times in 14 Posts
oh boy, i wonder if it'll turn out into a "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation
[02-07, 18:27] Jasonturbo: Fuckin RS, full of broke ass surrians, you guys are such downers

[07-07, 23:21] Inaii: I had some really shitty chinese tires on my fb... thing squealed like a chick getting fucked up the ass for the first time every time

[10-01, 23:38] jinxcrusader: should've stuck with stubbz in the back
Mr.Stubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #629
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 154 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
all under control of bbc though, I wonder how much they'll water him down?
They really didn't seem to water down TG much did they? Maybe I'm being optimistic but if they just give him a crew/budget/bbc press pass, we could see amazing content from him.

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #630
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
To be honest, I had never heard of Rory Reid before yesterday. However, after going through some of the reviews he's done online, I'm pleasantly optimistic. They're definitely raw and very low budget, but you can see the enthusiasm hiding behind it all. He reminds me a little bit of Chris Harris, just with a slightly more focus on entertainment rather than pure facts and adrenaline.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:00 AM   #631
Witness protection

from facebook

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #632
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
And how is this different from TG USA or TG Australia or any other international version of TG? Even with TG branding all these international shows failed because the original members weren't in the shows. I bet anything this show and cast won't last for long.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2016, 12:20 PM   #633
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 74 Times in 12 Posts
This may very well be Chris Harris's long awaited fat pay-cheque after bouncing around from one show to another on YouTube
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #634
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,760 Times in 2,314 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
And how is this different from TG USA or TG Australia or any other international version of TG? Even with TG branding all these international shows failed because the original members weren't in the shows. I bet anything this show and cast won't last for long.
Exactly.

TG USA and Australia were definite proof that the original had something that simply couldn't be replicated, and that something was to do with the three chaps presenting the show.

BBC fucked up, and now they get to learn a valuable lesson.

I just hope once TG dies JC/Amazon does something or manages to buy the rights or whatever in order to get the stig somehow back with the trio.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #635
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
To be fair, the BBC didn't fuck up. Clarkson was given multiple warnings over the past years and, considering it's a publicly funded system, I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. If it was privately funded like HBO, there might have been more leeway.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2016, 08:50 PM   #636
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,752 Times in 1,725 Posts
Failed 85 Times in 63 Posts
Not sure if you guys would be interested found a youtube channel with a bunch of unseen clips from top gear.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYY...8VA0LNBnI813SA
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2016, 01:12 AM   #637
I am on the internets

Failed 129 Times in 31 Posts
omg thats gold!!!
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:08 AM   #638
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
JC officially apologies to the Producer, and pays £100k+ jointly with the BBC

Jeremy Clarkson apologises to Top Gear producer Oisin Tymon - BBC News

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson has apologised to the Top Gear producer he punched after settling a £100,000 racial discrimination and injury claim.

Oisin Tymon launched the action against the presenter and the BBC after a "fracas" last March that left Mr Tymon with a bloody lip.

"I would like to say sorry, once again, to Oisin Tymon for the incident and its regrettable aftermath," Clarkson said.

"I want to reiterate that none of this was in any way his fault.

"I would also like to make it clear that the abuse he has suffered since the incident is unwarranted and I am sorry too that he has had to go through that.

"I am pleased that this matter is now resolved. Oisin was always a creatively exciting part of Top Gear and I wish him every success with his future projects."

Mr Tymon's lawyers said the case had been settled but did not give details of the settlement.

It is understood to be in excess of £100,000, an amount to which both Clarkson and the BBC contributed.

The "fracas" took place at a North Yorkshire hotel after Clarkson was told there was no hot food available at the end of a day's shooting on location.

An internal BBC inquiry found Mr Tymon was subjected to an "unprovoked physical and verbal attack" by Clarkson, who called the producer "lazy" and "Irish" and used a four-letter expletive in the exchange.

At the time of the attack, Mr Tymon told police he did not wish to press charges. In the days following he was the subject of sustained abuse on social media for his involvement in the dispute.

Clarkson, 55, was dropped by the BBC after the incident, with his Top Gear co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond also leaving the corporation.

"The action involving Mr Tymon has been concluded," said Mr Tymon's lawyer, Paul Daniels.

"Oisin is keen to put the matter behind him now that it has been brought to a close. Oisin greatly appreciates all of the support he has received, including from the BBC."

"We are pleased that matters have now been resolved," said the BBC in a statement.

"Oisin is a valued member of the BBC who behaved with huge integrity in dealing with the very difficult circumstances last year - a situation in which, as Tony Hall has stated, he was completely blameless.

"Oisin has made an important contribution to the BBC in his 12 years with us, and we hope to see him continue to realise his potential in his role as a development executive.

"We believe Oisin has a very exciting future at the BBC."

Clarkson, May and Hammond have since signed up to launch a rival motoring show on Amazon's streaming TV service.

Chris Evans is currently filming a new series of Top Gear with a new line-up of presenters that includes Matt LeBlanc and Eddie Jordan.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #639
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,804 Times in 365 Posts
Failed 19 Times in 8 Posts
Racial Discrimination lol, people need to grow up these days.

My feeling about the new program is that it is going to have amazing car footage but it's going to loose the comedy factor that made the last era of Top Gear so good.
richardmozis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #640
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Matt LeBlanc and Ken Block crash a wedding in 854 HP Mustang.

Top Gear's Matt LeBlanc gatecrashes London wedding - BBC News
Old 03-30-2016, 08:17 AM   #641
Witness protection

Old 03-31-2016, 04:27 AM   #642
Witness protection

Old 03-31-2016, 08:37 AM   #643
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Failed 282 Times in 75 Posts
i dunno about the new top gear..it just doesnt seem right without the original cast
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:09 PM   #644
Witness protection

James May: ?We are not in a race with Chris Evans? Top Gear? | Media | The Guardian

Quote:
It feels appropriate that James May’s new BBC4 show should be about putting things back together after they have been taken apart. The BBC is doing something similar with Top Gear after Jeremy Clarkson’s axing last year, while May, Clarkson and co-presenter Richard Hammond will front a new motoring show on Amazon Prime.

May’s BBC4 show, The Reassembler, in which he puts back together a lawn mower, an electric guitar and a telephone, is likely to be his last hurrah for the BBC given the scale of his commitment to Amazon.

“The Amazon thing is going to be very complicated and it takes up a huge amount of time,” says May. The trio and executive producer Andy Wilman signed a three-year deal with the on-demand broadcaster last year worth a reputed £160m, with Clarkson on £10m a series, Hammond and May on £7m each. May says the numbers are “all bollocks. The figures aren’t right and anyway they don’t give us a great big bag of money and say, ‘here’s your money go off and spend it’. They give it to us bits at a time.

“It is massively expensive what we are doing, for reasons that I hope will become apparent when you see it. We are doing it over three years and there are going to be 30-plus long episodes. So no, we haven’t all been out and bought a yacht. I’ve got a new pair of trainers, that’s the only difference in my life since I started working for Amazon.”

That and the tan, thanks to May and his fellow presenters filming in the Caribbean and north Africa for the as yet untitled Amazon show. May confirms it will begin in the autumn, with each run likely to be 11 episodes, possibly more. It will be scheduled – albeit not in the traditional sense – so won’t be immediately available to binge-watch.

The stories you need to read, in one handy email
Read more
It will also leave the TV studio behind, disappointing devotees of the “cool wall” but an exciting prospect for fans of Top Gear’s sumptuously filmed location shoots.

May says they are making more episodes than they did in the latter days of Top Gear and it is “logistically more complicated ... We are making a series of TV films and we don’t have a base”.

“Top Gear used to take up pretty much all our time and that is true now, worse actually,” he adds. “And by the end of the three years I’ll be dead anyway.”

May first discussed the idea for The Reassembler several years ago and had all but agreed to do it before signing up with Amazon, along with another series of BBC2’s Cars of the People. “I couldn’t say, ‘oh I’m not going to do it now because I’ve gone off to make myself rich with Amazon’. That would have been appalling,” he says. “I like putting things together and I find it very difficult to believe that other people wouldn’t be utterly fascinated. A more rational part of me accepts that a lot of people are going to think it’s utterly dreary.”

Each episode features May in a workshop, faced in the first instalment with 331 parts of a petrol-engine lawn mower. Ten hours later – 30 minutes of TV, including interspersed archive clips – it is rebuilt. It’s not quite “slow TV” – the phenomenon which won BBC4 two of its three Royal Television Society awards last week – but it has an old-fashioned, meditative feel about it, an arty side project before his Amazon blockbuster. May is “Captain Slow”, after all.

“I don’t actually know what the budget was but speaking from a purely selfish point of view it wasn’t a very well paid gig,” he says. “It was the TV equivalent of the contents of your 2p and 1p jar shaken out and used to buy something nice. What’s the rule, if it’s not successful it’s art? This is definitely art.”

We meet a few days short of a year since Clarkson was dropped from Top Gear after a damning internal report into his “fracas” with producer Oisin Tymon. He was followed out the door by Wilman, Hammond and May who said it would be “lame” to do Top Gear with a “surrogate Jeremy”.

“I remember thinking at the end of 2015 on New Year’s Eve, I’m actually quite glad to see the back of that one,” says May. “2015 was a bit complicated and had some very traumatic bits in it.”

It also, he says, had some “rather deserty bits in it” when he ended up “cooking shepherd’s pie on YouTube. It wasn’t as traumatic as having to go to war in Afghanistan, it was just a bit trying. I didn’t want to throw my life and career away”.

May briefly considered “taking a few years out or knocking it on the head” and becoming a teacher, but reality intervened in the form of a global bidding war for the services of the three presenters who turned Top Gear into a £50m BBC brand.

“People still wanted us to keep doing it so we had a duty to,” he says. “And you didn’t want to be the one who didn’t keep doing it, it would have looked churlish and mean spirited.”

“There’s a lot of politics in television and a lot of in-fighting and all that sort of stuff but in the end we are purveyors of entertainment,” he adds. “Viewers are not really bogged down in who’s doing what and who hates who and who’s doing best in the ratings. They watch television to be entertained.”

The rebooted Top Gear returns to BBC2 in May, with Chris Evans presenting it with Matt LeBlanc. It has already proved controversial, culminating in the “doughnut” episode near the Cenotaph which had Evans apologising “unreservedly”.

“That was probably a little bit ill-judged,” says May. Has he ever doughnuted around the Cenotaph? “I have driven up and down that road yes but no, I don’t do doughnuts. It’s inappropriate wherever you do it in my view.

“It was possibly a little unwise, ill-advised,” he adds. “Once they got to the point where they had to reinvent it, they had to have the balls to reinvent it totally, which is what they have done.”

He missed Evans comparing the former Top Gear trio to Zippy, George and Bungle from the children’s show Rainbow. “That’s quite good actually. Zippy? That’s Hammond. Is Bungle nice? I’ll be Bungle. Jeremy is George. A bit of good-natured sparring is great for everybody.” But he plays down the fact that Evans will be on air before them. “We are doing it carefully, it will be ready when it’s ready. For once, we are not in a race.”

May is a firm supporter of the BBC. “It would be a shame if the BBC didn’t exist, once it disappears you will never have it back,” he says. “Some people have got it in for the BBC for no apparently good reason. The Amazon lot are perfectly reasonable, level-headed people who just want to make TV programmes, I don’t think they are the enemy of the BBC or the other way round.

“It’s not a war, these things can coexist. We can have Amazon and Netflix and the BBC and BT Sport and people can make choices, that’s what modern life is all about,” he adds. “We are in the middle of a massive experiment, there will be a shakedown and we will see what comes out. I wouldn’t be surprised if the BBC was still in it, but they won’t be alone.”

Just before Christmas May broke his arm when he slipped leaving a restaurant and, unable to do much with it in a sling, spent six weeks making an Airfix model, a 1/48th scale Grumman F4F Wildcat. “I wasn’t really significantly drunk,” he remembers. “I went down with a massive wham. People always say if you’ve been drinking you just bounce. Well I didn’t, I went down with a loud cracking noise and that was that.”

The Reassembler will air on BBC4 at 9pm on 4, 5 and 6 April
Old 04-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #645
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
And it continues...

Quote:
In the latest blow to hit the new look Top Gear show, Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc’s relationship has reportedly broken down.

The hosts are said to have fallen out following last month's Cenotaph stunt which was heavily criticised at the time for being disrespectful.

According to a report, the radio host - who apologised on air following the backlash - blames the former Friends actor for it turning into a PR disaster.

A source told The Sun: "Matt was never Chris’s choice - it was a decision forced upon him to attract the US market.

“He accepted it and was desperate to strike up a bond when they were filming, but the spark just wasn’t there.

"Since the Cenotaph, their relationship’s deteriorated. Chris thinks Matt severely damaged the brand. Behind the scenes it’s very frosty between them."

It’s just the latest blow to hit the revamped show which is due to air next month.

Fans recently slated the new trailer which showed Chris in his new role for the first time.

Reacting to the footage on Facebook, fan Ethan Wright fumed: "Looks like it will conform to the politically correct agenda the BBC wanted real Top Gear to always be. This show will be apocalyptically boring without the humor or Clarkson, May and Hammond.”

Mick Brawn then added: "The BBC made a choice to pitch this new line up against the original casts new show on Amazon. What they overlooked is Clarkson and co have a huge budget and a free hand on the content, no more political correctness of the BBC holding them back.

"I think the BBC will regret this decision as an unfettered Clarkson will be unstoppable lol.. The BBC should have completely revamped Topgear rather than trying to compete."

Meanwhile, Netflix has confirmed that it will stream the show internationally meaning it will be in direct competition with the old Top Gear hosts’ new show on Amazon.

Mirror TV has contacted Top Gear for comment.

Video and pictures here:

Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc 'at war after relationship breaks down' following Cenotaph stunt - Mirror Online
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #646
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Failed 609 Times in 221 Posts
Eh. You can't trust the British media. All their shit is so tabloid.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #647
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Albeit with very limited exposure to Chris Evans, the guy seems a bit like a drama-queen lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #648
Witness protection

'RIP Top Gear': Viewers react with dismay at new trailer showing Matt LeBlanc and Chris Evans healing their rift by 'getting married' before racing around Morocco, Dubai and er, Blackpool | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-11-2016, 07:35 PM   #649
Witness protection

BREAKING: Clarkson, Hammond, And May Reveal The Name Of Their Amazon Show

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #650
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
Anyone think they chose that name very carefully as Top Gear is often referred to as TG, now Grand Tour shortened will be GT.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote