REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-22-2014, 07:44 AM   #2626
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Failed 111 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
most of the ITR's as of late hover between the 10-15 range for north american / canadian spec cars.

couple rebuilds and super burnt out ones for 7500...

I have a feeling in another ten years, the car may have a cult like the e30 M3. (at least for the lhd ones anyways)
\
i have a friend from my itr days in the US that has a 1997 model he bought brand new. it was a bone stock daily driver that he did track days on weekends with. after the clutch/flywheel grenaded inside the bell housing of his transmission at willow springs he parked it in his garage with the intent to fix it when he had the time. this was back in 2005-ish.

now he's married. two kids, and a job that has him going overseas 2-3 weeks per month. the car hasn't moved an inch and is covered in dust and toys/storage boxes. the rear wing is doing duty as a shoerack. it still has a032r's from that last track day on the car and his oem wheels with the original re010's are in storage. he says he won't sell it (i tried) and still wants to get it fixed, but i doubt it. maybe when his son grows up he can do something with it or it will be a garage find/time capsule like how collectors are finding classics today.
Advertisement
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #2627
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
That 01 has got some wicked rust issues. Rebuilt status from 05, t-boned into a ditch and got flooded out.

Only good for a track car, but not worth 8k for body work it needs
I knew my car had a rebuilt status from a T bone but never knew it went into a ditch and was flooded.
After I replaced all the bushings and shocks, the car was a hoot to drive on the track.
It's hard to say if it is worth the 8K or not. I was looking at a 98 with rusted rear quarters but not rebuilt status and they actually sold it for $9500.
Then you have TJAlmeida who sold his car for $7K.

I still regret not picking up a 98 ITR with only 100,000 kms for $10K a few years back.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #2628
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Failed 715 Times in 210 Posts
Can someone tell me what is this big deal about ITRs other than the fact that they are so rare? Is it also because they are affordable and have back seats? But then again, the focus of the conversation seems to have been on getting a beater and use it as a track whore, in which case the latter won't even matter.

Practically speaking, what is it that, let's say, an S2000 can do that ITR can't on track? You can also get a beat up S2000 for about $10k, which I think is way more capable. I just can't believe how expensive these ITRs go for given their condition.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #2629
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post
Can someone tell me what is this big deal about ITRs other than the fact that they are so rare? Is it also because they are affordable and have back seats? But then again, the focus of the conversation seems to have been on getting a beater and use it as a track whore, in which case the latter won't even matter.

Practically speaking, what is it that, let's say, an S2000 can do that ITR can't on track? You can also get a beat up S2000 for about $10k, which I think is way more capable. I just can't believe how expensive these ITRs go for given their condition.
Someone else will be able to add to this, but in a nutshell, it is because they are iconic, discontinued old school Honda's with one of, if not the best engines of its time along with being one of the best handling FWD cars ever produced.
AudiFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #2630
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,517 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 319 Times in 66 Posts
"If it ain't a type R, it ain't a tight car"

RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #2631
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagella View Post

all i remember is that back in the day, i loved everything about the s2000, but the need for practicality and because i am not a short person i would have to be driving with the roof down all the time

that's not to say i fit well in an dc2 either... it took vision lowdown sliders under a recaro and no sunroof to make me not hit the headliner
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 11-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #2632
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 17 Posts
hovercraft!! dunno if its a scam..

starship xl503 West Shore: Langford,Colwood,Metchosin,Highlands, Victoria
Renthal is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 12:08 AM   #2633
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
Lotus Formula 1 Racetrailer For Sale : Transporters
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #2634
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
Seeing all these different ads and asking prices for ITR's makes me so incredibly unsure of what sort of value mine has. $8k for an ITR with no documentation of the rebuild, non original motor, and major rust issues? I was thinking mine might be $1-2k more than that at most, and mine's a clean body, original motor and transmission, clean interior, but a rebuilt title (all documented through pictures).
Original BB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #2635
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
8k is very high for what it is...part of the ITR appeal is the chassis and its reinforcement so if the body is compromised...definitely not worth the Type-R tax if it's been rolled
for your's i'd start at for $9k since it's an 01...too bad it doesn't have the rare original red seats.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #2636
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
8k is very high for what it is...part of the ITR appeal is the chassis and its reinforcement so if the body is compromised...definitely not worth the Type-R tax if it's been rolled
for your's i'd start at for $9k since it's an 01...too bad it doesn't have the rare original red seats.
Once I get closer financially to owning an NSX, that's when I would be interested in selling. I wish I had those red seats, you have no idea. Especially the rears!
Original BB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:42 AM   #2637
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Failed 110 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original BB1 View Post
Seeing all these different ads and asking prices for ITR's makes me so incredibly unsure of what sort of value mine has. $8k for an ITR with no documentation of the rebuild, non original motor, and major rust issues? I was thinking mine might be $1-2k more than that at most, and mine's a clean body, original motor and transmission, clean interior, but a rebuilt title (all documented through pictures).
I also know your car's previous owner haha

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
2000 Acura Integra Type-R

IIRC this was jasonturbos old car?
I was supposed to see the car yesterday, then the owner asked to show me the car this morning but late last night he messaged me to say the car was sold.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-23-2014, 05:16 PM   #2639
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original BB1 View Post
thanks for sharing a your clean itr with us. brings back memories... sigh.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #2640
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 80 Times in 15 Posts
ITR represents the pinnacle of Honda FWD dominance , the pinnacle of the import tuner scene, and if you were born between 1975-1985 it was the car everyone wanted but only few could get when they were in there 20's.

I remember when the R came out , I was in grade 10, the honda scene was just starting to take off , Hondas just got into the 10's in the quarter mile. It was my dream car at the time. When I graduated I worked at lougheed acura where they were 01's were being delivered brand new and that cemented my love for them driving them brand new off the lot. Settled on an eg hatch as my first car, which I still own. Bought my 01 , 1 owner , clean title R full numbers matching with 50000km in 06. It now has 80000km.

Basically it and my eg represents the best years of my life , and I feel 20 again every time I hop in either of them for a rip. Needless to say they are 2 cars I will never sell.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:42 AM   #2641
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Failed 298 Times in 88 Posts
Anyone else not able to go on CL? The site's been down for me since yesterday...
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #2642
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
Yeah, it's been sporadic since yesterday. Currently, it's in html mode, for me at least.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #2643
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
Anyone else not able to go on CL? The site's been down for me since yesterday...
same for me....

Quote:
504 DNS look up failed
The webserver for http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca reported that an error occurred while trying to access the website. Please click here to return to the previous page.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:54 AM   #2644
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
I also know your car's previous owner haha
what did he do? did he spin out and backed into a pole or something?
Old 11-24-2014, 07:55 AM   #2645
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Failed 298 Times in 88 Posts
This is bullshit. How am I supposed to browse the Casual Encounters section?
I mean...browse for cheap cars?
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #2646
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,523 Times in 2,630 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
CL has been working for me since 9am-ish this morning.

Yeah to my casual encounters and misc romance sections.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #2647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
CL has been working for me since 9am-ish this morning.

Yeah to my casual encounters and misc romance sections.
What? No more therapuetic section?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #2648
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,523 Times in 2,630 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
What? No more therapuetic section?
When I quit the bromance and beastili... I mean, animal loving sections, that was therapeutic enough for me, man.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #2649
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Failed 42 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Let's see pics of your ITR, White Rocket.
From a year or so ago. It's all smashed up now though

Spoiler!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #2650
RS controls my life!

Failed 19 Times in 10 Posts
Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet (3.2L) For Sale by Original Owner!
I know nothing about Porsche's, but here is a one-owner, locally purchased cabriolet.

EDIT: A few more deals I personally would check out. Seems like Craigslist's downtime stopped the revival of those constant curbers and flippers.

Acura EL 2000 - Premium (Top of The Line) - $3999; Has minor mods. Looks clean from the outside and has a leather interior!
1993 Acura Integra for sale - $1500; Automatic transmission, claims to be a one-owner vehicle.
2006 BMW 325XI 325 - $8500; Possibly a good buy if in good mechanical shape. Note: Has been on the market for a while now; gives room to haggle but may have problems.

Last edited by Gazorcoop; 11-24-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote