REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-28-2015, 12:32 AM   #3926
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,003 Posts
Honda S2000 Convertible 2 Door | eBay

OH MAN. IF ONLY.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 04:37 AM   #3927
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
If this was posted last year it would have been a good deal when the CAD$ was on par with the USD$ .lol

1991 Acura NSX 3.0L v6

I notice with the nsx(s) probably in other cars for sale as well seller base the price on the USD currency.
For example that red Nsx on the ad if it was 21000$ cad more people would consider it im sure.
But because his basing it on the USD it becomes 26000$CAD
IMO the sellers potential buyer(s) is pretty limited because of the high KM 350k km (220k miles)
On top of that it needs a clutch job (parts alone is gonna be 2000$)

Would you guys even bother to spend $ to fix the clutch and the oil leaks knowing it has 350k km
it's been for sale for a very long time. might be on its second or third ad renewal at this point... price has only changed marginally though.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #3928
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Interior looks great on that NSX.
Makes you wonder why it has been on the market so long.

With recent carfax and thorough PPI I would consider it. Buy smart and sell smart. At least it is isn't a branded title. I would bet in another 10 years no one will care about the mileage. I nearly bought a Victoria 964 manual c2 coupe with 365kms last year. PPI showed it needed everything but a clutch. Rust, 2 accidents etc. Could have been had for $15k CDN. Max I would pay was $13k.

As for the CDN/USD issue I think they are just letting US buyers know that the car can be had for just $21k USD instead of listing in CDN only and letting US buyers do their own conversion. I suspect we will see high demand cars be listed at higher values and/or in USD for the US market.

US buyers can suddenly buy really high demand/collector Canadian cars such as GT2/GT3, 964/993, NSX, E30 M3 etc for a lower price than in the US. Hence Canadian sellers can raise their price to what may seem high to a Canadian buyer, but is still a deal for a US buyer.

The hard part for the US buyer is finding one of these cars in Canada that doesn't have stories.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #3929
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Lol 70k for a 993 vert. Better come with 30k in the glove box.
how's this for a 993 price

1997 Porsche 911 Turbo S For Sale - 1050743 - duPont REGISTRY

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #3930
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^^haha fuck. 993 Turbo pricing is just out of control.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:42 AM   #3931
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I cant take that seriously at all^^

The last US legal Turbo S I saw sold for 300K ish with just 7000 miles on it. How can anyone justify spending Carrera GT money on a 993 is beyond me...

There's a silver 97 Turbo S running around Vancouver now anyways

Its probably my fault.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #3932
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,818 Times in 3,332 Posts
1987 Toyota MR2

beater MK1 MR2. who wants to live dangerously for $1500??

90' Honda EF Civic HB // 04' Honda Pilot Granite

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #3933
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
This guy is a really active member of the local NSX group. I can't vouch for him or the car really, since I don't know him, but my guess is that no one really wants a 220 MILE nsx.. there are a lot of NSXs out there with 350k kms+, but still..

Quote:
If this was posted last year it would have been a good deal when the CAD$ was on par with the USD$ .lol

1991 Acura NSX 3.0L v6

I notice with the nsx(s) probably in other cars for sale as well seller base the price on the USD currency.
For example that red Nsx on the ad if it was 21000$ cad more people would consider it im sure.
But because his basing it on the USD it becomes 26000$CAD
IMO the sellers potential buyer(s) is pretty limited because of the high KM 350k km (220k miles)
On top of that it needs a clutch job (parts alone is gonna be 2000$)

Would you guys even bother to spend $ to fix the clutch and the oil leaks knowing it has 350k km
Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 AM   #3934
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,060 Times in 1,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
1987 Toyota MR2

beater MK1 MR2. who wants to live dangerously for $1500??
I think that's a pretty good price for what it is. Other than the rust, doesn't look like it needs anything major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #3935
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Quote:
26k?! Fuck me. Get it inspected. Kms are relevant, but maintenance is much more relevant.
P.s. Still no reply for the porsche.
I agree 100% but to a non car savvy peeps out there in my observation having a high click km is a red flag when they buy a car.
Some times i just give up explaining that a high km car w/ proper maintenance is better than a low km w/ shady maintenance record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
it's been for sale for a very long time. might be on its second or third ad renewal at this point... price has only changed marginally though.
Oh thats right! It was posted for 35k that was a nutty price tag .lol
jackp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #3936
RS Veteran

If it was 35k before that would explain it being on the market a long time.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a great deal. $26k (OBO) CDN NSX with a clean title just don't come up very often. And with the high mileage you don't have to worry much about depreciation and putting on the kms. Just fix the clutch/oil leak and enjoy.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #3937
Witness protection

whenever i look at the pics of it without the center caps i keep thinking it's on steel wheels from a base CRV

does anyone know what is the currently highest known mileage for a nsx out there?

this article is from 2009:

http://www.carscoops.com/2009/11/wow...000-miles.html

2014:

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread...ne-and-Gearbox

some nsxprime chatter:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...e-NSX-for-a-DD

i remember best motoring did a video where they test drove an dyno'd an almost-stock high mileage NA1 to see how it's held up, but i can't find it online
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 01-28-2015 at 01:11 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #3938

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
Interior looks great on that NSX.
Makes you wonder why it has been on the market so long.

With recent carfax and thorough PPI I would consider it. Buy smart and sell smart. At least it is isn't a branded title. I would bet in another 10 years no one will care about the mileage. I nearly bought a Victoria 964 manual c2 coupe with 365kms last year. PPI showed it needed everything but a clutch. Rust, 2 accidents etc. Could have been had for $15k CDN. Max I would pay was $13k.

As for the CDN/USD issue I think they are just letting US buyers know that the car can be had for just $21k USD instead of listing in CDN only and letting US buyers do their own conversion. I suspect we will see high demand cars be listed at higher values and/or in USD for the US market.

US buyers can suddenly buy really high demand/collector Canadian cars such as GT2/GT3, 964/993, NSX, E30 M3 etc for a lower price than in the US. Hence Canadian sellers can raise their price to what may seem high to a Canadian buyer, but is still a deal for a US buyer.

The hard part for the US buyer is finding one of these cars in Canada that doesn't have stories.
At 26k that needs work its a steep price clutch parts alone is gonna be 2k plus labor. Then on the ad it says the timing belt water pump was replace at 190k but according to the autocheck the car was imported from las vegas last year at 209k miles. Unless he has the paper work of that work done if it was me I would look into replacing those as well (that's another 700-800$for parts plus the labor).
Now let me go back to my first post, do you think it would be worth it to spend all these money on a 350k km motor?
Mine as well rebuilt that thing! or swap with a low km motor.
Also there is a known problem in the 91 nsx transmission(snap ring range) we dont know if this car is affected by it .

As for the usd/cad thing If the dollar was on par right now do you think he would post the price for 26k USD

Yah i agree and Im not blaming the buyer for catering more to the US buyer really Im sure in the US this is a sweet deal but not to Canadians .lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
This guy is a really active member of the local NSX group. TI can't vouch for him or the car really, since I don't know him, but my guess is that no one really wants a 220 MILE nsx.. there are a lot of NSXs out there with 350k kms+, but still..
Exactly my point when I said locally its pretty limited peeps who would consider it.
I doubt a regular buyer(whose just looking to drive and go) would even consider it after seeing the KM.
But I can really see someone who is very into the NSX and would love to do work on it man the body is really clean for its age!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 01:14 PM   #3939

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
If it was 35k before that would explain it being on the market a long time.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's a great deal. $26k (OBO) CDN NSX with a clean title just don't come up very often. And with the high mileage you don't have to worry much about depreciation and putting on the kms. Just fix the clutch/oil leak and enjoy.
Its actually a Us import
And yah maybe the buyer is plenty flexible with the price and it will turn into a sweet deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
whenever i look at the pics of it without the center caps i keep thinking it's on steel wheels from a base CRV

does anyone know what is the currently highest known mileage for a nsx out there?

this article is from 2009:

Wow... 1991 Acura NSX with 409,000 Miles / 658,000 km up for Sale in California

2014:

Acura NSX Passes 388,888 Miles on Original Engine and Gearbox

some nsxprime chatter:

Buying a High Mileage NSX for a DD
Man a little over a year ago there was this nsx with high KM for 18k
needless to say it sold the same day.
1991 Acura NSX - $18500
Old 01-28-2015, 01:18 PM   #3940
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Quote:
Also there is a known problem in the 91 nsx transmission(snap ring range) we dont know if this car is affected by it .

But I can really see someone who is very into the NSX and would love to do work on it man the body is really clean for its age!
Just wanted to touch on these two points..
The snap ring is a very unique problem. I'm not sure if you've seen the inside of the NSX transmission, and the exact part that fails, and why it fails..
Only certain transmission numbers were effected, but even those within the range are not guaranteed to be effected. The way the defect works, I would be extremely surprised to see that it's still an issue have 250k kms.

Second point, to me, the buyer of this car is someone who is purchasing an NSX as a track build, or he/she really wants a car they can just drive without caring too much.
If it was your first NSX, I think it'd be better to wait for the one you really want.. but if it's a second NSX as a DD or something, it would be perfect.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #3941

^^Agreed. As a track car, project build or daily this NSX could be a great buy. Especially since rebuilds are $35k. The Honda reliability factor is there so I'd be more comfortable with the higher mileage compared to a collision. If it wasn't red I would consider it.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #3942
Witness protection

there are so many rebuilt nsx's locally. there is a red one with some kind of bodykit and chrome wheels, another that is painted light blue, and a scary yellow one i've seen in person with the roof chopped off (not 100% sure this one is a rebuild but it might as well be). there is also a black one that is supercharged (not the one posted above) that someone told me actually isn't too bad. but the others keep popping up on craigslist looking for a new victim on a regular basis
Old 01-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #3943
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Anyone remember back in the 90's when the brown dude was driving around in the blue sparkling NSX with the license plate "NASTY1"?
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #3944

The Niger blueberry farm dudes had NSX's. One custom convertible even. That blue one could have been one of theirs.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #3945

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Just wanted to touch on these two points..
The snap ring is a very unique problem. I'm not sure if you've seen the inside of the NSX transmission, and the exact part that fails, and why it fails..
Only certain transmission numbers were effected, but even those within the range are not guaranteed to be effected. The way the defect works, I would be extremely surprised to see that it's still an issue have 250k kms.

Second point, to me, the buyer of this car is someone who is purchasing an NSX as a track build, or he/she really wants a car they can just drive without caring too much.
If it was your first NSX, I think it'd be better to wait for the one you really want.. but if it's a second NSX as a DD or something, it would be perfect.
No i havent seen the inside of the transmission of the NSX yet as I am still looking to purchase my very first. But I like to do extensive research first to see if i can handle it. In my understanding its not the snap ring itself that's the problem but the groove on the transmission housing is to wide.
Your right at this point if the car is indeed in that snap ring range at 350k km I doubt its valid problem anymore.

In the beginning I was discouraged that it might not be a DIY friendly this car.
My main concern was the need of car hoist to pull the motor out blah blah blah
but when i saw this i was dead set on getting one

Im a diy type a guy and love doing a project, to be honest Id prefer a car that needs work knowing me I like do all maintenance my self for my benefit.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:32 PM   #3946

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
^^Agreed. As a track car, project build or daily this NSX could be a great buy. Especially since rebuilds are $35k. The Honda reliability factor is there so I'd be more comfortable with the higher mileage compared to a collision. If it wasn't red I would consider it.
Im in the same boat as well the high mileage , mechanical problem over collision since I have no clue with auto body but Im sure with an auto body background would prefer the opposite.

Man at this point any color will do for me as long as its an nsx and manual!
Old 01-28-2015, 02:39 PM   #3947
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,450 Times in 5,486 Posts
Better off to buy that supercharged one on the island and sell all the mods.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #3948
RS Veteran

Jackpot I hear you about whether or not it's worth putting money into such a high mileage NSX. Let's say it cost you 5000-6000 and you get the car for $24,000 + $2680 tax. So $26880 + $6000 for clutch, maintenance etc. = $32880. You still have a higher mileage example that isn't going to be worth quite that much at this stage. But then you just keep it and drive it and in 5-10 years maybe it has increased in value.

I had the same issue with the high mileage 964. I was going to have to sink a huge sum of money into the vehicle when I could just buy a better example with lower kms. The problem with the NSX is no stories examples are hard to come by any where near this price. (Also US cars are quickly becoming very expensive for Canadians to import).

It's the low cost of entry that is appealing on this car.

The owner of this E39 M5 is on stanceworks and is up to 295,000 miles (Nearly 480kms!)

Last edited by TouringTeg; 01-28-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #3949
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,620 Times in 7,302 Posts
That car is actually a 528i. Nice car and owner though from what I've seen on the forums.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #3950

Thanked 2,788 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
That car is actually a 528i. Nice car and owner though from what I've seen on the forums.
Instantly noticed from the mirrors.
richardmozis is offline   Reply With Quote