REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #21176
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Was about to post this, did a google reverse search and found it listed in San Diego on Oct 17, 2017. I wonder if this is a legit ad...would be dope
Last ask was $65,000 so at $11,800 now... It's a pretty good deal
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2018, 03:48 PM   #21177
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,712 Times in 1,583 Posts
Failed 163 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Last ask was $65,000 so at $11,800 now... It's a pretty good deal
At 11.8K it would be a REALLY good deal, if real. I did a little more digging.

Orginal ad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-BMW-Ot...p2047675.l2557

Quote from seller:
Quote:
Hi guys, thanks for posting my car up in here! You're right, I should have vacuumed the car a bit before I had the pictures taken, I'm pretty busy day to day though and it just wasn't a priority. I figured anyone serious about this car would be willing to over look that, lol. The reason I'm selling it is that I only drive it about once every 6 months or so, and I just can't justify keeping it any more.

We specifically put pictures of the rusted hood vents in the ad because I want to be 100% honest about the good and the bad of this car, the hood vents are the only spot on the entire vehicle with rust. The shock towers are solid, zero rust. The hood rubs slightly on the shock tower so the spot you're seeing is the abrasion, not rust. We cut out the passenger side floor board during the build phase, and some minor rust repairs in the rear window, but that was pretty much it. I bought it a few years ago partly because it was in such good condition.

As far as the wiring, yes, unfortunately it's not pretty. It works great, and the Mega Squirt II controller is set up in the glove box, but it's been a real pain in the ass trying to find people who can work on this car to dial in all the small things I wanted to complete That's another reason I'm selling it, it's just so specialized that it takes someone very familiar with these cars to dive into it.

I'm in San Diego and both Carl & JP at La Jolla Independent are pretty familiar with this car, I've brought it to them a few times and they've checked it out top to bottom. Right now it's stored at my warehouse in Miramar, if someone from the board would like to come by in person and check it out, you're absolutely welcome to.

As far as the price, it would take about $100k (or more) and about 1.5-2 years to build a similar car, assuming you could find a solid base car to start with. I completely understand this car isn't everyone's cup of tea, it's definitely not a purist's ride, but for those irreverent A-holes like me, it scratches a unique itch.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #21178

Cheap beater edition: A RARE Accord 6-6-6 (6th gen -
V6 - 6MT) 2005 Accord Coupe V6 - 287,300km - $3995

Quote:
Very rare vehicle as it is a 6 speed manual. Engine runs strong, never had any mechanical issues with it. Was not used for learning (has a new clutch anyways). Exterior isn't its strong point but the reliability of this car is amazing. Oil changes were done religiously every 4000km. All other accord coupes, or any manual accord is priced at this price point, but is a 4cyl not the v6. The V6 engine gets great gas mileage as well if driven carefully and isn't a slouch on the highway.

Mileage: 287 xxx km (Mainly Highway, living in Richmond working in Surrey (45 min commute) - drove about 19k per year)
Clutch: Replaced 2 years ago approx. 250k mark
Timing Belt: Replaced @ 168k as per manual, due to change at 336k
Brakes: Good, not warped lots of pad left
CV Axles: Replaced 2 years ago along with clutch
Transmission fluid and clutch fluid: Changed when doing clutch
Suspension: Tein Street Basis Coilovers - Have original suspension as well
Exhaust: Custom
Audio: Full Infinity Speakers, Infinity 10" sub, Alpine CD Deck, dual amps (front alpine power pack, sub is a sony)
Exterior: Decent, not too bad for a 13 yo car
Interior: Excellent shape, small rip on drivers side
Claims: 2, driver door replaced (previous owner said they opened it and dented it in a parking garage)
Front bumper and headlights replaced (hit and run dented the bumper and headlight bracket broke, ICBC replaced
everything. no structural damage what so ever.)
For some not so cheap, and not really beaters. You have the option of two B6 S4s!

#1 - 2005 Audi S4 B6 - 6MT - 125xxx km - $13K with full service history from Audi dealership

Quote:
This car has been babied from day one and is looking for a new home. In terms of mileage and condition, this is the best 05 S4 available. I have the full service history, car proof, receipts for all servicing and modifications etc and would be happy to share to interested buyers. All servicing done at Audi every 5,000-6,000 Km's and only ever filled with Premium 94 octane from Chevron.

Some key features:
- 2 sets of keys
- heated front and rear seats (winter package)
- sunroof
- lowered stance on Bilstein shocks and springs
- Custom exhaust
- RS4 sway bars on front - extra stability (this car does not roll at all in the corners)
- Audi roof rack with ski mounts. I take them off in the summer time and only fit them in the winter as shown in the pictures
- The car has two sets of rims and tires:
1. original rims with Hancook Winters Tires - approximately 13,000 Km's (see pictures)
2. After market rims with Continental Tires - approximately 16,000 Km's (see pictures)

- In 2015 replaced the clutch and flywheel with an aftermarket JHM clutch and lightweight flywheel and removed the Catalytic converters
- In 2016 replaced the front window regulators
- In 2017 replaced the engine coolant bottle and the radiator
#2: 2005 Nogaro Blue Audi S4 - 143xxx km - $14K

This was probably posted earlier in this thread, but if you don't want that panda looking two tone interior, you can get this black and blue alcantara two tone. I don't dig the two tone either way.

OR toss on another 3K and get this B7 S4 6MT - 130xxx km - $16K, but this doesn't seem as great of a deal as that first B6 S4.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #21179
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 41 Times in 12 Posts
Warning: long ass reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoSpider View Post
yes, no?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...503196020.html

Spoiler!

2005 Mazda RX-8 GT

- 113,000 km
- Velocity Red exterior
- Red & Black leather interior
- 6 speed Manual
- 4 door
- Excellent condition inside/out
- 1st owner
- All scheduled maintenance & Mazda recalls performed promptly with paperwork available

Included Extras:
- Mazdaspeed OEM bodykit
- Mazdaspeed OEM intake
- Mazdaspeed OEM exhaust system
- BHR ignition system
- All-weather rubber OEM trunk lining
- All-weather rubber OEM floor mats (front & rear)

Issues:
- Glove box damper needs to be replaced
- Small crack on front bumper under driver side headlight

Reason for sale: got a baby on the way and need something more practical

$5,500
First thing first: Compression test it! And remember, you can only do it with a special rotary compression tool, so you'd have to head to a Mazda dealer or a rotary shop unless someone here on RS has a rotary compression tester. I don't.

The Mazdaspeed stuff is actually pretty hard to find nowadays and can be worth some money.

BHR ignition kit does last quite a bit longer than the OEM ones, but it works the best with a tune that changes dwell settings. From what I have read around the communities, D585 coils fire sparks with higher peak voltage, but the sparks also last shorter. You would want to increase the dwell settings to compensate for that.

A short version for anyone wondering about the "refresh"(S2), S2 is generally considered to be better designed(more oil injection, increased oil pressure, 3-stage rev cut that changes depending on coolant temp), but since there are only about 17000 of these in the world(S1 production number is close to 160k), aftermarket modding options are also far more limited, and some stuff that works on S1 won't work on S2.

So if you like modding, get an S1; if you prefer to keep your car relatively vanilla and have the cash(S2s are usually worth a good bit more than S1s), get an S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
For $5500, that car is begging for an ls swap. I've always had a soft spot for the styling of the rx8. But that renesis just doesn't cut it for reliability.
You can get an RX-8 rolling chassis for a grand, or you can get those "base automatic" with the shitty 4-port engine and ancient 4-speed auto for pretty cheap and start there. That's a much cheaper starting point.

Personally not a big fan of LS swap. Yeah, it's powerful, but the RX-8's design is just screaming "rotary" just about anywhere.

There was an analogy that compared an LS-swapped RX-7 to a hot girl with a penis. Pretty appropriate IMO.

The early Renesis has some design issues, like the lack of sufficient oil injection, but there are also factors like dumbasses who don't even know how to check engine oil level and the shitty early ignition coils that fail at 20k-mile mark. The revised Series 2 one like the one I have is a lot better. I never had reliability issues. The only times it quitted on me are all traced back to me not double-checking my work, not because of the design issues.

If you want to talk about longevity, then yeah, rotaries don't last very long, but they are barrels of fun when they run well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
At least rotary rebuilds are pretty cheap and easy to do, it's not like rebuilding a piston engine. Unless the renesis motor is very different from a 13b.
Or you can just get a reman from Mazda. Supposedly the recent Mazda rebuilds are actually pretty good bang for the buck.

Renesis(aka 13B-MSP) engine does have some differences compared to the older 13Bs. The key one is the side exhaust ports versus the peripheral exhaust ports used on older 13Bs. It's also a lot more electronic-heavy than older 13Bs.

Also, most RX-8 people will tell you that you should leave the rebuild to a pro. Backyard rebuilds usually won't last long unless you are a pro yourself. Spend the money and do it right.

Quote:
V6 - 6MT) 2005 Accord Coupe V6 - 287,300km - $3995

Oh man, I was actually looking for an 8th Gen Accord 6-6 Coupe before I bought my RX-8. Those are hard to come by.

While 6-6 Accord Coupes are rare, I dare you to find an 6-6 Accord Sedan. They are probably the most rare variation out there, and they were only available for 2 model years(2006 and 2007).

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 02-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #21180
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Also, most RX-8 people will tell you that you should leave the rebuild to a pro. Backyard rebuilds usually won't last long unless you are a pro yourself. Spend the money and do it right.
I would imagine it's still a lot cheaper than getting a piston engine rebuilt.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:42 PM   #21181

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I would imagine it's still a lot cheaper than getting a piston engine rebuilt.
For rotary rebuilds, it depends on your budget. Apex seals and side seals(which, by the way, can have heat problems in RX-8s due to the side exhaust ports) are almost always replaced, but then there are parts like the rotor housings, which you can reuse if they are not bad. Most people will tell you to get new ones, though, since reusing the old ones usually means lower performance and less mileage before the next rebuild.

I think if you just go straight for a reman at a Mazda dealer, it should be $5~6k all said and done. The core is $1k, and you can't take it apart to see what's wrong or Mazda won't take it.

Guess I should look into the cost of having a shop rebuild it before the time comes.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #21182
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good prices for Motul engine oils

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/...504906073.html
vwaudi34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #21183
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Failed 53 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
For some not so cheap, and not really beaters. You have the option of two B6 S4s!

#1 - 2005 Audi S4 B6 - 6MT - 125xxx km - $13K with full service history from Audi dealership

This was probably posted earlier in this thread, but if you don't want that panda looking two tone interior, you can get this black and blue alcantara two tone. I don't dig the two tone either way.

OR toss on another 3K and get this B7 S4 6MT - 130xxx km - $16K, but this doesn't seem as great of a deal as that first B6 S4.
Those 4.2L's....
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 05:30 PM   #21184
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Failed 73 Times in 28 Posts
Sick beater

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...505536728.html
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #21185
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...430433903.html

Not really a good deal considering e90-92 335i's are 10-15k atm. Unicorn status though
MegaTight is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #21186
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 16 Times in 4 Posts
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/...503869635.html

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...505481177.html

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...488689519.html

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...503964810.html

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...482171771.html
Ding is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #21187
SB7
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,543 Times in 464 Posts
Failed 381 Times in 56 Posts
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/...505486538.html

reasonable price for today's market?
SB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #21188
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,911 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Nice car! It’s pretty market value I’d think. Panel gaps might indicate something, but also might just indicate a white car built in the mid 80s. Curious about more info.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #21189
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,852 Times in 3,882 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
VW Jetta Bora r32 4motion. Pretty much a golf r32 but Jetta. Pretty slick I must say

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/...457937333.html
Old 02-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #21190
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,434 Times in 563 Posts
Failed 40 Times in 21 Posts
It's got a minidisc player. how is that for JDM.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:56 PM   #21191

Quote:
While 6-6 Accord Coupes are rare, I dare you to find an 6-6 Accord Sedan. They are probably the most rare variation out there, and they were only available for 2 model years(2006 and 2007).
I found 3, but none of them are local.

This is the only one I found with the red v6 badge
Montreal:2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 MT-6 - 7.1K -116xxxkm

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 - 345xxx km - 3K - Ontario

2006 Honda Accord Sedan (Manual) - 171xxx miles - 5.7K USD - Tacoma

No red badge and single tailpipe, is this a fake?

Looks like if you REALLY want a 6-6-6, you'd have to go a long ways to get it.

Also, from what I heard from an RSer who has an 6th gen accord. Apparently the engineers put in an easter egg, where if you put in 94, you'd get 10 more hp???
Old 02-22-2018, 09:09 AM   #21192

Quote:
I found 3, but none of them are local.

This is the only one I found with the red v6 badge
Montreal:2007 Honda Accord EX-L V6 MT-6 - 7.1K -116xxxkm

2007 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 - 345xxx km - 3K - Ontario

2006 Honda Accord Sedan (Manual) - 171xxx miles - 5.7K USD - Tacoma

No red badge and single tailpipe, is this a fake?

Looks like if you REALLY want a 6-6-6, you'd have to go a long ways to get it.

Also, from what I heard from an RSer who has an 6th gen accord. Apparently the engineers put in an easter egg, where if you put in 94, you'd get 10 more hp???
The last one seems to have a typo. It's a 4-pot. Single tailpipe and the 5-speed stick gave that away. MT I4 Accords were paired with 5-speed up until 2013(9th Gen); they got 6-speed after 2013.

As for the red badge, I don't think any Accords come with them. Those were only supposed to be for Civic Type R. IMO, putting red badges on an Accord is like me putting a Spirit R badge on my RX-8. It doesn't feel right.

So only 2 for sale right now in the country. Like said, these are hard to come by. If you like Honda V6s, love to drive a stick and want the practicality of a Sedan, these are very good.

As for the 6th Gen V6 having more power with 94 Octane, I am not sure. Maybe someone at Temple of VTEC has done dyno pulls. I do know that an 8th Gen Accord V6 with AT(J35Z2) gets a little more horsepower with 94, and I used to fill up mine with 91 because of that and the fact 91 Octane from Shell is ethanol-free.

The reason why V6 gets a bit more power is because some of these V6 engines end up in Acura vehicles and they usually require 91 Octane as they are premium vehicles, so the engineers may just stick the 91 Octane timing map in the Honda V6s as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #21193

Thanked 3,570 Times in 1,196 Posts
Failed 236 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
As for the red badge, I don't think any Accords come with them. Those were only supposed to be for Civic Type R. IMO, putting red badges on an Accord is like me putting a Spirit R badge on my RX-8. It doesn't feel right.

It's very subtle in terms on the badging, when you look at the V6 emblem specifically, its either highlighted in black, indicating run of the mill V6, or red, indicating it's a 6 speed manual.

Otherwise every other badging appears to be standard.

Honda Accord V6 Manual Sedan Minutiae | PlaysWithCars

Link for reference
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #21194
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Failed 554 Times in 127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
VW Jetta Bora r32 4motion. Pretty much a golf r32 but Jetta. Pretty slick I must say

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/...457937333.html
There's also this one that was posted earlier, cheaper and lower K. Surprised no one one picked one up yet considering how much r32s are going for.

2001 VW Jetta Bora vr6 4motion - $8500 (South Surrey)

Take one of them over to hpa motorsports and you'll have a BEAST of a sleeper
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #21195
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Failed 104 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:

At 143,000 km:

Quote:
Rare Nogaro blue exterior with blue alecantara/black leather seats. 6 speed manual. Fun and reliable car. Clean title, local BC car. Only work I've had done during my ownership has been the valve cover gaskets, along with having the valve covers painted black.
Really? That's all one really has to know about that V8. Where was that timing chain placed again?
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:39 PM   #21196
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,287 Times in 4,635 Posts
Failed 433 Times in 277 Posts
That timing chain was designed for masochists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
excuse me, i would never date a mainlander... thats disgusting.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #21197

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
At 143,000 km:

Really? That's all one really has to know about that V8. Where was that timing chain placed again?
Yeah that's why the 13K normal colored one is Option #1, which also has

Quote:
I put option 2 there in case anyone wanted to be a special person with a special car that has special (obviously) needs. Option 2 really only has the color going for it.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #21198

Thanked 14,852 Times in 3,882 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
There's also this one that was posted earlier, cheaper and lower K. Surprised no one one picked one up yet considering how much r32s are going for.

2001 VW Jetta Bora vr6 4motion - $8500 (South Surrey)

Take one of them over to hpa motorsports and you'll have a BEAST of a sleeper
I saw it, but silver is boring as fuck. If both are mechanically sound I’d gladly pay more for blue
Old 02-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #21199
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts

Curber?

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/...506128853.html

If it is, he got me because I posted it here anyway
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #21200
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 13 Times in 10 Posts
If the full service history from the dealer (on option #1) included a timing chain re&re it would be worth a look. I'd bet that full service hsitory is just oil & filter changes and a few misc other things.

Quote:
Yeah that's why the 13K normal colored one is Option #1, which also has

snowfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote