REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 05-09-2015, 01:19 AM   #751
The Speed Syndicate

Thanked 3,077 Times in 522 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Forgot aboot videos.

My fast lap is clumped somewhere in the 16 minute long video and I don't want to sift through it.

So here's my 2nd fastest lap

https://youtu.be/fo-qiNTrMZw

Here's my rain lap where I kind of lost traction for the first time ever in this car.

https://youtu.be/Jwd39bPfAZc
Sit in my car on June 14 - you can gain 2 seconds in sector 1 alone

Overall nice improvement from last year keep it up
Advertisement

TSS x Revscene Track Day Organizer

1991 Formula Red NSX - 3.2L ITB
kchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #752
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 29 Posts
Show me your race car ways K-sensei.

Why are you posting in Japan, go eat more tsukemen

/definitely not jealous or salty.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #753
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post

Overall nice improvement from last year keep it up
By all means, show me how I can improve 2 second in sector 1 alone. I do want to extract the final 2~3 seconds of my chassis’ potential.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #754
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Failed 59 Times in 40 Posts
Quote:
hell, if i sat in your car i'd be 5 seconds faster around the track...

but once i go back into my own car i'll still have my same slow lap time.
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #755
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,651 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v67gsr View Post
By all means, show me how I can improve 2 second in sector 1 alone. I do want to extract the final 2~3 seconds of my chassis’ potential.
That's some nice driving there, v67gsr. Almost as good as me.
(OK, I kid, I kid. )

If you put your heart into that 2.5L transplant, I guarantee you you'll see at least a good extra second's worth of improvement. I'm guesstimating only a second or so because apparently the new Ridge Complex makes the lap time a bit slower.

So get on with it, you know? You said it yourself -- all the pieces you wanted have been developed and are available to purchase!
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #756

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
That's some nice driving there, v67gsr. Almost as good as me.
(OK, I kid, I kid. )

If you put your heart into that 2.5L transplant, I guarantee you you'll see at least a good extra second's worth of improvement. I'm guesstimating only a second or so because apparently the new Ridge Complex makes the lap time a bit slower.

So get on with it, you know? You said it yourself -- all the pieces you wanted have been developed and are available to purchase!
If Ridge layout hasn’t changed and my skill hasn’t degraded, I will say the 2.5 may be able to lower my lap time by 0.5 sec. Base on my estimate, my car can run 1 sec quicker for every 100lb lighter.

It is likely my car won’t see any action this season. The manifold release time may not work out with our tracking season. My skill will drop all the way to group D by the time I come out again.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #757
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,179 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 119 Times in 32 Posts
after sitting in kchan's exige.i improve my whole laptime around 1.5 sec. so it does work !!
boatcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-11-2015, 06:28 PM   #758
GC8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
kchan is so fast I had to skip my next session... felt sick from the g's
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #759
I subscribe to Revscene

wear neck brace and pinch him when you dont feel well
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 01:15 AM   #760
The Speed Syndicate

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4fY96U-UX0
im not sure if you watch belauds video - if you did you can agree he can gain ~2 seconds in sector 1 from his best lap

i was not referring to any one else but him only - so lets comprehend things properly first as i did quote him and not anyone else

but to make it fair - for your video you posted im sure you can go turn 1 at 180-185km/h turn 1 with all the aero you have - ive recently done turn 1 in a z4 mcoupe with no aero on z2 265 square setup with stock suspension and i was able i just tapp the brakes with turn into turn 1 at ~180km/h - lets factor in that the stock speedo reads 5-10% more than it actually is - so for argument sake lets put it at 170km/h on stock suspension and no aero - so yea i think u can gain some time from turn 1 alone. but im not sure how your car will react with the extra speed for turn 2 - but im pretty sure with all the aero you have and your driving skills you will find a way to carry the momentum over

of course this is all from internet talk and just watching videos - im not fast myself (1:53:9xx personal best before new layout) so take my words with lots of salt but im still trying to improve my own turn 1 myself.. need to have the balls to turn in at 200km/h especially after experiencing it first hand in my friends STI running 1:45:xxx on old layout

Last edited by kchan; 05-12-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #761

man. i have no balls. i take T1 at like 60kmh
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #762

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
im not sure if you watch belauds video - if you did you can agree he can gain ~2 seconds in sector 1 from his best lap

i was not referring to any one else but him only - so lets comprehend things properly first as i did quote him and not anyone else

but to make it fair - for your video you posted im sure you can go turn 1 at 180-185km/h turn 1 with all the aero you have - ive recently done turn 1 in a z4 mcoupe with no aero on z2 265 square setup with stock suspension and i was able i just tapp the brakes with turn into turn 1 at ~180km/h - lets factor in that the stock speedo reads 5-10% more than it actually is - so for argument sake lets put it at 170km/h on stock suspension and no aero - so yea i think u can gain some time from turn 1 alone. but im not sure how your car will react with the extra speed for turn 2 - but im pretty sure with all the aero you have and your driving skills you will find a way to carry the momentum over

of course this is all from internet talk and just watching videos - im not fast myself (1:53:9xx personal best before new layout) so take my words with lots of salt but im still trying to improve my own turn 1 myself.. need to have the balls to turn in at 200km/h especially after experiencing it first hand in my friends STI running 1:45:xxx on old layout
That lap in my video was still in warm up pace (2nd out lap). Fat guy in front paced down a lot (6 freakng seconds) and I paced down little to hang with him. It was so happen be my best lap before my engine gave up two laps later. I did expect better pace if my engine could hold itself together longer.

Every now and then I did full throttle through turn 1 (~190) and didn’t brake until apex. My car can handle the weight transition but I don’t feel comfortable and it is unnecessary risk for a lapping day. You and I talked before and you know I am after relative pace of the chassis and setup, not just lap time.

I agree there is room for belauds to improve but saying he can improve 2 second by simply ride with you in your car is very irresponsible statement. If you want to help, drive his car and show him what line to take, where to brake, and when to turn in. Encourage him to mimic your line and turn in at a speed he is comfortable with. Then slowly pace up and work on brake point according to the speed. Again, you and I talked before and you know I am after consistency, not one lap wonder.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #763

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
man. i have no balls. i take T1 at like 60kmh
Of course. I bet a handsome guy like you will not allow yourself to be the joke of all time at Ridge.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #764
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Failed 128 Times in 71 Posts
Quote:
Of course. I bet a handsome guy like you will not allow yourself to be the joke of all time at Ridge.

Get a hotel room guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #765
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Failed 75 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:

I blame the poopie teins
Old 05-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #766

Quote:
i dont even know what that means but i appreciate the compliment?

Old 05-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #767

Quote:
That lap in my video was still in warm up pace (2nd out lap). Fat guy in front paced down a lot (6 freakng seconds) and I paced down little to hang with him. It was so happen be my best lap before my engine gave up two laps later. I did expect better pace if my engine could hold itself together longer.
man.. he's just a fast driver eh? doesnt matter what track.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #768
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Failed 67 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
So if I'm ugly, I can drive as slow as I want?
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #769
I subscribe to Revscene

I sat in an almost stock 1.6 miata doin 180km/h turn one with skinny summer tire
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #770

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatcaptain View Post
I sat in an almost stock 1.6 miata doin 180km/h turn one with skinny summer tire
And the result?
Old 05-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #771
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
And the result?
Mind Blasting. realize you need balls and skills if you wana go fast anywhere.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #772
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Failed 51 Times in 26 Posts
hey man that thing put down 137 whp at RG okay... it was modded.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:27 PM   #773
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
hey man that thing put down 137 whp at RG okay... it was modded.
you sure we are talkin about the same car?? the one i sat in made 107whp at racing greed
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #774
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Failed 51 Times in 26 Posts
oh yeah thats right, sometimes i forget an air intake filter doesnt add 30hp :|
Old 05-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #775
The Speed Syndicate

Quote:

Every now and then I did full throttle through turn 1 (~190) and didn’t brake until apex. My car can handle the weight transition but I don’t feel comfortable and it is unnecessary risk for a lapping day. You and I talked before and you know I am after relative pace of the chassis and setup, not just lap time.

I agree there is room for belauds to improve but saying he can improve 2 second by simply ride with you in your car is very irresponsible statement. If you want to help, drive his car and show him what line to take, where to brake, and when to turn in. Encourage him to mimic your line and turn in at a speed he is comfortable with. Then slowly pace up and work on brake point according to the speed. Again, you and I talked before and you know I am after consistency, not one lap wonder.
irresponsible? not really especially since belaud knows that i shit talk him and he shit talks me - its hard to truly understand internet sometimes

but regardless - im confident i can help belaud improve his turn 1 by showing what his car / my car can do in that sector

back on topic:

june 14th TSSxFFD track day at the ridge - group B is now SOLD OUT