REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 59 Times in 28 Posts
Tangerine Bank $ bonuses and 3% interest until Nov/30

Tangerine is having a solid promotion. I've told a couple of friends but some said "nah, not interested"

This is literally like handing someone free money, and saying no.

There's a $50.00 dollar referral ID bonus, We each get 50/50. Then, when you open an account, you can refer friends with your ID, get 50/50 for both and refer 3 friends, get a 100 bonus.

There's a 10 dollar a week bonus, if you enroll in Automatic Payroll Deposits, up to Oct/31st. If you start now, that's $70.00.
http://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-p...ay/index4.html

If you have a child, you can enroll him/her, and deposit a min. $250, and receive a $50.00 bonus.

And best yet, 3% interest on new deposits in a Savings account/tsfa/rsp up until Sept/15th. Interest will be paid monthly and will end November 30th.
http://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-p...ool/index.html

If you have a decent amount of cash lying around, for a rainy day, Tangerine offers a pretty solid return in a mere couple of months.

Fees? Pretty much no fees.

No min. balance.
First 50 cheques free.
Link to a main bank and do EFT for free.
I find the platform very easy.
Deposit cheques mobile, snap a picture, deposit.
You can open an account/with a picture of your cheque, it'd be open within 4 business days. Pretty great.

Overall, nothing but good about Tangerine so far. If you'd be signing up, and want to use my referral ID, wicked. Just send a PM.
Advertisement

Last edited by SkinnyPupp; 09-12-2014 at 06:54 PM. Reason: removed referral code
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
sounds like OP works for tangerine

you know what they say "nothings ever free", well both the referral and direct deposit "bonuses" actually are basically free however pretty mediocre

the 3% promo interest rate is basically irrelevant considering todays already the 11th, and all of the major banks already have the mobile cheque depositing feature on the way as we speak

definitely not enough to make anyone who already has an established banking relationship elsewhere suddenly switch over to tangerine

not to mention theres also always going to be that added stigma or security of banking with one of the big 5 (TD, RBC, etc.)

nothing against tangerine tho
aSpecAce is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,849 Times in 1,842 Posts
Failed 970 Times in 279 Posts
OP, is that a referral link in your post for me to sign up with?
Old 09-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerber View Post
sounds like OP works for tangerine

you know what they say "nothings ever free", well both the referral and direct deposit "bonuses" actually are basically free however pretty mediocre

the 3% promo interest rate is basically irrelevant considering todays already the 11th, and all of the major banks already have the mobile cheque depositing feature on the way as we speak

definitely not enough to make anyone who already has an established banking relationship elsewhere suddenly switch over to tangerine

not to mention theres also always going to be that added stigma or security of banking with one of the big 5 (TD, RBC, etc.)

nothing against tangerine tho
....... Sorry but you lost me at mediocre. Here's my opinion.

1. Tangerine, formerly ING Direct, is owned now by Scotiabank (BNS) or as you refer it. A big five.

2. Mediocre bonus? Even if you don't want a long lasting relationship with this bank, signing up takes as little as 10 minutes for 50 dollars. Temporarily transfer your payroll for another total of 60? 110 dollars?

I see more people drooling over the free Costco Membership, which involves a lot more work. And Costco isn't even that great.

No fees/charges with Tangerine, you can cancel any time.

3. I brought this up on Sept 4th, so one had plenty of time for the 3%. You have a couple choices now, PC Financial has 3.1 and Tangerine has 3.

Yes, these rates aren't even that great, but if you have cash lying around waiting on a deal for a car or house or waiting for the stock market to come down. Taking a couple minutes to EFT the money to a savings account is considered a hassle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
OP, is that a referral link in your post for me to sign up with?
Nope, I pm'ed you the code. Easy 50 bucks if anyone was thinking of signing up anyways. In addition, there's a promotion right now, if you refer up to three friends, you get an additional 100.

And then there's that CIBC promotion on RFD for 400 dollars free, but nevermind, guess too many people think it's a hassle. Everyone's a millionaire except me
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #5

like i said nothing against tangerine just saying why some of your friends may have been reluctant

CIBC promotion is actually alot better imo definitely better then the refurbished tablets RBC and TD were giving out
Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
There was a referral link in the code.. Whether it was intentional or not, I can't be sure, but I removed it anyway.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #7

That's odd. It wasn't intentional, heck that's not how you refer someone anyways lol. They need your specific referral code to enter when signing on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerber View Post
like i said nothing against tangerine just saying why some of your friends may have been reluctant

CIBC promotion is actually alot better imo definitely better then the refurbished tablets RBC and TD were giving out
nah, one admitted he never online banks because he's afraid of online banking. My reaction... wtf? A secured home wifi, firewall, etc, you'd be fine. The website is https.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 397 Times in 91 Posts
i have referral codes if someone needs, in fact I'm willing to split the 50$ i get for referring.

what i like about this promo is that you don't even need to go to a bank and you can have the bonus in 3 days if you have a cheque on hand. (you take a picture of the cheque on your phone with the app and it will automatically deposit).
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:39 AM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Failed 54 Times in 30 Posts
I believe Presidents Choice is offering 3.1% from what I read in RFD.

No link. Go Google that shit yourself. I don't work for them.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 6 Times in 3 Posts
PC has 3.1% on any account (chequing, savings or TFSA) from now until Dec 15, 2014 I believe, you have to call in to enroll though or else you won't get the 3.1% interest.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
PC has 3.1% on any account (chequing, savings or TFSA) from now until Dec 15, 2014 I believe, you have to call in to enroll though or else you won't get the 3.1% interest.
Yeah, but unless you have a large sum to put away, I figured the 50 dollar bonus and payroll bonus (120) would far outweigh the extra 15 days and extra .1%
Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 PM   #12
private modder

Thanked 2,764 Times in 776 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
Thanks for mentioning this. Good rate. I opened a TFSA with PCF today.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:14 AM   #13
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 634 Times in 127 Posts
U kno 3% isnt that great? When its only until december? Thats like 1% total for the 3 months.

If youre young and you dont have use for the money, at least put it in mutual funds if u arent investing saavy
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #14

3% for only a matter of months is minimal the effective rate of interest ends up being only 0.75%

its all just a marketing ploy and clearly its done its job
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2014, 07:17 AM   #15
I STILL don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been using them for awhile now and they certainly supplement traditional banking quite well. If anyone needs a referral key, please PM me.
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #16
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tangerine is pretty good, I just signed up and got my bonuses, I particularly like their no fee email money transfer.

Last edited by Heavy_user; 02-20-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Heavy_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #17
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 71 Times in 15 Posts
I'm switching from TD to tangerine when I have the time.
They have a proper BlackBerry10 app haha