REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #126
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Failed 703 Times in 219 Posts
If she's expecting for you to pay for the whole trip, run bro she's just using you.
Advertisement

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #127
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
1. She wants a free trip.
2. Or if she is paying her way, she probably wants to go travelling but doesn't want to go by herself and couldn't get any of her friends to tag along. You're probably just there to keep her company whether as a warm body or not.

A coworker of mine was in a similar situation where he paid for the hotels, and she paid for the plane tickets or something like that. She bailed on him after she found a boyfriend in the intervening period. Obvs. the new BF did not want her jetting off with "some guy". She got a refund, he had a much harder time getting his. I didn't have the heart to tell him he got played big time.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:27 PM   #128
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 84 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
2. Or if she is paying her way, she probably wants to go travelling but doesn't want to go by herself and couldn't get any of her friends to tag along. You're probably just there to keep her company whether as a warm body or not.

A coworker of mine was in a similar situation where he paid for the hotels, and she paid for the plane tickets or something like that. She bailed on him after she found a boyfriend in the intervening period. Obvs. the new BF did not want her jetting off with "some guy". She got a refund, he had a much harder time getting his. I didn't have the heart to tell him he got played big time.

at that point, I hope that your co-worker doesn't need to be told that he got played to realize what happened..
chinook79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #129
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
If she's expecting for you to pay for the whole trip, run bro she's just using you.
I am pretty sure she is paying her trip. After all I haven't said anything yet other than let her decide when she wants to go and see where she wants to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post

Well she is planning to get in in mid may or early june so if she does bail me out I am pretty sure i can get my money and I won't be paying for her share so if I have to I will go alone if I can't get a refund.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:28 AM   #130
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Yeah, I told my co-worker he should have just gone himself after she bailed. But he's of the persuasion that he "doesn't like to travel alone" even though he's never really done it before. Seems to be an attitude common among more "fobby" Asians...they can't go anywhere alone or go somewhere where they don't know anybody.

Glad to see you're more independent Mr.Happyslip.

Anyway, lesson learned, water under the bridge and all that. Unless you are fine with it being platonic, don't go on vacation with a girl 1-on-1 unless you're already shtupping her or know 100% you will be on the trip.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)

Last edited by CivicBlues; 05-07-2018 at 08:39 AM.
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #131
Banned By Establishment

Failed 115 Times in 24 Posts
Just talked to a coworker who went to Sandals for her honeymoon and she said that she loved it. When I asked her the price I was in for sticker shock as her trip over $10,000 for the two of them.
She said the price included a lot of activities like snorkeling and water skiing.
Has anyone else gone to a Sandals resort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:41 PM   #132
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
lol 10k..

i just spent 24 days in Europe, we stayed in 5 different cities in nice places, ate at a michelin star restaurant, and did literally -everything- we could. There was nothing we didnt do due to cost etc.

That trip, including airfare cost us 12k

i dont care how good sandals is, theres no way in hell id pay that.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #133
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,096 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
10K is about what it would cost for me to bring my family of 5 to a 5 star all inclusive with a bunch of included amenities/activities. They must’ve splurged on a ridiculous room for that kind of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #134
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
Failed 170 Times in 46 Posts
^well typically a honeymoon suite isn't exactly cheap.. and they probably bought expensive champagne and went for nice meals and bought brand name astroglide
Old 06-23-2018, 06:48 PM   #135
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Failed 185 Times in 67 Posts
Any suggestions for where to visit in early or mid October? I know it's out of season. I hear it rains around this time of the year in Mexico but that the north experiences less.

Looking for suggestions on all inclusive resort as well.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:09 AM   #136
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,160 Times in 1,954 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Any suggestions for where to visit in early or mid October? I know it's out of season. I hear it rains around this time of the year in Mexico but that the north experiences less.

Looking for suggestions on all inclusive resort as well.
Hyatt Ziva in Puerto Vallarta was amazing, and it definitely rains less in PV on the coast.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #137
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,339 Posts
Failed 82 Times in 41 Posts
I'm also looking at Puerto Vallarta this year, looking at taking my wife for her 40th sometime in late November. I'll check out that resort.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2018, 11:31 AM   #138

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Can vouch for Hyatt Ziva at PV, we had a spectacular time, last week of september 2017.

There was a bit of a paint smell as they were renovating the old building, but all in all it was great. The employees there make the difference. And the private beach.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'm also looking at Puerto Vallarta this year, looking at taking my wife for her 40th sometime in late November. I'll check out that resort.
You'll love it, great resort. Make sure to get an ocean view condo, great sunset views right from your balcony. Make sure you rent a car or bus it down south to Boca De Tomatlan, great beach down there and you can ferry around to other one's from there.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #140

Welp, was waiting on my wife to get back to me to confirm holidays as she started a new position and we missed out on Hyatt Ziva.

Total change of plans, going to the other coast, Cancun...well actually Carmen Del Playa got a pretty decent deal not stoked about the longer flight but at least it's direct.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #141
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 21 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Welp, was waiting on my wife to get back to me to confirm holidays as she started a new position and we missed out on Hyatt Ziva.

Total change of plans, going to the other coast, Cancun...well actually Carmen Del Playa got a pretty decent deal not stoked about the longer flight but at least it's direct.
Playa Del C, not sure if u know, few years back, tornado took all sand from resort areas and dumped it on the other side of the island. now most resort beaches are bare /rocky
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:26 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallydrv View Post
Playa Del C, not sure if u know, few years back, tornado took all sand from resort areas and dumped it on the other side of the island. now most resort beaches are bare /rocky
That's alright, I'm not much of a beach guy anyway prefer the pool.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #143
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went to playa del c last year, beach was fine. I recommend there instead of cancun which is super touristy and water looks dirty af.
ppck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:24 PM   #144
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have been to both Playa del Carmen and Puerto Vallarta, but really prefer the latter.
Harvey67DB is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2018, 01:50 PM   #145
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
footage has emerged of tourists relaxing at the beach in a popular resort town, just metres away from bullet-riddled bodies.

Craziness. I don't think I could eat my lunch a few feet from a couple bodies...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 PM   #146

Thanked 2,797 Times in 916 Posts
Failed 1,257 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
that's being going on for years in mexico.

the dirtiest gangs i heard are doing Money extortion from local beach resort workers and taxi drivers...shooting them right on the beach just like this.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:44 PM   #147
2 Wheelin' Mod

Failed 18 Times in 10 Posts
Anyone gone to cancun recently thinking about going in April
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:27 AM   #148
Banned By Establishment

Failed 115 Times in 24 Posts
Any resort recommendations for Cabo or Puerto Vallarta? Thinking about going in September and have never been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #149

I always recommend renting an Airbnb in PV, and not all-inclusive.

But if you must do AI, totally recommend Hyatt Ziva in PV. One of the best AI experiences I've ever had. They also have their own private beach, and it's situated below the city of PV, where all the better beaches are.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #150
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,096 Posts
Failed 215 Times in 113 Posts
Can vouch for Riu Palace in Cabo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote