REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 231 Times in 43 Posts
not even a debate 280 all day
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vudooca View Post
280z + rb26 >> silvia
Goood lawd... you read my mindd
kingmarianor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
For a daily driver i'd go for the Silvia. Even if it is an overplayed drift boy special. This coming from a Z owner. But let the Z's go to an enthusiast.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
For a daily driver i'd go for the Silvia. Even if it is an overplayed drift boy special. This coming from a Z owner. But let the Z's go to an enthusiast.
I don't know if my dad would let me sell those. They've been in the family since the beginning. My uncle even went on to design the 370z because of the silver one he drove for awhile. LOL too much sentimental value.

I'm also kind of tired of driving a cliche car you don't really need to constantly putting in effort to maintain... Believe me. I've been driving an RSX. AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY CAR FOR KEEPING ME ALIVE THROUGH DRIVING IN THE ROCKIES THROUGH WINTER FROM WINNIPEG.

But I fully understand where you're coming from. My mom knows my dad had to constantly put in work on his datsun since highschool. But they both say it's worth the effort
Old 09-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 77 Posts
I'd advise you take a look at my build thread to see what's behind the skin of these things, they rot from the inside out, if the rocker panel is rusty from the outside, it'll be worse inside.

Body parts are hard to come by, unless you're happy with an "okay" used replacement that'll need work. Mechanical parts are plentiful, there is a growing market for interior parts.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
I'd advise you take a look at my build thread to see what's behind the skin of these things, they rot from the inside out, if the rocker panel is rusty from the outside, it'll be worse inside.

Body parts are hard to come by, unless you're happy with an "okay" used replacement that'll need work. Mechanical parts are plentiful, there is a growing market for interior parts.
YES. That's what I was hoping to find. I'm not so good at navigating through this site yet so I couldn't find where people post their project builds. Thanks! I'll check it out
Old 09-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #32
Circle Stick Square Mod

Failed 21 Times in 13 Posts
there is quite a number of Datsun owners on revscene.... to be honest its quite a suprise.

if anyone is looking for the Silver fender mirrors i have a set for sale BNIB hahhh

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM   #33
N8
I STILL don't get it

Failed 19 Times in 6 Posts
I like the Datsun, but I'd rather pump that money into a Silvia and get more out of it performance wise. Hell, you could probably buy at least two good Silvias for the price of one restored 280 (if you imported it yourself). Or get a handful of front clips in your shipping container which will be handy down the road.