REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #51
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Failed 1,536 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
LOL!

Wait until he replies.

I'm happy with my life so it allows me to have a thick skin. People seem to think that if you put out your first book and it doesn't blow up that you're somehow a "failed" writer. You fail when you quit your creative hobbies after people shit on them! Hahaha!

Taking some online abuse from the bridge and tunnel crowd is simply par for the course with the suburban folk. They tend to dislike individualism and self-expression, hence the preference of big box stores over boutiques. Man if a store doesn't have warm lighting and a lingering scent of sage I can't even shop! Another thing, I don't even think they have edison bulbs out there or even a decent hipster mixologist! Jealousy, obviously.

We here in Vancouver have the world-renown Mayor Moonbeam! Soon he will make the broadway corridor a rapid conveyor-belt of students to UBC, pumping out the world's finest baristas and trust fund babies with a paper to wave around. It goes without saying but I have to mention it; our DTES crackheads have much more class than Whalley crackheads. In Vancouver, I get to ride the seawall daily, feeling the sun on my face and a pleasant stone from the bong I just toked from. Later in my day I can enjoy walking everywhere I need to go, and the best part about getting around in Vancouver?

I ain't Treo's bitch!

Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #52
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts

Last edited by originalhypa; 11-25-2014 at 09:36 AM.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #53
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 88 Posts
you are hilarious orginahypa! that was a epic rant! I didn't know you cared so much for me? you gotta relax, all this from a simple joke! haha! you can throw stones but no one else can? I post my cars on RS because this is a car forum right? I glad you own lots of property and have traveled, that is awesome, you gotta take it easy...
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #54
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I'll admit, people like me need people like you. We need you to rent our apartments and pay our mortgages down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Like you're somehow better at life because you own things.

I'd hate me too if I lived in Langley and knew some renting schlep with a crap book could have so much fun living downtown and loving life!!!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Some people get all pissed and/or jealous when people bring up the topic of owning VS renting. I remember socializing outside of my usual crowd last year, one asian hottie who kept loudly dropping that she'd never date a "renter" was at the party with a friend of mine. He rents, I rent. Well he got all bent out of shape that she called him a renter and left the party with a dramatic exit.

I ended up banging her because that shit is pretty meaningless, it is how you live your life that really matters, not the shit you own.

Hypa I may end up being Treo's bitch today if I hit the Pick-A-Part and check out if they have any PT Cruiser 2.4 Turbo engines for sale. Apparently they're like $300 U-pull, and engine mounts are available on Ebay to put it in the 2200 lbs Rampage. Your Langley hick ass is going to be so jealous of my Doge Rampage.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #56
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Failed 504 Times in 165 Posts
wtf is going on in here..

Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2014, 11:06 AM   #57
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 19 Times in 6 Posts
^Van boys vs. Valley boys. This kind of conflict where people living in the city look down on suburban people is common in every city.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #58
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Failed 72 Times in 31 Posts
5 Year Old Valley Boys
"My dad could beat up your dad"

5 Year Old Van Boys
"My dad could sue your dad"

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #59
Banned (ABWS)

I challenge Hypa to a seawall race.

Rules:

1. One giant bong toke must be taken prior to the ride
2. Single speed or fixie bicycles only
3. Start and finish is the Blarneystone in Gastown, 14k route

Then I will come out and do whatever sport is available in Langley, perhaps buggy races or a rowdy match of horseshoes
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 12:19 PM   #60
they call me the snowman

Ah, that felt good. The thing about getting older is that once you let it all out, you can then move on with life.

The great thing about being in the valley is that you can visit the city, then get the hell out of there once your business is done. Hitting a hockey or football game, then grabbing some dinner or a movie afterwords is a lot of fun. But like I said, it's good to be able to sleep without hearing sirens or cars all night. It's nice to get out of the busy lifestyle to get back to what one truly enjoys. For most in the area, it's about affordability and a stable upbringing for their kids. For others, it's a place to turn your million bucks into a nice piece of property where it takes an hour and a half to mow your lawn. Twice a week. And you fucking love it.

I do have a single speed. It is red with whitewall tires. Maybe the city and valley folk aren't that much different after all.

As for the Rampage.........

That's a pretty cool choice of vehicle. I wouldn't have been able to call that one.

Old 11-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #61
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
you are hilarious orginahypa! that was a epic rant! I didn't know you cared so much for me? you gotta relax, all this from a simple joke! haha! you can throw stones but no one else can? I post my cars on RS because this is a car forum right? I glad you own lots of property and have traveled, that is awesome, you gotta take it easy...
It's been a long time since I've ranted. Be happy that I included you in it. 9,998 others weren't so lucky!

Free Shark Tank!!1!!
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #62
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,862 Times in 3,920 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
am i the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with that Z3? More body kits than I would've liked but i'd imagine it's considered nicely modified in the yesteryear.

hypa's past cars...i think i like the Z3 better than his candy CF hood

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67935...ml#post8140972

Last edited by twitchyzero; 11-22-2014 at 01:59 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #63
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Failed 282 Times in 29 Posts
Looks like I opened Pandora's Box.
Didn't want this to wind up being a FV vs GVR debate.
I rent in Kits and even I've come to the realization that I will have to move to the 'burbs' if I plan to own a home.
NotRevSeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #64
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
That's because you are NotRevSeen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRevSeen View Post
Looks like I opened Pandora's Box.
Didn't want this to wind up being a FV vs GVR debate.
I rent in Kits and even I've come to the realization that I will have to move to the 'burbs' if I plan to own a home.

That is a bad mindset to have, think of a business you could create or something you're good at that you can generate a following or a market for. Rent here while working on your entrepreneurial projects and enjoy the lifestyle!
Old 11-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #66
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Failed 217 Times in 88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
am i the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with that Z3? More body kits than I would've liked but i'd imagine it's considered nicely modified in the yesteryear.

hypa's past cars...i think i like the Z3 better than his candy CF hood

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67935...ml#post8140972
Thxs man! I kinda cringe now when I look at pics of my beloved z3. Lol! I guess it would be the equivalent of bigs tar jeans in the day. Super trendy in the day, but faded fast. In the 98-2005 era, veil side body kits were all the rage. Veilside was the company that started the crazy bodykit trend. Today's Veilside is rocket bunny, rwb, liberty walk, etc. I remember seeing my first Veilside supra and rx7 and fell in love. I know allot people hate the crazy kits, and that's Kool, but I love them when I was a kid. My z3 was more than a bodykit, it was supercharged and alcohol injected. Full chassis strengthening kit, coilovers, brakes, roll age etc. it was even used in a toyo tires poster and magazine campaign
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (211.6 KB, 0 views)
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: