REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-24-2015, 12:07 PM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 59 Posts
That verstappen crash really woke me up and the race up!
Advertisement
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #127
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 15 Posts
Mclaren / Honda finally got points but in typical fashion only one of their cars finished the race
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2015, 04:52 PM   #128
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Verstappen now, that kid can race! Kinda reminds me of Lewis Hamilton with his brave overtakes.

Lewis got fucking robbed, you gotta feel for him. He was so close to claiming the Monaco win but ended up P3.
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #129
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
I'm a huge fan of Verstappen now, that kid can race! Kinda reminds me of Lewis Hamilton with his brave overtakes.
wut? he snuck in on blue flags...that's cheap...Vettel clearly felt the same way so you could see he slowed down a couple times before going for the blue flag to try and hold verstappen up... and then verstappen was a complete moron with trying to pass on the inside at a corner where that just isn't possible! he's lucky he didn't die or injure Grosjean

I actually really dislike Verstappen after today :/ especially after he tried to blame grosjean for it, his penalty for next race should be much harsher imho

Quote:
Lewis got fucking robbed, you gotta feel for him. He was so close to claiming the Monaco win but ended up P3.
it was hilarious, he didn't have to go into the pits as he's ignored or disagreed with orders before and according to his post press conference interview with Sky he said he was part of the decision making on pitting
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #130

Failed 154 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
wut? he snuck in on blue flags...
Oh ya, he should totally just let the guy have the place.... (sarcasm) At a racetrack where overtaking is almost impossible you have to take advantages wherever possible

Quote:
and then verstappen was a complete moron with trying to pass on the inside at a corner where that just isn't possible! he's lucky he didn't die or injure Grosjean
He was clearly faster and made a choice. You have obviously never been in a wheel to wheel race and none of us have at that speed. You make a decision and at that speed the tolerance is so slight its always going to be a massive risk. You don't think it is possible Grosjean, with an obviously slower car, didn't lift early?

Quote:
Sky he said he was part of the decision making on pitting
Of course he was part of the decision, but the team has FAR more data than he does. They misread the gap to the cars, and got screwed by the swap from a VSC to a real safety car. Everyone up and down the pit believes Lewis was robbed.

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2015, 09:35 PM   #131

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Failed 31 Times in 7 Posts
Streamable - simple video sharing

Grojean made his one move but he chose his line extremely late. It's correct that it's entirely Max's responsibility, or any following car in any racing situation, to avoid contact. However, this is difficult to do when the car in front makes rapid direction change and chooses an earlier braking point to compensate.

Whatever the case may be, Max has a 5 place penalty carried over for Canada.

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2014 Chevrolet Volt - Poo brown ft panel gaps - currently at 588mpg
2006 Honda CBR600RR "LaF'Honda" pronounced la-fawn-duh
Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 02:50 AM   #132

Quote:
wut? he snuck in on blue flags...that's cheap...Vettel clearly felt the same way so you could see he slowed down a couple times before going for the blue flag to try and hold verstappen up... and then verstappen was a complete moron with trying to pass on the inside at a corner where that just isn't possible! he's lucky he didn't die or injure Grosjean

I actually really dislike Verstappen after today :/ especially after he tried to blame grosjean for it, his penalty for next race should be much harsher imho
I don't think that's a cheap move. He's just playing within the rules and it's not his fault that the lapped cars are giving the front-running cars more room to pass. Verstappen is just taking advantage of what's been given, especially on a track where overtaking is nearly impossible to come by(Hamilton on fresh tires vs. Vettel on worn tires)

He saw the gap and he took a lunge into turn 1, he didn't think Grosjean would break as early as he did since Verstappen said he braked at the same time/place the previous lap. It's Verstappen's fault since he misread how early and hard Grosjean braked but you can't hate him for trying to go for it.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2015, 05:39 AM   #133

imo passing on the car moving for the blue flag is like throwing someone in street fighter (old school days) sure you can keep doing it but expect to get punched irl when you do
still remember a guy getting his head smashed on the screen when he was being 'cheap' at station squares arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver240sx View Post
He was clearly faster and made a choice. You have obviously never been in a wheel to wheel race and none of us have at that speed. You make a decision and at that speed the tolerance is so slight its always going to be a massive risk. You don't think it is possible Grosjean, with an obviously slower car, didn't lift early?

https://vimeo.com/128723431

Rich
of course he made the decision to try, and it was a stupid one. Grosjean is slower, on harder and older tires, this should've been known to verstappen yet he still did what he did

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-25-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #134
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Verstappen was great. He provided the only excitement in an otherwise boring race.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:01 AM   #135

Quote:
imo passing on the car moving for the blue flag is like throwing someone in street fighter (old school days) sure you can keep doing it but expect to get punched irl when you do
still remember a guy getting his head smashed on the screen when he was being 'cheap' at station squares arcade
You realize that this isn't a video game and their performance directly affects their lives and career right? Each of those drivers is in that position because they commit their whole lives to being the best. You don't win races by not taking every advantage no matter how small.

If I were a team owner I'd much rather have a driver on my payroll who follows vettel through and tries to make a pass than one who worries about getting 'punched irl'.

Rich
Old 05-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #136

Quote:
You realize that this isn't a video game and their performance directly affects their lives and career right? Each of those drivers is in that position because they commit their whole lives to being the best. You don't win races by not taking every advantage no matter how small.

If I were a team owner I'd much rather have a driver on my payroll who follows vettel through and tries to make a pass than one who worries about getting 'punched irl'.

Rich
Then you miss the point of good sportsmanship.

You're saying he should take every advantage he can, no matter how grey the area as long as its grey, that's fine for you and his fans but my view is that it was too cheap a move and I simply don't care for it, and dislike him because of it (and the crash)

Massa, for some reason, decided to weigh in on the crash... he seems to suggest taking away Verstappens license Massa critical of "dangerous" Verstappen | FORMULA 1 news | Motorsport.com oO
Old 05-25-2015, 08:55 AM   #137

Quote:
Then you miss the point of good sportsmanship.

You're saying he should take every advantage he can, no matter how grey the area as long as its grey, that's fine for you and his fans but my view is that it was too cheap a move and I simply don't care for it, and dislike him because of it (and the crash)
Can you give me an example of the last time you saw any driver, in any race series, not make a pass or give a place back due to 'sportsmanship'?

Rich
Old 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #138

Quote:
Can you give me an example of the last time you saw any driver, in any race series, not make a pass or give a place back due to 'sportsmanship'?

Rich
Give a place back? Sure it happened in the same race... with kvyat and Ricciardo

As for overtaking, most the overtaking has been on the up and up with sportsmanlike conduct... cheap passing like this is a rarity...

but i also dont get the question...when others do the same that should make it okay? no thanks

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-25-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #139

Quote:
Give a place back? Sure it happened in the same race... with kvyat and Ricciardo
Team orders, has nothing to do with sportsmanship. Kvyat was asked to let Ricciardo by and then they swapped back. You're employer giving you an order is not 'sportsmanship'. Multi 21 was Vettel being a shit employee.

On the 'up and up' because race stewards will penalize drivers... Watch the next time a driver makes a questionable pass, they will hold that position until instructed to take it back. It is a job, not a hobby.

Anyways, look forward to the next race. Obviously Hamilton will be fired up, if that is good or bad for his performance, we will have to wait and see.

Rich
Old 05-25-2015, 09:36 PM   #140

We've seen team orders ignored before with positioning, stewards haven't penalized for ignoring team orders (Rosberg last season and Vetter back when Web was stilt around iirc)

And as I've said in the last post just because other drivers may be cheap as well doesn't excuse anything
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #141
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:

of course he made the decision to try, and it was a stupid one. Grosjean is slower, on harder and older tires, this should've been known to verstappen yet he still did what he did
a pass is a pass.. a win is a win
hell even at tbc if someone gets punted while being passed ill push my way through keeping that guy in the wall

why wouldnt a pro driver take advantage of a situation
1 championship point could be worth millions at the end of the year to a team
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 AM   #142

So for those saying that Grosjean braked earlier etch

Quote:

Permane confirmed on Twitter that Grosjean braked five meters later than on the previous lap, and the the stewards acknowledged that evidence.
He actually braked later, Lotus denies Grosjean brake-tested Verstappen | FORMULA 1 news | Motorsport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrx View Post
a pass is a pass.. a win is a win
hell even at tbc if someone gets punted while being passed ill push my way through keeping that guy in the wall

why wouldnt a pro driver take advantage of a situation
1 championship point could be worth millions at the end of the year to a team
Like I've said, I can understand why people would be fine with his sneaking through the blues, it's just an incredibly cheap move imo and I dislike him for it... there are excuses for all acts committed in the world but it doesn't make those acts right
Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #143
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 6 Times in 4 Posts
just b/c he braked 10-15 m later doesn't mean he didnt lift 10-15 m early..
a lift in f1 is equivalent to a brake
ncrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #144
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Failed 14 Times in 7 Posts
DAMN!!! Both Toro Rosso's could have been crashed out of Monaco

[VINE]ebdd2IIiDm5[/VINE]
Old 05-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS PWR View Post
DAMN!!! Both Toro Rosso's could have been crashed out of Monaco

[VINE]ebdd2IIiDm5[/VINE]
Nice car control lol
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #146
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 79 Times in 14 Posts
Old 06-05-2015, 11:30 PM   #147

I'll just leave this here

Old 06-07-2015, 03:36 PM   #148

okay race i guess

shame kimi lost it

and shame the mercs are still so far ahead...thought ferrari were bringing upgrades -_-

honduh

I say the best grid girls so far this year belong to Montreal

Spoiler!

looking forward to pics from the guys on rs over there
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #149
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 79 Times in 14 Posts
I thought it was mostly a snoozefest. I was hoping Rosberg would close in on Hamilton, should've known that wasn't going to happen.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #150

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Failed 31 Times in 7 Posts
Moment of the weekend was when Maldanado spun right in front of where I was sitting.

Absolutely crazy weekend and would recommend it to anyone. I would suggest grabbing tickets on the hairpin or somewhere closer to that side of the track since there's only one entrance to the track and that's the closest section to it. Lots of action at T1/2/3 though. Unbelievable how close Massa and Ericsson came together. I'll have to upload some pictures and videos from the weekend once I get a chance to filter through them all.

noransx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1freak
[24-01, 14:19] mk1freak lots of bdays this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9
[22-05, 23:37] norans also got a pretty douchey white hipster haircut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_BOY
[27-10, 22:25] can't spell ice without ie
2014 Chevrolet Volt - Poo brown ft panel gaps - currently at 588mpg
2006 Honda CBR600RR "LaF'Honda" pronounced la-fawn-duh