REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Mazda Tech Resources

Mazda Tech Resources All Mazda Tech info
THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 08-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 4,049 Times in 1,727 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 211 Posts
Street Unit legit site to order Mazda parts??

I can't seem to find much info on Street Unit Performance. Even from Mazda3 forums.

Has anyone had experience dealing with them? Do they manufacturer their own parts or do they buy from a (cheap) supplier?
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:39 PM   #2
I am Hook'd on RS

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
What kind of parts are you looking for? For a reg 3 or speed3?
A lot of aftermarket parts can be found at Corksport, though some of their products are a hit or a miss and their customer service isn't too hot either. If you're looking for Speed3/6 parts, edgeautosport is the place to get all your parts.
As for SU, I have a friend that has bought from them and has no complaints thus far, but I do advise you to stay away from SURE motorsport products. Had a huge problem with them of on the mazdaspeed forums because they wouldn't own up to their faulty camber arms as they will self adjust the faster you go.
I3Iizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Failed 25 Times in 12 Posts
Street Unit is a legit vendor. They are affiliated with SURE Motorsports. Some parts that they make/sell as their own have some serious issues.

SURE Motorsports - Street Unit- StreetUnit.com - Design Flaws,Danger And Part Failures! - Mazdaspeed Forums

I've bought a Cobb downpipe from Street Unit before, didn't have any issues.
Also using the SURE 3" MAF intake and boost tubes and they are ok.

If you're just looking for regular Mazda/Mazdaspeed parts, check out EdgeAutosport.com instead.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)?

I'm looking for a first gen Speed3 spoiler.
Seems pretty tough to find a good one that doesn't have shitty fitment.

I was planning to get a spoiler for the summer, and now I have 2 eBay spoilers that don't fit well, and wasted 3 months of my time. At least I did get my full refund back though.

Do you think SU can be trusted for their bodywork fitment? OR do they also get their supply from some factory in Asia?

I know it's pretty much a no-no to get body parts on eBay, but I'm pretty frustrated.
I obviously don't do bodywork, but I really don't understand how do parts have poor fitment... Like wtf were they using as a template in the first place when they were making the spoiler?? I get it if the quality is inferior due to cheaper material, but how do you copy the shape wrong if everyone's using the same template (car)...

/rant

Last edited by AzNightmare; 08-07-2015 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)?

Also...

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to paint a spoiler?
Silver colour. If I do get a spoiler from SU, they're charging an additional $285 USD just to get it painted. I'd think it would be better to buy it unpainted, and get it painted somewhere local for well less than that price.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Failed 25 Times in 12 Posts
I don't have any experience with Street Unit's spoilers. Don't ever buy aero parts from NextMod though. I have their CF rear wing lip and it was very bad.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote