REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-10-2023, 09:35 PM   #3076
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Failed 1,062 Times in 190 Posts
This entire thread gives me cancer.

The model 3 is the basic bitch car version of the phone argument.

Just buy what you want, and stop trying to shove Elon/Apples dick down our throats.

Jesus.
Advertisement
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2023, 10:00 PM   #3077
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
Let me start off by saying, I personally have no issues towards Tesla vehicles themselves. Great tech, reliable, fast, vastly improving quality each year.

However, I honestly think the Tesla hate comes out more towards the DRIVERS instead of the actual cars lol.
I see majority of clueless retards with no sense in laws of physics, punching it from a dig and cutting people off everywhere in their base model 3's.

When i see shit like this, i kind of do understand why so many people hate on them... They are the new age BMW drivers
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2023, 10:27 PM   #3078
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
Let me start off by saying, I personally have no issues towards Tesla vehicles themselves. Great tech, reliable, fast, vastly improving quality each year.

However, I honestly think the Tesla hate comes out more towards the DRIVERS instead of the actual cars lol.
I see majority of clueless retards with no sense in laws of physics, punching it from a dig and cutting people off everywhere in their base model 3's.

When i see shit like this, i kind of do understand why so many people hate on them... They are the new age BMW drivers
So much this. It's like all the shitty stereotypes of Corolla/Camry, Audi/BMW, Mustang, and pickup truck drivers all converged into one. Even my wife has singled out Tesla drivers as bad.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 08:29 AM   #3079
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,317 Posts
Failed 58 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
I had a BMW with M package recently as a loaner while I was getting an ICBC claim fixed on my Model 3 and loved the seats in it, easily one of the best seats i've sat in in a car. My biggest dislike with the model 3 are the seats, the side bolsters are too aggressive for someone with a big ass.

I disliked pretty much everything else about the BMW but damn, those seats were comfy.
BMW and Porsche seats are amazing. The seats are a major major selling point for me because unlike the old days, it's not something that can be easily or safely swapped out to aftermarket, which means you better like the thing you sit on and unwittingly interact with the most while you are using the car.

I also call it a subjective thing as what I love isn't for everyone. My brother dislikes European manufacturers for their seats. He complains that the padding isn't soft enough. He drives a Lexus now.

The best seats for me that I can remember are the M bucket seats and the Porsche bucket seats as they give me that tight hug without digging into my ass like the Tesla seats do. Alternatively, the Volvo seats are one of the best for a comfort seat. More car manufacturers are taking this part seriously now as I see Nissan also advertising their seats as well. I hope Tesla would try and disrupt this part of the car's functionality instead doing weird things like the yolk or no signal stalks, spending R&D chasing clout and instead of function.

But alas.... With Elon's track record, god knows if he decides to give you a seat made with straps or something weird......
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 08:37 AM   #3080
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,155 Times in 3,636 Posts
Failed 469 Times in 234 Posts
I also like BMW seats. Especially the thigh extension. For tall drivers this is a real nice piece of kit that makes a big difference in comfort. The manual thigh extension is better than the electronic one as it seems to go out even further.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 08:46 AM   #3081
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
But you miss the Maserati penis extension
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 08:59 AM   #3082
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
The manual thigh extension is better than the electronic one as it seems to go out even further.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 09:59 AM   #3083
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Luv it or hate it ... TSLA went up 10% today !
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:10 PM   #3084

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations on what local companies are best for installing EV chargers in a condo building?

-want to install an EV charger at my parking spot in the building. -assuming that strata gives me permission to get an EV charger installed.

Last edited by pastarocket; 09-11-2023 at 12:46 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:14 PM   #3085

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
I can't believe on a site called revscene people are complaining about panel gaps on a car that would decimate any car we could dream of owning when we where growing up. I'm talking Supra's RX-7s, Type R's and Lambo's.

Spoiler!
Old 09-11-2023, 12:31 PM   #3086
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
I can't believe on a site called revscene people are complaining about panel gaps on a car that would decimate any car we could dream of owning when we where growing up. I'm talking Supra's RX-7s, Type R's and Lambo's.

Spoiler!
Well... it's official. Wife approved the upgrade and I've got a Model X Plaid on order.

It's hard to fathom how far we have come in term of car tech and performance. When the first F&F came out, a 10sec car was a huge achievement even for modified cars.

Now any new supercar are 10sec cars and their higher end V12 powered are all 9sec cars. And there you have Tesla pushing a freaking stock family 4-door SUV that can do 1/4miles in the 9s as well.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:50 PM   #3087
I don't get it

Failed 65 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Does anyone have recommendations on what local companies are best for installing EV chargers in a condo building?

-want to install an EV charger at my parking spot in the building. -assuming that strata gives me permission to get an EV charger installed.
Is the infrastructure in place? For example, conduit and wiring from the building's electrical room to your parking stall?
jcmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 12:59 PM   #3088
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

Should probably try and get permission from strata before you start looking for an electrician. Save yourself some time if strata says no.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 01:01 PM   #3089

Thanked 3,828 Times in 995 Posts
Failed 370 Times in 115 Posts
You can't just decide to put a charger in your stall lol
trollface is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 01:16 PM   #3090

Thanked 1,284 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 28 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
You can't just decide to put a charger in your stall lol
You gotta think outside the box. He can decide and he can try, but may come across some barriers that might be hard to overcome. Or he'll succeed with the installation, but then have some difficulties with keeping it insitu.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 01:23 PM   #3091

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Well... it's official. Wife approved the upgrade and I've got a Model X Plaid on order.

It's hard to fathom how far we have come in term of car tech and performance. When the first F&F came out, a 10sec car was a huge achievement even for modified cars.

Now any new supercar are 10sec cars and their higher end V12 powered are all 9sec cars. And there you have Tesla pushing a freaking stock family 4-door SUV that can do 1/4miles in the 9s as well.
All 3 of these model 3's beats a stock MK IV Supra.

Performance (AWD), 457 hp and 660 Nm: 11.7 seconds
Long Range (AWD), 367 hp and 510 Nm:12.2 seconds
Standard Range Plus (RWD), 296 hp and 450 Nm: 13.8 seconds

Remember the saying. There is no replacement for displacement... technology.

Tesla is the end game for that statement.
Old 09-11-2023, 01:33 PM   #3092
Performance Moderator

Yah it's great and totally unbeatable... if accelerating hard is the what you consider to be the most fun thing you can possibly do in a car.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 01:41 PM   #3093

Thanked 3,164 Times in 996 Posts
Failed 333 Times in 67 Posts
Drop off the kids at 8, hit up a drift event by 9.
https://youtu.be/XGfd-xkBXs0?si=9bnErcSc2jYmyp6W

https://youtu.be/H_AyNQtjOlQ?si=q63mXQuWaeguXQtk

Last edited by tegra7; 09-11-2023 at 01:48 PM.
tegra7 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 01:44 PM   #3094
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:

our strata uses nightingale electric for our EV installs. another one that we like is wespac electric.

like others said, getting permission from your strata is required first.

if your building already has bylaws for EV charging and the infrastructure already there, then it's likely not a problem, you just have to contact your PM and follow the bylaws.

if it's an older building and you're the first one to ask for one, then you're in for a long road and lots of hoops to jump through.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 01:48 PM   #3095
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Congrats on the Plaid, I think they're excellent value-for-performance in the realm of new vehicles. I tried a P85+ 10 years ago in Fremont and that was already mind-bending, so I can't imagine what these Plaids would feel like on a full launch.

I think most of us here agree that Teslas can out-accelerate new ICE performance cars in the same price bracket. The level of performance these Plaids offer weren't attainable short of going well into the 6-7 figures a decade ago, so to some degree I'm grateful this level of performance is much more attainable. Personally, I'm not entirely excited that someone with very average driving skills like my mom has that much power behind the wheel.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 01:54 PM   #3096
Performance Moderator

I wouldn't say $150,000+ is much more attainable for anyone except the same group of people who could afford top performance cars in any era.

It's cool, but normal people are not buying this car and it's just another unattainable fast car to anyone but wealthy individuals. Hehe has done extremely well for himself and can afford it, but he's very much in a minority.

Then again, this is RS.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2023, 02:02 PM   #3097
Performance Moderator

P.S. I hope Hehe invites us to Mission when he goes, I want to see him lift at the 3/4 market so he doesn't dip under 10's without a roll cage and a myriad of other safety systems hahahah would be priceless
Old 09-11-2023, 02:33 PM   #3098
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I wouldn't say $150,000+ is much more attainable for anyone except the same group of people who could afford top performance cars in any era.

It's cool, but normal people are not buying this car and it's just another unattainable fast car to anyone but wealthy individuals. Hehe has done extremely well for himself and can afford it, but he's very much in a minority.
I 100% agree with you and it wasn't my intention to say an average person can pick up a $150k vehicle on a whim. What I was attempting to convey regarding 'attainable' is that the sub-3s 0-100km/h level of performance was exclusive to exotic supercars/hypercars not too long ago, but can now be found in much less expensive (but still expensive) mass-production family haulers.

On a different note, anyone here try a RZ450e yet? Guess they're not doing well if Lexus Canada is offering a $3-6k delivery credit.
radeonboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 02:42 PM   #3099
I STILL don't get it

Failed 8 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
How dare you!

There's no furious in a Tesla. Fast (in a straight line.. and not too many times in a row) but no Furious. How many up shifts can you do in a tesla? You can't make any kind of F&F movie unless you can shift dozens of times before the end of the quarter mile.
Old 09-11-2023, 02:43 PM   #3100

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Is the infrastructure in place? For example, conduit and wiring from the building's electrical room to your parking stall?
Absolutely. EV conduit and wiring are in place. The infrastructure is there in my condo parkade so that EV chargers can be installed.

Again, I reached out to the strata manager already to ask for permission to install an EV charger. Fingers crossed.