REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-24-2017, 04:57 AM   #351
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 22 Times in 10 Posts
I visited a dealership with the intention of leaving a deposit to join a waiting list, thinking that there was surely no chance to get one this year, but perhaps next. After being shown two models that had apparently already been sold but would not be delivered to their owners until the dealership moves to its new location, I was also told that joining the dealership's waiting list would mean I MAY be able to have one in 2020, and that the salesperson wasn't even sure if the dealership was taking any more deposits.

Something smelled rotten.

I took a quick look at the Si, then stopped for the salesperson running after me in the parking lot, only to be told that if I was serious about the car, I could leave my contact information for a potential auction the dealership would have for the cars.

"I thought you said the cars were sold?"

"Yes, to our GM."

While some of you ballers may easily look past these sort of pathetic, limp wristed twaddle techniques to extract us from our hard-earned cash, this dealership will never have my business again (I bought my first car - *sniff* - from it).
Advertisement

Last edited by ScratchedMy991; 07-24-2017 at 05:11 AM.
ScratchedMy991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:09 AM   #352
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 14 Times in 5 Posts
Come on, you can't say all that and not name the dealership
G0rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #353
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Moving = Likely Destination Honda
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 09:06 AM   #354
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 23 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScratchedMy991 View Post
I visited a dealership with the intention of leaving a deposit to join a waiting list, thinking that there was surely no chance to get one this year, but perhaps next. After being shown two models that had apparently already been sold but would not be delivered to their owners until the dealership moves to its new location, I was also told that joining the dealership's waiting list would mean I MAY be able to have one in 2020, and that the salesperson wasn't even sure if the dealership was taking any more deposits.

Something smelled rotten.

I took a quick look at the Si, then stopped for the salesperson running after me in the parking lot, only to be told that if I was serious about the car, I could leave my contact information for a potential auction the dealership would have for the cars.

"I thought you said the cars were sold?"

"Yes, to our GM."

While some of you ballers may easily look past these sort of pathetic, limp wristed twaddle techniques to extract us from our hard-earned cash, this dealership will never have my business again (I bought my first car - *sniff* - from it).

Tell them they can screw themselves!

I went to Kingsway Honda and there was a black type R on the show room floor. It was sold of course. Sales guy said it sold for around $60,000.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #355

^
We should be questioning why these cars that have already been sold are still sitting on showroom floors, and how that thing sold for way over MSRP when Canadian dealers are (apparently) not permitted to do so.

Salespeople have, undoubtedly, been told to size up clientele as potential CTR customers before fully disclosing what's really going on behind the scenes in selling these things.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #356
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 15 Times in 6 Posts
Honda needs to put a stop to allowing store employees to buy for resale.

Id imagine if a Mercedes sales manager did that with a car in demand he'd be looking for a new job!

Some high end manufactures have a no broker, no resale policy. Buy the car, sign a contract to own for a year. Sounds legit to me. Let the enthusiast buy the car, don't let these curbers drive up the prices. What makes me sick is that it's the GMs doing it, so sad.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #357
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that's Destination Kingsway Honda. I've read about it on civicx forum too. My understanding is that Canadian dealers aren't allowed to charge a mark up on a new car.

But like many things in life, there are loop holes. In this case, if the owner/GM decides to buy the car under his name, then sell it as a used car at a higher price, I believe he has the right to do that. Is it a dick move? For sure, yes.

If someone is looking to get a CTR without any BS, may be try the dealership in Chilliwack. That's where I got mine. The one I got was their second unit, and their third unit is supposed to come in December. I'm not sure if there's already a deposit on that one though.
iforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #358
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iforyou View Post
I think that's Destination Kingsway Honda. I've read about it on civicx forum too. My understanding is that Canadian dealers aren't allowed to charge a mark up on a new car.

But like many things in life, there are loop holes. In this case, if the owner/GM decides to buy the car under his name, then sell it as a used car at a higher price, I believe he has the right to do that. Is it a dick move? For sure, yes.

If someone is looking to get a CTR without any BS, may be try the dealership in Chilliwack. That's where I got mine. The one I got was their second unit, and their third unit is supposed to come in December. I'm not sure if there's already a deposit on that one though.
Do u know when is the second unit arrived?
ah gon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #359
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
He just said his was the second unit.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #360

Yea mine is the second unit. It was supposed to come in September but I guess I got lucky that it got here early. No complaint!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #361
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
He just said his was the second unit.
��Blinded
Quote:
Yea mine is the second unit. It was supposed to come in September but I guess I got lucky that it got here early. No complaint!
Nice!�� i made deposit to the dealer at Abbotsford.was told that I'm the 4th inline....if each dealer have 2 available each shipment.i think mine is almost there.btw,is yours R in white or blk color?
ah gon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #362
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
Failed 45 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
pics of ur car? How you liking it so far?

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:30 AM   #363
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 23 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:

That is true, when I went to Vancouver Honda on marine and asked the sales guy about markup of the CTR he said it was illegal or something to sell above MSRP. We should expose these shady dealership practices to Honda and see what they do. Like the situation with the Demon or hellcat dodge decided whoever pays above MSRP will get their car at a later date then someone who pays MSRP or below.
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #364
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
what happens if they can't find buyers at scalper prices? trade it in? part-out the floormats and rear seats?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:17 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what happens if they can't find buyers at scalper prices? trade it in? part-out the floormats and rear seats?
I'm pretty sure the dealer managers that say they bought didn't actually put a dime down on it. Didn't pay taxes or delivery or pdi charges.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:46 PM   #366
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
That is true, when I went to Vancouver Honda on marine and asked the sales guy about markup of the CTR he said it was illegal or something to sell above MSRP. We should expose these shady dealership practices to Honda and see what they do. Like the situation with the Demon or hellcat dodge decided whoever pays above MSRP will get their car at a later date then someone who pays MSRP or below.
Skip Demon and Hellcat

Just go for this

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...234313377.html

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Skip Demon and Hellcat

Just go for this

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/...234313377.html

very cool, but like the new copos and cobra jets you cant drive it on the streets.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #368

Yup, it was Destination Honda Burnaby.

They're definitely exploiting a loophole in some way or another.

The more I think about it, the more disgusted I get with the organization. While a business cannot be judged in entirety based on one aspect of its operations, something like this can say a lot more about how the dealership is run.

At least for now, it's lost my respect, and my business, and I hope it does the same for all of you. And if you ball out of control, I hope that you can appreciate what the Civic Type R means to enthusiasts, that you can value honest business practices; and that you will not engage these clowns in their sneaky, backhanded methods.

Yuck. Just yuck.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #369
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Failed 11 Times in 2 Posts
Check white rock Honda they have a black one in the showroom and a white one on its way in
6o4allmotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah gon View Post
��Blinded

Nice!�� i made deposit to the dealer at Abbotsford.was told that I'm the 4th inline....if each dealer have 2 available each shipment.i think mine is almost there.btw,is yours R in white or blk color?
Mine is white....never had a championship white car...heck, never owned a Type R before!

I think it's 1-2 cars per shipment man. If you are 4th, you are probably looking at getting yours in February 2018?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
pics of ur car? How you liking it so far?
Oh man, it's awesome! It's exactly what the reviews have been saying:
Fun to Drive
Good steering
Feels powerful
Slick shifter
Surprisingly Comfortable (I leave it in Sport mode 90% of the time)
Decent NVH
Looks better in person (i.e. less ricey lol)

I only have about 400km on it, so I'm still taking it easy. It definitely pulls nicely even at 1500rpm.

Here are a couple photos of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggy604 View Post
Yea...sucks for those that really want the car. I feel that the MSRP is part of the reason the CTR is that good. Once there's a mark up, you can start looking at other options....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4allmotor View Post
Check white rock Honda they have a black one in the showroom and a white one on its way in
Have those been reserved by others already?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:01 PM   #371
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
your S looks a suzuki cappuccino next to the R

this must've been how you felt about it after 400km in the CTR

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #372
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
Did Ed Sheeran broom your CTR?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #373
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 13 Times in 8 Posts
Saw a black one on the road yesterday.
It's so quiet...

My 2012 Si had more rumble
OriginalJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:35 AM   #374
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Failed 21 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Mine is white....never had a championship white car...heck, never owned a Type R before!

I think it's 1-2 cars per shipment man. If you are 4th, you are probably looking at getting yours in February 2018?

Oh man, it's awesome! It's exactly what the reviews have been saying:
Fun to Drive
Good steering
Feels powerful
Slick shifter
Surprisingly Comfortable (I leave it in Sport mode 90% of the time)
Decent NVH
Looks better in person (i.e. less ricey lol)

I only have about 400km on it, so I'm still taking it easy. It definitely pulls nicely even at 1500rpm.

Yea...sucks for those that really want the car. I feel that the MSRP is part of the reason the CTR is that good. Once there's a mark up, you can start looking at other options....

Have those been reserved by others already?
Are you using yours as a DD? i have a white one on order... i am number 6 at my dealer.. and they say they are getting 6 in total for 2017.. so there is a high chance i am getting one in the next few weeks.
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #375
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 15 Posts
I have seen both a black and championship white car around, looks much better in CW imo. One was accelerating to merge in with traffic, I was outside and while the driver wasn't beating on it or anything it still seemed a bit quiet.

I want to hear one on hard acceleration or high RPM before judging it too hard, but it felt a little weird seeing a car with such a loud "look at me exterior" having such a quiet exhaust.

It looked like a nice car but I still have a soft spot for the DC2 ITR
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote