REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-27-2016, 05:00 PM   #126
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,278 Times in 589 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 37 Posts
That was one drama-filled race :

I agree, Mercedes should've just let them race it out for the WDC since they already clinched the WCC. However, they still wanted the win for bragging rights and Vettel had the pace to pass both Lewis and Nico.

Congrats to Nico Rosberg though!
Advertisement
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:12 PM   #127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,657 Times in 573 Posts
Failed 50 Times in 22 Posts
Kinda funny with Lewis slowing Nico down, Vettel said it ended up being harder to pass Nico because he could still use DRS from being so close to Lewis
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #128
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,080 Times in 1,921 Posts
Failed 202 Times in 90 Posts
My entertainment for the day has been reading comments from butthurt Hamilton fanboys lol

I'm sure whoever else was in Lewis' shoes would have done the same thing and bunch Rosberg up with Verstappen and Vettel.

Glad Rosberg finally got a WDC Shame that Button's last race ended with a retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2016, 10:48 PM   #129
I am on the internets

Failed 129 Times in 31 Posts
only reason Nicole won the championship is because of Hamilton's technical failures. everyone knows that when it comes down to it, Lewis will destroy him and he has been doing just so, since the latest new engine.
maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 07:15 AM   #130
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
only reason Nicole won the championship is because of Hamilton's technical failures. everyone knows that when it comes down to it, Lewis will destroy him and he has been doing just so, since the latest new engine.

Right

And Lewis could also have not fucked up so many starts this year which cost him wins. But of course, it's easy to forget about those.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #131
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
ham fans like to forget that ros had nothing but problems the last few years when ham won

dont let that butt hurt soak in too much u may be stuck on the other side for good
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 10:49 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3lv View Post
Surprised no one updated today!

Happy to see Nico win. But everyone ragging on Lewis for slowing down Nico is ridiculous. AMG won the constructors races ago. The team had nothing left to gain, they should have shut up and let the two race (short of Lewis wrecking Nico).

Where is the racing spirit? They want Lewis to lose by 2pts and not even attempt to stir it up? Disappointed in AMG's orders.
they had to think about the future going forward, if they didnt say anything about ham playing dirty the whole dynamic of the team and issuing orders could be ruined

nico was gracious though and showed class, ham tried to be nice in the end too, so it makes going forward less rocky

even jackie stewart was like eeeew ham wtf
Old 11-28-2016, 11:12 AM   #133
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 154 Times in 14 Posts
Overall I think the season was much more exciting than I expected. Nico capitalized when he had the chance and Hamilton had poor luck. Nico drove some great races and deserves the title. Looking forward to the 2016 season, with the new cars and especially if this is true:

https://www.facebook.com/F1trollsand...0838138306477/

rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
they had to think about the future going forward, if they didnt say anything about ham playing dirty the whole dynamic of the team and issuing orders could be ruined
I didn't have a problem with what Hamilton did it's a fair tactic and he had to try something, but I don't blame Mercedes for saying something or having some sort of talk with Hamilton after the race, otherwise like you say in the future neither driver will listen to the team.
Remember Monaco where Nico let Ham past? He might just think twice about doing that again in the future
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 03:03 PM   #135

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
Failed 65 Times in 15 Posts
I was happy to see Rosberg hold on to the drivers championship. Especially to see all the crazy conspiracies and things the Hamilton fanboys would have to say.

Hoping for big things next year from McLaren/Honda, unfortunate to see JB's last race end how it did though. Should be interesting to watch Vandoorne neat season, for what it's worth (I think) he captured the teams first point this year?
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #136
private modder

Thanked 2,769 Times in 777 Posts
Failed 47 Times in 35 Posts
I'm a Lewis fanboy only because I can't stand Nico's attitude. He's so entitled, terrible in front of cameras when he's not happy, and easily gets flustered under any kind of pressure or criticism. He always comes across to me like a spoiled brat who throws a tantrum when things don't go his way.

The team was totally naive to think Hamilton would have done anything else given the situation. He did what he needed to try and win the title. If the team has gone on record to say there are "no team orders" then they should live by that rule, especially since the constructors standings were not in play.

To those pointing out future team politics, it shouldn't matter when it's the last race. The politics in races 1 - 20 are always going to be there, but in race 21 that's when you throw out the book and go for it. Like in the baseball playoffs, the starters end up in the bullpen because there is no tomorrow to worry about.

As for Nico showing class this time, well it's easy for anyone to show class when you win the championship. Otherwise you find yourself throwing your hat at your teammate
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #137

Failed 154 Times in 14 Posts
I thought this summed up the ros/ham 2016 fight very well. Really looking forward to 2017!!

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-28-2016, 10:48 PM   #138
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Sure but if he didnt fuck up quali in Baku he might have gotten a little more points as well lol
jasonc97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #139
I am on the internets

Quote:
ham fans like to forget that ros had nothing but problems the last few years when ham won

dont let that butt hurt soak in too much u may be stuck on the other side for good
im not on a "side". Rosberg is a pussy, who cant drive, cant compete, entitled little shit with royal blood (i wont get into conspiracies how they boxed hamiltons car last year at monaco to let rosberg win and hug it out with royalty at the after party. and how out of 60 or so engines this year, only lewiss blew up.. and lets not) and is a general cry baby.

i would rather see hulkenburger, or verstappen or wehrlein or pretty much anyone with him as a teammate to see a real battle.

rosberg couldnt even overtake him on the last race as lewis backed him up and went 9 seconds slower. what a fucking pussy.

lewis is a masterclass, a gentleman, kind, caring, yet will do anything to win. He reminds me of James Hunt.

there's someone else who is, or should i say was, on the grid like that and that's Jenson Button.

Lewis came from nothing and won everything, and that's why he has my respect and admiration.

P.S. also its pathetic how rosberg is copying everything hamilton does on social media, his style, sunglasses, dog pictures.. its fucking sad
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #140

Wow, you mad.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #141

Yeah Hamilton doesn't act like a baby when he loses on the podium at all.. Nor does he throw tantrums, or say ridiculous shit to the media about how it's him against the world
Old 12-02-2016, 05:25 AM   #142

NICO ROSBERG HAS RETIRED!

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ne...mula-1-856112/

Quote:

Newly-crowned champion Rosberg retires from Formula 1

By: Pablo Elizalde, News Editor
1 hour ago
Nico Rosberg has announced he will retire from Formula 1 after securing this year's world championship.

The Mercedes driver made his announcement during the FIA world champions gala on Friday in Vienna, just five days after securing his title.

Rosberg, 31, clinched his first title in Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, beating Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton.

The German said that, having achieved his childhood dream, he felt it was the right time to stop.

"For me it is a very special day to receive the trophy. This evening is going to be amazing but for another reason: I want to take the opportunity to announce the end of my F1 career," said Rosberg.

"Since I was six years old I had a clear dream, that was to become F1 world champion and it was very clear in my mind, whatever I could think, I have achieved it. I will remember forever.

"I have achieved this childhood dream now, so I'm not willing to do more commitment. I don't want to do it again. I have decided to follow my heart.

"I want to call it a day and go on to other things and it feels right to me.

"I feel excited, my wife is excited. Thank you very much for the support these years."

Sorry to put team in "difficult situation"

Rosberg said that his only regret regarding the announcement was that it put his Mercedes team in a "difficult situation" - the German having originally been signed through to 2018.

"For me personally [the decision] is not that difficult, it feels right," Rosberg said.

"The only thing that makes it [difficult], I am putting my racing family into a challenging situation and that is the hardest part for me."

Elaborating on how the idea to retire came about, Rosberg said: "It was after Suzuka. In Suzuka, it became my title to lose - and that is when the pressure really started also, and when I started to think about this: 'If I do achieve my childhood dream, then it would be great to end there.'

"This year was the best I can be, definitely. In the preparation and anything, I put everything into it.

"I achieved what I set out for. It is clear from six years old, starting off in go-kart, it was dream already, inspired by my dad, and all the way through. There it was more a childhood thing, going for that – I have done it and I am so happy.

"At the same time, it was a very, very tough year and I don't want to do that again."

Mercedes seat available

His retirement means Mercedes will have an opening alongside the Briton next year.

"This is a brave decision by Nico and testament to the strength of his character," said team boss Toto Wolf.

"He has chosen to leave at the pinnacle of his career, as world champion, having achieved his childhood dream. The clarity of his judgement meant I accepted his decision straight away when he told me.

"For the team, this is an unexpected situation but also an exciting one. We are going into a new era of technical regulations and there is a free Mercedes cockpit for the seasons ahead.

"We will take the necessary time to evaluate our options and then find the right path for our future."

Additional reporting by Jonathan Noble
Also before Rosberg made the announcement he informed Hamilton about his decision

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ro...lready-856139/

Ham made a nice congratulating post with an old picture of the two of them, and I guess it touched Ros

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-02-2016 at 05:34 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2016, 06:10 AM   #143
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 2 Times in 1 Post
Holy fuk I just saw the news come up on my feed, that was unexpected.
akira112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #144

So just as everyone was giving props to Hamilton for being nice, Hamilton decides to give a comment about Nico retiring, and his first words are

Quote:
This is the first time he has won in 18 years, hence why it was not a surprise that he decided to stop
christ almighty he should've kept his mouth shut while he was ahead with that polite instagram post... -_-

not only did Nico win GP2, he also came out ahead of Hamilton in F3 so....

Ham goes on to talk about how he's the shit http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ro...milton-856219/
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM   #145
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
So just as everyone was giving props to Hamilton for being nice, Hamilton decides to give a comment about Nico retiring, and his first words are

christ almighty he should've kept his mouth shut while he was ahead with that polite instagram post... -_-

Ham goes on to talk about how he's the shit Rosberg's retirement no surprise, says Hamilton
Well you cant really blame him after that last race, pressure was on for sure and Nico did a great job handling himself. To think this is the type of racing he'd have to face, the type of competition he'd be continuously be up against, its no surprise he'd choose to retire than do another year. I think Lewis gave him a taste of what he'd be up against in 2017.

That aside, who's next for Petronas? :O Would like to see Ricciardo progress but I dont see him leaving Red Bull.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #146

Jesus...did not see that coming!
Old 12-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #147

Outside of Mercedes AMG F1 office right now

This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2016, 09:27 AM   #148

Quote:

Ham goes on to talk about how he's the shit Rosberg's retirement no surprise, says Hamilton
Aw come on, Lewis is a masterclass, a gentleman, kind, caring.
At least through that idiot Maxx's rose coloured glasses...
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #149
I am on the internets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Aw come on, Lewis is a masterclass, a gentleman, kind, caring.
At least through that idiot Maxx's rose coloured glasses...
read the whole article dumbass
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #150
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Failed 68 Times in 32 Posts
Would they be able to pry Hulkenburg away? He just signed with Renault, leaving Force India. AMG can continue their domestic pride.

I'm shocked regarding Nico's retirement. I want to see him defend it next year.

Last edited by k3lv; 12-03-2016 at 01:10 PM.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote