REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-03-2016, 08:24 AM   #26
GC8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 1,146 Times in 121 Posts
Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
how about when it snows and ppl are doing donuts etc in parking lots?

no one seems to care.
agreed, he is simply asking if anyone knows a safe spot. Yes I don't want people drifting around on no3 rd but if its some industrial big open area do whatever you want if you get caught you get caught.

only God can judge =P
Advertisement
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,927 Times in 2,565 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
why are you even chiming in. i dont think you can do a burn out in your fixie
but he can dorif-to

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 16 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrophobia View Post
It's not revscene going downhill, it's revscene growing up. The regular contributors to this site are mature car enthusiasts that appreciate cars and the driving experience; go check out the "latest pic of your whip" thread and notice the increasing number of road trip and track days photos.

We (the vast majority anyways) don't go out at night to do burnouts, we don't drift on public roads, we don't street race; if you're looking for that kind of action then you'll have to keep searching. And keep in mind that I'm not trying to play "holier than thou" as we all occasionally overstep legal boundaries with our autos, but this site really doesn't value that aspect of the car scene.
But you also have the other contributors failing and making fun of people like the OP. Instead of doing that, why not educate the OP and direct him to a place where he can do it safely and professionally like at a track. There many organizers that do it at Agassiz like Slammed N sideways and CellBlock D.

Not only does this chase away people like OP, he's gonna go to another forum where they don't care about safety or rules, and worse case scenario, he's gonna get himself and other people killed. What if the people he harmed was someone you know? There's people here that don't want to see street racing and drifting/burnouts on public roads. Best way to stop them from doing it is to keep them here in Revscene and educate them on what's the best solution of doing certain things. Who knows, maybe someone on revscene will organize a drifting course in a safe environment.
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #29
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Yup.

I disagree. Off roading at stave is not illegal, and compared to street drifting, off roading is generally not nearly as dangerous. I think all of us do the occasional highway pull, or attack a twisty road at well above the speed limit, but there's a big difference between those and fucking drifting on a public street.

Also consider if someone wants to go off-roading, there's no such thing as a "track" for that. In the states there's a few off road parks, but nothing within a 10 hour drive of vancouver. Want to drift? Drag race? Open tracking? You have mission, the ridge, orp, pir, pacific etc.
From what OP stated it sounds like he wanted to eliminate whats left of his tires real quick instead of go through all the work to get his car approved for the track. I'm not saying its fine or normal to drift on public streets (quite the contrary, horrible and dangerous) but its a legit question to ask if there are any "open" areas for this. The short answer of course is "No" though. The long answer might be a bit different if someone on here knows someone who has an empty lot where the owner is completely fine with it (hypothetically speaking).

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #30
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
We (the vast majority anyways) don't go out at night to do burnouts, we don't drift on public roads, we don't street race; if you're looking for that kind of action then you'll have to keep searching. And keep in mind that I'm not trying to play "holier than thou" as we all occasionally overstep legal boundaries with our autos, but this site really doesn't value that aspect of the car scene.
Quote:
how about when it snows and ppl are doing donuts etc in parking lots?

no one seems to care.
See the bolded statement above.

My kids like doing donuts in the snow, but that doesn't mean I need to come on revscene and ask where to do them or brag about how I did them. No one here cares, and that's fine.

Like others have said, find a spot on your own and fill your boots (and live with the potential consequences).
Old 05-03-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 90 Times in 16 Posts
It seems like a lot of people did not bother reading the post and just based it on the tittle which is very vague. Again I'm not looking to do this in the street. I'm mostly looking for an open area ie an empty huge parking lot or industrial area that some of you have already mentioned.
I don't plan on getting myself or anyone hurt. It's why I'm asking if someone knows an open place to go. We're all car enthusiasts here and to be honest what's the point of having a nice car if you can't have fun with it.. Might as well buy Prius.
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 12:09 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:
My kids like doing donuts in the snow, ).
The old fantasy garden lot used to be my favourite lot for that
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:20 PM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,225 Times in 1,389 Posts
Failed 376 Times in 130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asma123 View Post
Might as well buy Prius.
If you can't have fun with a Prius, you're doing it wrong.

Hooning Prii was one of the most hilarious things I did while I worked for Toyota a few years ago. Especially when the gas gauge essentially doesn't move.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM   #34
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Driving a Prius is the worst driving related thing I have experienced in my life.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Failed 409 Times in 181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Driving a Prius is the worst driving related thing I have experienced in my life.
Drive a smart car. That 2nd to 3rd shift is the most appalling experience I have had in a car.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #36
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Failed 1,392 Times in 247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Drive a smart car. That 2nd to 3rd shift is the most appalling experience I have had in a car.
/shudders

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote