REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #101
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,777 Times in 1,003 Posts
Failed 267 Times in 76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
My parents ended up going back to the original car with the scratches and hood dent. They already fixed the hood dent when we went back the next day, and it looked perfectly fine with no marks left on it. Parents decided that they could wait for another car, because the replacement car was obviously scratched the fuck up, but it wouldn't guarantee that they'd get one without defects. I laid out the pros and cons of the situation and they just decided that it wasn't worth the hassle.

The dealership agreed to fix the scratches, provide a courtesy car while it's in the shop, lifetime oil change for $470 (down from $799), an additional tank of gas when the first tank goes empty, and 2 more of the Honda wash kits.

We understand that shit happens, but it's how you deal with it that really determines whether you're instilling confidence with us. Had the replacement car been brand new like it was agreed upon then it would've cost them less money. It was really how the financial business manager went back on his word 15-20 minutes after telling us that he'd be able to get us a refund that really fucking pissed us off. I'm sure that most, if not all, of you would feel the same if you were in our shoes.

I have to admit that our salesman, Travis, did a great job at correcting the situation given that he's only a salesman. There's only so much you can do when you have to ask your superiors to help 'fix' the situation that was no fault of yours.

Was our car buying experience enjoyable? Fuck no.
Could they have treated us without lying (business manager)? Absolutely.
Are we glad that we finally got our car and got this over and done with? Definitely.
Finance managers are the scummiest, thats where money is made. The two I've dealt with recently where the most straight up though,

I wouldve gotten the oil changes for free after that bs.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 AM   #102
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Failed 4 Times in 2 Posts
It's out of topic but it seems everyone is bashing Finance/business managers.

For most of dealerships I've been working with, business manager can't do shit. Most of the final decision will be made by Sales manager or higher such as General Sales manager, General Manager, or even dealer principal. Business managers are often the bad guy to tell customers the decision, then sales/sales manager will come out and resolve everything if customers do not agree with business manager.

As for up selling, customers have all the right to say no. It's just like MacDonald to upsize your value meal. Of course there are always bad practice which some business manager will squeeze the product when you sign the agreement. If you have question in mind, read the agreement before signing, most agreement will state that all insurance, warranty are optional. Those products are not required to enter the contract.
Even if your parents do not read, there is always 10-20 days to cancel most of the add-on product that the dealership can not say no.

To the OP: glad to hear everything has been sorted out. Not saying all dealerships are good but at least bigger dealership tend to care more about their reputation than small broker or used car dealers.
Funnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:31 AM   #103
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 95 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
Even if your parents do not read, there is always 10-20 days to cancel most of the add-on product that the dealership can not say no.
Most actually have a clause in the written agreement once you sign that 30 days is null and void and leaving you S.O.L if you change your mind..

Each dealer might be different, but thats why its always important to read anything you are signing.
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:39 PM   #104
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Failed 161 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnel View Post
It's out of topic but it seems everyone is bashing Finance/business managers.

For most of dealerships I've been working with, business manager can't do shit. Most of the final decision will be made by Sales manager or higher such as General Sales manager, General Manager, or even dealer principal. Business managers are often the bad guy to tell customers the decision, then sales/sales manager will come out and resolve everything if customers do not agree with business manager.

As for up selling, customers have all the right to say no. It's just like MacDonald to upsize your value meal. Of course there are always bad practice which some business manager will squeeze the product when you sign the agreement. If you have question in mind, read the agreement before signing, most agreement will state that all insurance, warranty are optional. Those products are not required to enter the contract.

To the OP: glad to hear everything has been sorted out. Not saying all dealerships are good but at least bigger dealership tend to care more about their reputation than small broker or used car dealers.
+1 on business managers being shit. They seem to be the ones most responsible for customer complaints when the car is picked up, and the heat ends up on the service department only to turn it around and tell them to deal with the business office. There are a few out there that have an idea of what they're doing, but way too many overpromise or straight up lie about what they've sold to a customer.