REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,945 Times in 7,408 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Is that a serious question?

There’s lots of people.
It’s a close target (to North Korea)
There are military bases there.

You know about pearl harbour right?
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #27
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,210 Times in 8,399 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
why would anyone want to nuke hawaii though. such a small island
Oh my fucking god
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2018, 08:50 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,849 Times in 3,915 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
not sure if skipped all the socials class in school or just never left Vancouver
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,123 Times in 533 Posts
Failed 71 Times in 38 Posts
North Korea would be stupid to fire anything at anything United States. There is nothing to gain and USA will retaliate with nukes of their own probably
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #30
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,846 Times in 5,905 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
You’d gain infamy in the history of this world. His people are starving and his country is a laughing stock, might as well make a name for yourself
Old 01-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #31
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,216 Times in 1,251 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
This incident is pretty scary not just for Hawaii, but for the world as well. Imagine the US, with a trigger happy leader, decided to retaliate before they realized it was a false alarm?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:22 PM   #32

Why do people keep saying Trump is "trigger happy"? What evidence has he shown to earn that reputation? They've been saying it since the day he was sworn in.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,577 Times in 3,559 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
North Korea would be stupid to fire anything at anything United States. There is nothing to gain and USA will retaliate with nukes of their own probably
If you can't will you might as well make sure the other side pays a price.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #34
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Why do people keep saying Trump is "trigger happy"? What evidence has he shown to earn that reputation? They've been saying it since the day he was sworn in.
I dislike Trump as much as anyone else on here, including Manic and such, but I can't give a shit about this thread and the Trump thread unless there is something substantial against him. The left has been calling for his head since before he was elected and nothing has come of it. It is almost like a tired joke or old meme. After the Hawaiian attack story, I decided to flip on CNN and see what was up. They literally talked about it for 10 seconds before going into the tired topic of Trump and the word shithole, which dominated the rest of the broadcast. Often times this thread is updated and I am just like: "so?!" or forced to play devil's advocate because Trump does something that is, at a glance, shitty, but makes sense when looking facts from both sides. I'm tired of reactionary bullshit. Tired of Trump. Tired of everyone wondering/hoping his latest tweet will get him impeached.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:01 AM   #35

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
If it was Hillary, she probably would have staged her own Pearl harbor by now.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2018, 12:17 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
I dislike Trump as much as anyone else on here, including Manic and such, but I can't give a shit about this thread and the Trump thread unless there is something substantial against him. The left has been calling for his head since before he was elected and nothing has come of it. It is almost like a tired joke or old meme. After the Hawaiian attack story, I decided to flip on CNN and see what was up. They literally talked about it for 10 seconds before going into the tired topic of Trump and the word shithole, which dominated the rest of the broadcast. Often times this thread is updated and I am just like: "so?!" or forced to play devil's advocate because Trump does something that is, at a glance, shitty, but makes sense when looking facts from both sides. I'm tired of reactionary bullshit. Tired of Trump. Tired of everyone wondering/hoping his latest tweet will get him impeached.
My thoughts 100%. I used to go in and argue with the dumb stuff that was just anti Trump for the sake of being anti Trump. It made me look pro Trump though

As much as I disagree with most Trump supporters and Republicans in general, the anti Trump people are just... well they come across as idiots a lot of the time. Making fun of him for being dumb and ugly and fat... Most of these people identify as "liberal" and accepting people for who they are...

Aside from the dumb twitter comments and "shithole" remarks, he's just another republican who does republican stuff. Just another politician. As bad as he is or isn't, depending on your views, he is still probably 100X better than Hilary who WOULD have us at war with Russia by this time probably
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #37
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Well sure he's not trigger happy in the sense that he's already pressed the button numerous times, but it would be nice if he didn't mention it on a fucking whim every now and then like it's no big deal. We get it, you have a button that will start the destruction of everything we know and love, maybe talk about it with a little more respect.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:23 AM   #38

I just don't get how people can sit there and say he's an idiot. I mean, if you don't agree with his policies, or rhetoric, I can appreciate that just fine so long as your reasoning is completely understood.
But to say that he's stupid? Just look at where you are, and where he is.
A guy with a net worth of 5-10b$, has owned hundreds of successful businesses, absolutely no political qualifications, yet beat everyone running, including the "most qualified" candidate, to become the POTUS, and spent half as much money, btw.
And he's an idiot?
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Well sure he's not trigger happy in the sense that he's already pressed the button numerous times, but it would be nice if he didn't mention it on a fucking whim every now and then like it's no big deal. We get it, you have a button that will start the destruction of everything we know and love, maybe talk about it with a little more respect.
And maybe we should judge a method by it's results.
-Norm Franz
Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
I just don't get how people can sit there and say he's an idiot. I mean, if you don't agree with his policies, or rhetoric, I can appreciate that just fine so long as your reasoning is completely understood.
A guy with a net worth of 5-10b$, has owned hundreds of successful businesses, absolutely no political qualifications, yet beat everyone running, including the "most qualified" candidate, to become the POTUS, and spent half as much money, btw.
And he's an idiot?
He didn't start with nothing, he turned a lot of wealth into more wealth. As for becoming POTUS, that's more of the country being full of idiots more so than him being one.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #41
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,188 Times in 3,655 Posts
Failed 470 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
And he's an idiot?
None of these are signs of intelligence. He's just a lucky idiot who's somehow able to con other idiots into thinking he's more than just a hairpiece.

P.s. it helps to be white. If he was coloured nobody would have given him the time of day.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

Failed 40 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
And maybe we should judge a method by it's results.
I agree, but I also think that the phrase, "The ends does not justify the means", has some weight. Though there's nothing that he's done thats egregious yet, well, opening up national parks and monuments to drilling and exploitation. But that's about it. No one is infallible, and he's making good on his campaign promises, so I can't really blame him for that.

Instigating a nuclear war, that would be pretty unforgivable though. Using some tact to defuse a pretty tense situation would be wise.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:57 PM   #43

See what I mean?

Anyway sorry for turning this into a Trump thread.. But really I guess there's not much more to say about this incident. Must have been freaky to have that happen
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2018, 02:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
None of these are signs of intelligence. He's just a lucky idiot who's somehow able to con other idiots into thinking he's more than just a hairpiece.

P.s. it helps to be white. If he was coloured nobody would have given him the time of day.
I'm not saying wealth=intelligence.
But the ability to achieve the goals you set out to do does require intelligence (among other abilities. Especially goals of that magnitude.

Edit: and for the record, I never even said he was intelligent (the measure of intelligence itself is debatable). Just that he clearly is not an idiot
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 01-14-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:01 PM   #45

Quote:
He didn't start with nothing, he turned a lot of wealth into more wealth. As for becoming POTUS, that's more of the country being full of idiots more so than him being one.
If who they elected is the result of the country being full of idiots, than what does that make us?
-Norm Franz
Old 01-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #46
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Yes, we shouldn't forget that the two candidates who got the most push from the shit brained media were the two who got the nomination from their respective parties. Trump just got super lucky that everything worked out for him because he went up against a trainwreck of a deplorable opponent.

It could have very well been another scenario like Sanders v. Cruze but mass amounts of idiots would rather assume MSM is fair and balanced when it isn't.

The metaphorical question on election day was 'would you rather be in a room with a barking dog or a biting spider?'

EDIT: You know there's people out there thinking Trump somehow caused this because of his weak mental state (according to some tabloid best seller)
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
I agree, but I also think that the phrase, "The ends does not justify the means", has some weight. Though there's nothing that he's done thats egregious yet, well, opening up national parks and monuments to drilling and exploitation. But that's about it. No one is infallible, and he's making good on his campaign promises, so I can't really blame him for that.

Instigating a nuclear war, that would be pretty unforgivable though. Using some tact to defuse a pretty tense situation would be wise.
Given the past administration's attempts to deal with this, their results, and the nature of who he's dealing with, what really were his alternatives?
-Norm Franz
Old 01-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Given the past administration's attempts to deal with this, their results, and the nature of who he's dealing with, what really were his alternatives?
Not sure what the last attempts were, but ignoring Kim Jong Un would be a start. He's giving him free publicity.

Other than WWII, I can't think of any US president that has been so eager to use nuclear weapons. JFK Cuban missile crisis comes to mind.

This Hawaii warning couldn't have come at a better time, I think.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Not sure what the last attempts were, but ignoring Kim Jong Un would be a start. He's giving him free publicity.
It would be wise to look into how Bill Clinton, Bush, and Obama have all attempted to deal with this before making any assumptions
-Norm Franz
Old 01-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #50
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
It would be wise to look into how Bill Clinton, Bush, and Obama have all attempted to deal with this before making any assumptions
All I could find was the naval training exercises that South Korea and US were doing in the Korean Peninsula. That really increased tensions in North Korea apparently.

Just read through the whole wiki page. So it seems that Jimmy Carter, Clinton, were in favour of giving concessions to North Korea for stopping nuclear weapons development. W. Bush didn't agree, and waived those concessions. Obama gave them sanctions. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by DragonChi; 01-14-2018 at 04:05 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote