REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-06-2018, 06:17 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 9,994 Times in 3,601 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
The assholes on Craigslist never ceases to amaze me. I had this guy complain about the colour of the car and wanted a few gs off because he would have to repaint it. Im like the colour was stated clearly in the ad along with all the photos.... Why did you even come see it if you didn't like the colour.
Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #27
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
nothing pisses me off more then people asking "what is your lowest price" "what is your bottomline" Bitch my price is fucking listed. I'd rather have people throw me lowball offers instead of asking that stupid question.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #28
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,264 Times in 2,045 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
nothing pisses me off more then people asking "what is your lowest price" "what is your bottomline" Bitch my price is fucking listed. I'd rather have people throw me lowball offers instead of asking that stupid question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Price it a tad higher than your bottom line. You know buyer will talk you down some. Then when you get that number, you are happy and buyer is happy.
It's part of the 'game'. Human nature to want to get a few hundred dollars off a big ticket item. Just play along ... why get all pissy about it? Life is too short. If that question pisses you off, stay off CL.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-06-2018, 08:47 PM   #29

Thanked 3,957 Times in 1,526 Posts
Failed 35 Times in 27 Posts
I’m with jpark on that one. You ask one question and expect my lowest price? That’s what work and negotiation tactics are for. Fucking lazy ass millennials lol
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2018, 09:10 PM   #30
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
It's part of the 'game'. Human nature to want to get a few hundred dollars off a big ticket item. Just play along ... why get all pissy about it? Life is too short. If that question pisses you off, stay off CL.
If it's just one or two people who ask, then fine. But when almost every single person emailing or calling about the ad either lowballs you or flat out asks for bottom line (my go-to response is the listed price) without even bothering to see the car... then they can fuck off.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #31
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,264 Times in 2,045 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
If it's just one or two people who ask, then fine. But when almost every single person emailing or calling about the ad either lowballs you or flat out asks for bottom line (my go-to response is the listed price) without even bothering to see the car... then they can fuck off.
Based on original post, I didn't see it as first question or an email, I imagined it to be a prospective buyer who tested the car, interested, and now in the negotiating stage for price.

If it is a first email inquiry to my posting, I don't even bother replying. Still won't get all pissy about it though. Maybe original poster should learn how to write in sentences with punctuation.

Last edited by whitev70r; 02-06-2018 at 09:25 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #32
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Failed 16 Times in 5 Posts
What about on trading cars as well? Someone offers you a car +/- cash. Would you guys do anything differently?
bomberR17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
When I sold my car a few years back, I originally had it listed for $4500 ... had a few inquiries, not much interest. Re-listed at $4400 a week later, ditto. Re-listed at $4300 after another week and I was getting e-mails like crazy. Had over a dozen people arrange to come view it (of course, most of them flaked). Sold a few days later for $4k.

I couldn't believe what a difference $200 list price made.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #34
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Based on original post, I didn't see it as first question or an email, I imagined it to be a prospective buyer who tested the car, interested, and now in the negotiating stage for price.

If it is a first email inquiry to my posting, I don't even bother replying. Still won't get all pissy about it though.
Heh, fair enough. I've sold more than my fair share of cars and other items online so I naturally went to the email route first instead of assuming it was after a test drive.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #35
no

Thanked 6,061 Times in 1,223 Posts
Failed 221 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:

If it is a first email inquiry to my posting, I don't even bother replying. Still won't get all pissy about it though. Maybe original poster should learn how to write in sentences with punctuation.
Seems like you’re the real pissy one here LOL.

Last edited by jpark; 02-06-2018 at 10:19 PM.
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 16 Times in 13 Posts
I've never sold a used car worth more than $10K. I'm assuming at that price range, most buyers can scrape/borrow that much.

Any tips for selling a car between $20-$30K? I'm assuming most people would need some sort of bank financing which would be more difficult.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #37
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
I picked out my new Tundra, so there's that.
But it's tough to part with my current truck. It still drives so well, and has so many great little things. Like a nicely upgraded stereo, lots of lights, exhaust, canopy, lift, wheels and tires. I could do a few things to the new truck, but it will take time to get it the way I like it.

Or I could just buy a Raptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Will buy today. Have 43ma cash in hand.
We mod cars with cheap pasts.
Mooman Hasaset, ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Why did you even come see it if you didn't like the colour.

Had a guy come out to look at my G8. I told him the three issues the car has. He jumps in with "Well I didn't know the LCD screen wasn't working".

Buddy, I told you it wasn't working. It was the first thing I mentioned after saying "These are the things wrong with the car". I've already taken that into account with my pricing, this is not a point of negotiation.

That's why I still have that car. Also, burnouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberR17 View Post
What about on trading cars as well? Someone offers you a car +/- cash. Would you guys do anything differently?
Transfer papers, and cash.
That's all you would need outside of inspections and test drives.

Quote:
Seems like you’re the real pissy one here LOL.

triggered!
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #38
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Failed 703 Times in 219 Posts
DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:48 AM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,266 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
But it's tough to part with my current truck. It still drives so well, and has so many great little things. Like a nicely upgraded stereo, lots of lights, exhaust, canopy, lift, wheels and tires. I could do a few things to the new truck, but it will take time to get it the way I like it.

I can't believe the prices they are asking for those new Raptors, when they hell did they go up to around 100k? The last gen was around 65k fully loaded, what a joke.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #40
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
I hate the douchebag sellers that dont reply to emails.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #41
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 64 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:

I like Toyota's dependability and resale value but damn the Tundra hasn't been changed since 2007, only added a couple of facelifts. In that time period the F150 was redesigned twice and you'll get more bang for your buck.
noclue is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 28 Times in 10 Posts
Watch out for PayPal scammers. I'm selling a used vehicle on craiglist and they keep asking to pay through PayPal.
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:39 AM   #43

Thanked 9,994 Times in 3,601 Posts
Failed 467 Times in 232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
Watch out for PayPal scammers. I'm selling a used vehicle on craiglist and they keep asking to pay through PayPal.
I'll get on that as soon as the king of Nigeria brings me my millions
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #44
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I can't believe the prices they are asking for those new Raptors, when they hell did they go up to around 100k? The last gen was around 65k fully loaded, what a joke.
werd.
They're nice trucks, but I just priced out a Super Crew Raptor, with not a lot of options at a price of $96,657.

the options they offer are a bit silly too. I didn't want $2500 worth of exterior graphics, nor did I want this $2500 package.
Quote:

The Raptor Technology Package includes:

• Automatic High Beam with Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
• Lane-Keeping System (Alert + Assist)
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Warning and Brake Support
Add $1250 for some carbon fiber bits, and another $950 for a gaudy looking orange stripe in the interior, and you're over the $100k mark.

The standard equipment is nice. But I have to admit, I'm not a fan of a TT V6 in a truck. Three of my vehicles are V8 powered, and you miss the instant torque of a big cube motor once it's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
I like Toyota's dependability and resale value but damn the Tundra hasn't been changed since 2007, only added a couple of facelifts. In that time period the F150 was redesigned twice and you'll get more bang for your buck.
I agree with you that the Tundra hasn't changed much. But Toyota has long been known to constantly improve their vehicles as time goes on. So in effect, they have been making changes for a decade. While Ford has had to throw in 10 speed transmissions and LED puddle lights, Toyota didn't have to go gimmicky because their buyers aren't looking for knick knacks. Toyota buyers want reliability, and that's what keeps me coming back.

I've had Dodge and Ford products in the past. When something goes wrong, it's not a lightbulb or something simple. It's a new rear end, or new front end suspension components. In the 183,000 km that I've had my Tundra, I have never had an issue. It has never left me stranded in Princeton in -18 weather. It drives like it did when I bought it, albeit a little taller and wider. It looks great, and still has some value in the used market.

I have cars that I drive for fun. I need a truck that I can trust over anything. It helps that the TRD Pro are pretty sweet trucks, and have great reliability.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #45
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,598 Times in 4,324 Posts
Failed 284 Times in 130 Posts
If I buy it, will you pay 1yr of personal plates?

WZ HYPZ

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #46
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
1) list it on everything.. crags/kijijijijijijiij/autotrader/wechat/forums
Fuck kijiji. All I got from listing there was a bunch of calls from the knobs at AutoDex trying to get info for insurance payouts. They pretend to be searching for a replacement car for a client. It wouldn't be so bad if they kept track of who they called, but I got calls from them repeatedly for the same ad. I started just making stuff up to give them useless info to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
The seller does not need to go to an ICBC insurance broker.
You do need to at least keep the sellers copy of the form though. Personally I always go so I can ensure it gets transferred into their name and that I won't have any headaches if they decide to not transfer it and do something stupid with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
- Generally I accept or use cash or cashier cheque/draft if I witness them getting it at the bank. I had someone attempt to give me a fake draft once. Bonus points if you both use the same bank and do a transfer in a branch.
Same deal here, go with them if at all possible. I usually exchange the money at the insurance broker (buying or selling) just to keep the two parts of the transaction as close together as possible to avoid risk.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2018, 12:54 AM   #47
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
Quote:

The standard equipment is nice. But I have to admit, I'm not a fan of a TT V6 in a truck. Three of my vehicles are V8 powered, and you miss the instant torque of a big cube motor once it's gone.

You know, I always thought that too, but 480 ft/lb @ 2900rpm at the rear wheels on a Mustang Dyno completely changed my opinion:

2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2018, 12:28 PM   #48
they call me the snowman

That torque curve (can I call it that?) is so peaky, then it drops off like a rock

I'm honestly starting to like big cubes. Add a blower to a Tundra, and you're in similar power territory, except with a starting point of 5.7L

And just look at that torque. Those are tire spinning numbers, all day long.

I guarantee that this is more fun to drive, sounds better, and will prove to be more reliable in the long run.

That said, I'm not in the market for a supercharger, and I probably wouldn't mess with the stock turbos on my daily driver. I still have nightmares of my FMIC hose blowing off at 22 psi on the Rocket Rally dyno. Scared the shit out of me, Pat, and anyone else who was in earshot.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #49
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,229 Times in 4,016 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
You know, I always thought that too, but 480 ft/lb @ 2900rpm at the rear wheels on a Mustang Dyno completely changed my opinion
That sheet looks funky, aren't torque and hp supposed to cross at 5252rpm? Why are they crossing at 3800ish?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:26 PM   #50
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Failed 153 Times in 85 Posts
Quote:

That said, I'm not in the market for a supercharger, and I probably wouldn't mess with the stock turbos on my daily driver. I still have nightmares of my FMIC hose blowing off at 22 psi on the Rocket Rally dyno. Scared the shit out of me, Pat, and anyone else who was in earshot.
Which vehicle was that?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote