REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 04-27-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 60 Posts
fake grass installer

Anyone have a recommendation for an installer/supplier for artificial grass? getting tired of maintaining my lawn
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Failed 16 Times in 11 Posts
you had one job..
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Failed 187 Times in 91 Posts
A buddy of mine did it in Langley. Pretty standard city lot, not a ton of maintenance necessary. He's into his fake grass for $18k. It's not as easy as one would think to make it look good. With what he spent, his looks awesome.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:32 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
I just dealt with Rymar, Rymar.ca

They are located on Glenlyon parkway to have a look at their product etc.

Imo unless you’re balling it’s a massive investment. I’ve got some money to burn for landscaping etc because I can write off a portion but fuck is it expensive..

The install is easy and if you have any know how it’s very possible to DIY. It’s like drywall work or painting a car, the majority of work is in the prep.

If you have a big lawn you HAVE to have proper drainage, that includes PVC runs and catch basins. You might be able to risk it with some gravel French drains but I wouldn’t. These products do not drain or absorb water well there for you need to manage the drainage yourself. Once you’ve got your catch basins in then you grade the area with road base. You then get the turf product and lay it down, pinning the hell out of it with big spikes. Once that’s done you then weigh the whole thing down with this eco friendly sand and you take back against the grain to have everything stand up. I’m sure there’s lots of YouTube videos on the install process.

The cost though is prohibitive imo. Rymar has some of the better prices I’ve seen but it was still too much for me.

For their “#3 grade” which is supposedly very pet friendly and heavy use, I was quoted $1950 for a peice 22’ x 13’ and the sand to weigh it down.

I was able to regrade the same area, have a pallete of 38 rolls of sod delivered to Vancouver from mission, and buy a brand new sprinkler for LESS than the cost of the sand to weigh down the turf.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:24 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,068 Times in 866 Posts
Failed 642 Times in 183 Posts
Anyone ever consider putting fake grass on their balcony in a condo setting?

was looking around on pinterest on doing this. Mostly for better foot feel cuz the balcony doesn't drain well and moss builds up.

Thoughts?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,616 Times in 4,321 Posts
Failed 1,035 Times in 351 Posts
My buddy used these guys and they were fantastic, its not cheap but the quality is great.

https://premiumgrassblades.com
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Failed 178 Times in 60 Posts
you guys weren't kidding about being pricey..
I just got a quote for the front lawn of my place.. pretty small, 330sqft. $5.1k
Old 05-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,790 Times in 5,874 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
personally i'd be weary of any company that doesnt let you buy the product and install yourself. Odd's are the majority of the markup is going to come in the installation in those cases.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:37 PM   #9
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello freakshow , Easy Grasse Installation promises no fuss, just frills, with artificial grass that look and feel realistic and provide you, your family, your team or your business with the best in advanced garden technology. Please visit our site for more information for costing etc..
julierlynch101 is offline   Reply With Quote