REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-28-2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Toyota lease returns

Anybody have any experience returning a Toyota lease and not getting another car from them.

I suppose they will try to fuck me dry for every little dings I have on the car.

I even heard they will ding me for 4 new tires should they be less than 50% left.

Any anecdotes or advice would be appreciated
Advertisement
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 10,373 Times in 3,718 Posts
Failed 474 Times in 238 Posts
That's the usual with all leases.

Usually dings and scratches no bigger than a tennis ball in diameter and brakes tires over 50 percent. If you are worried you should have gotten the wear pass.

If you buy another car from them they usually wave it. Or if you buy another car from the same dealership (openroad, etc) then they can make a deal.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,841 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 370 Times in 115 Posts
Depends on the dealer/car. I had a new Jetta i returned with cracked windsheild, all tires down to 10%, no brakes.

No one said a word.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,373 Times in 4,662 Posts
Failed 436 Times in 279 Posts
Like others have said, what you are describing is not brand agnostic. This will vary from dealership to dealership, and some are more stringent than others. Often, when you are continuing business with them, most won't even blink an eye. This will vary depending on the relationship you have with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
based on my haircut, maybe
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:05 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 17 Times in 13 Posts
Depends on dealers tbh, most of the time they would want to keep your business (ie. -1% on APR for brand loyalty for nxt lease)

If your car is in decent condition, all keys and manuals returned and/or below expected mileage, returning shouldn't be problem. Just make sure you get your insurance cancelled same day as some dealers forget to get it cancelled and you might paying for an extra month.
'98 EJ8 Civic Si 'DatSi' - (Sold)
'11 MKVI Golf 'Dana' - (Sold)

Active:

'18 F22 230iX' (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Don’t you guys dare bid on my gay car. I’ll stab you
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Failed 14 Times in 3 Posts
This is off topic, but when returning a Toyota, check its bluebook value versus the buyout.
My mom drives nowhere, really, and she leased a Rav4 and the buyout was 10 grand (she only put 12,000 KM on 4 years!) and similar ones were going for double that with much more mileage.
Something to consider.

Otherwise, give it back and tell them you're considering another one and ask them to waive any damage on it and see what they say.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:05 AM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 35 Posts
Just an update

So unfortunately my car was damaged in a hit and run. I took it to a shop for an estimate and ICBC has yet to approve the claim. Problem is, I am leaving the country in a week.

An ICBC representative told me that should I have a claim number, I can return it to the leasing company(Toyota), pay them the deductible, and they can transfer the claim to them.

Are dealerships generally okay with this, or are they going to make my life miserable? Has anyone ever had experience with something like this?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote