REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2020, 10:08 PM   #2651
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Well... Ontario has 3x as many people as BC does and Quebec has twice as many

If you want BC to catch up and be in a position to have more say you’ll have to... gasp... allow mass immigration!!!!!!! Lololol
They don't all come to BC. It's split between here, Ontario, and Quebec.
Mass immigration will do nothing to change the fact that not much West of Ontario matters politically. As we saw in the last election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Most people don't go to rallies. Did you ever go a harper or mad max rally?
Lol i don't see any masks. When and where are those from? How many in attendance?
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:15 PM   #2652
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
They don't all come to BC. It's split between here, Ontario, and Quebec.
Mass immigration will do nothing to change the fact that not much West of Ontario matters politically. As we saw in the last election.

Lol i don't see any masks. When and where are those from? How many in attendance?
I don't know and no one cares. Going to a trump rally and spending $100's on knockoff trump gear made in china does not make a person's vote worth more.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:38 PM   #2653
I STILL don't get it

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
When: March 9, 2020
Where: Detroit, Michigan
How many: 2,000+

I hope this helps

Spoiler!

Last edited by ssjGoku69; 10-12-2020 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added sources
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2020, 10:53 PM   #2654

The primaries? Lol.
"NAFTA killed our jobs"- biggest banner in the place
-Norm Franz
Old 10-12-2020, 11:00 PM   #2655

After Gretchen's crippling unconstitutional lockdown's, i feel like enthusiasm for the Biden camp may be slightly lower now in Michigan. One of those states that Trump flipped. Hadn't gone red since '88.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-12-2020, 11:14 PM   #2656
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
How is Biden appealing to those states this cycle? What is he doing different from Hillary?
If the pandemic hadn't hit, it would be less of a "toss up" between Trump and Biden tbh.

Trump dropped the ball, big time. This is why people are jumping on board with Biden.

When Mitt Romney ran against Obama for his second term, he was a good candidate. He was the best person to take on Obama but 30% of Republicans will just not vote for a FLDS/Mormon.
Same goes here for Trump's second term:
Republicans are seeing their retirement healthcare gutted, a poor response to the pandemic, and Trump doing the fucking stanky leg on soldiers graves. Oh, and "Who the fuck cares about Christmas"

Folks may not trust Democrats or Biden, but their hatred for Trump is strengthening.

Quote:
Alright. Show me the thousands of Biden/Harris supporters coming out to show support. Show me the flags. Show me the banners. Show me the huge crowds that he's drawing. He's that far ahead of Trump in the polls, they should be everywhere.
Early voting turnout, in spite of suppression efforts, should be the biggest signal here. Statistically, early voting is a fraction of a percent of voting but over a million have already gone to drop their ballots.

Also, Trumpets are a little more...expressive...than Biden supporters.

Quote:
After Gretchen's crippling unconstitutional lockdown's, i feel like enthusiasm for the Biden camp may be slightly lower now in Michigan. One of those states that Trump flipped. Hadn't gone red since '88.
I dunno man. A significant black population and fear of this militia shit getting worse? That might be a motivating factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Most people don't go to rallies. Did you ever go a harper or mad max rally?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2020, 11:23 PM   #2657

Quote:
After the kidnapping attempt it's probably gone way up.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:41 AM   #2658

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
If the pandemic hadn't hit, it would be less of a "toss up" between Trump and Biden tbh.

Trump dropped the ball, big time. This is why people are jumping on board with Biden.

When Mitt Romney ran against Obama for his second term, he was a good candidate. He was the best person to take on Obama but 30% of Republicans will just not vote for a FLDS/Mormon.
Same goes here for Trump's second term:
Republicans are seeing their retirement healthcare gutted, a poor response to the pandemic, and Trump doing the fucking stanky leg on soldiers graves. Oh, and "Who the fuck cares about Christmas"

Folks may not trust Democrats or Biden, but their hatred for Trump is strengthening.

Early voting turnout, in spite of suppression efforts, should be the biggest signal here. Statistically, early voting is a fraction of a percent of voting but over a million have already gone to drop their ballots.

Also, Trumpets are a little more...expressive...than Biden supporters.

I dunno man. A significant black population and fear of this militia shit getting worse? That might be a motivating factor.

True, the pandemic came from left field. I guess that's what happens when you elect a "bizznismen" to run a country. It's not his specialty. The good news is gdp third quarter report is due to drop just days before the election. I think i read somewhere in the area of 35% growth expected. A pretty staggering rebound. And quite terrifically timed.
I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-13-2020, 12:52 AM   #2659
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
.............. he's not any good at running businesses either...

Ironically the only thing that kept him afloat all these years is revenue from a show where he just sat back and watched other people run businesses... based solely on his image of being a successful businessman... and entirely fake, like all reality TV and like him.

Businessman... lol... I guess you didn't say successful though.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2020, 08:42 AM   #2660

Through his administrations deregulation, manufacturing jobs have increased in key states where they'd seen a steep decline for the past several administrations.
And the silver lining to covid is that even more businesses are relocating back to the US.
Again, i don't see what Biden is offering those states that Trump won over in 2016.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-13-2020, 10:05 AM   #2661
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,105 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
republicans only win when they cheat..

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...-boxes-mailers

if trump wins it's because of the dirty tactics that his party has no issue employing.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:54 AM   #2662

Quote:
Again, i don't see what Biden is offering those states that Trump won over in 2016.
His offer is "I'm not Donald Trump"

Four years ago Trump offered a wall that hasn't been completed (With the parts that were completed paid for by the American taxpayers. And the tariffs on Mexico he said were going to be put in place to make them pay for it never materializing), a plan for healthcare after repealing Obamacare (which he keeps promising and promising and promising but won't explain to any of us because its super secret stuff. but we still got Obamacare y'all), an end to Islamic Extremism in America (ok, he said this in his inauguration speech and hes right, most of the acts of terror have been committed by right-wing Christian-identifying extremists), and get rid of the illegal immigrants (some of which he did. some of which he had doctors tear the uteruses right out of them so they can't make more brown babies).

Federally, Trump has been a disaster.

On the state level, he has failed to bring back coal in Appalachia (or clean coal.. whatever the fuck that is), has been a nightmare for midwestern farmers who are in poor positions to sell their crops internationally, and he has failed to strengthen the gulf coast oil and gas sectors.

For a number of states, Trump has been a disaster.

So yeah, I'd say that Joe Biden's biggest campaign promise is that he isn't Donald Trump. That's what he's bringing to the table.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2020, 10:57 AM   #2663

Quote:
Through his administrations deregulation, manufacturing jobs have increased in key states where they'd seen a steep decline for the past several administrations.
And the silver lining to covid is that even more businesses are relocating back to the US.
The US supposedly has a world class education system and you are braging about jobs people with no education will do for $2 a hour in other countries.

Companies like Google and Microsoft are full of people from other countries like India. Hell the CEO's of Microsoft and Google are both from India.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #2664

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Old 10-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #2665
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
I have never and never will have more than one account here.
Same goes for tattoos.
You backing out?
You do have more than one account. You seemed to stop using BirdDog as of late, though.

As much as I dislike you as a poster, I'd rather not see you permaban.

You're one of the last fools left on this forum fighting the Trump cause, so as much as I disagree with you, it's still fascinating to watch your tireless attempts to defend him and his party.

You're almost a looking glass into the "other side", as such, I'd rather you remain around, if not for the laughs and amusement of your arguments.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
His offer is "I'm not Donald Trump"

Four years ago Trump offered a wall that hasn't been completed (With the parts that were completed paid for by the American taxpayers. And the tariffs on Mexico he said were going to be put in place to make them pay for it never materializing), a plan for healthcare after repealing Obamacare (which he keeps promising and promising and promising but won't explain to any of us because its super secret stuff. but we still got Obamacare y'all), an end to Islamic Extremism in America (ok, he said this in his inauguration speech and hes right, most of the acts of terror have been committed by right-wing Christian-identifying extremists), and get rid of the illegal immigrants (some of which he did. some of which he had doctors tear the uteruses right out of them so they can't make more brown babies).

Federally, Trump has been a disaster.

On the state level, he has failed to bring back coal in Appalachia (or clean coal.. whatever the fuck that is), has been a nightmare for midwestern farmers who are in poor positions to sell their crops internationally, and he has failed to strengthen the gulf coast oil and gas sectors.

For a number of states, Trump has been a disaster.

So yeah, I'd say that Joe Biden's biggest campaign promise is that he isn't Donald Trump. That's what he's bringing to the table.
The only ones who'd be upset by almost everything you've listed, are Republican voters. And the most recent gallup poll shows him at 94% approval among them.

I know it probably seems I'm being argumentative here, but I'm just trying to be realistic.
If Biden can't provide a better alternative to the Democrat voters they lost in 2016, I can't see them coming out to vote for him this time either.
"I'm not Donald Trump" wasn't a winning strategy then and I doubt it will be this time.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #2667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Polls also say that Biden has an over 10 point lead.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...eral/national/
Old 10-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #2668
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
The only ones who'd be upset by almost everything you've listed, are Republican voters. And the most recent gallup poll shows him at 94% approval among them.

I know it probably seems I'm being argumentative here, but I'm just trying to be realistic.
If Biden can't provide a better alternative to the Democrat voters they lost in 2016, I can't see them coming out to vote for him this time either.
"I'm not Donald Trump" wasn't a winning strategy then and I doubt it will be this time.
Not being Donald Trump means a fuck of a lot more now than it did back then.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #2669

What does this guy have to lose voting for Trump a second time?
Old 10-13-2020, 07:56 PM   #2670
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #2671
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
I'm not even going to bother to research if you're telling the truth or not, but deregulation (ie: environmental and otherwise) is not sustainable... there has to be a balance in order for there to be a future.

For example people in oil or coal jobs should know it's a finite employment and if they expect otherwise and don't prepare for that eventuality they're stupid as fuck... same as, say, a professional athlete thinking they can still perform the same past 35... they need to plan ahead to have something else to fall back on when the boon times run out.

You can't count on something to give eternally. Some industries close, others open... deregulation is only good for RIGHT NOW people who want to rape the shit out of everything and take it for all its worth and leave it in ruins for whoever comes afterwards.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2020, 11:30 PM   #2672

YES IM BLACK AND IM VOTING FOR TRUMP!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ump-supporters

Quote:
Twitter has suspended a network of accounts claiming to be owned by Black supporters of Donald Trump and his re-election campaign due to spam and platform manipulation, it said Tuesday.

The company is investigating the activity and may suspend additional similar accounts if they are found to be violating its policies, a spokesperson said.

The Washington Post first reported on the investigation, citing more than a dozen accounts using identical, inauthentic language including the phrase: “YES IM BLACK AND IM VOTING FOR TRUMP!!!”

A review of some of the suspended accounts shows they often used stolen images to appear real. The accounts sometimes claimed to be owned by military veterans or members of law enforcement.
They are getting desprite.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #2673
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,105 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
looks like a very strong possibility of a senate flip.
Tillis is now expected to lose to Cunningham in NC
Ernst is looking like she will lose to Greenfield
Collins is expected to have a sure loss to Gideon.

looks like they are losing their jobs to own the libs, and giving the libs the house and senate and very likely the presidency as well.
this is what happens when you elect trump... it doesn't take that long for the sane people to want things to go back to the way they were.
gop is gonna be left impotent after nov.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #2674

Harris County, where I live, has instituted drive-thru voting as well as 24h voting.
This is a weird area, and has been in the news as a notable site for voter suppression. The GOP twitter account for this county is simultaneously chirping about reducing voting locations/options and how the Democrats are suppressing voters.
It would be super effective if we all didn't have a memory, a scroll wheel on our mouse (to look at what they've said in the safe fucking feed), or access to any other source of information.

Since I just became a citizen (less than 3 weeks ago) I won't be able to vote until a month after I sent in my registration card. That'll be the 28th of October.
Already 170k people from my county alone have cast a ballot. Looking forward to joining them.

Do I think Texas is going to flip blue? Probably not. They've been solidly red since the 90s. Do I think its going to spell problems for the GOP? Yes I do. Ex-Canadian Ted Cruz is up for re-election in 2022 and may face problems if he runs against Beto O'Rourke again. Especially if his fellow Texas senate Republican John Cornyn loses his seat in this election cycle.

Also, these four folks are all over Texas GOP Twitter as examples of Black Republican supporters.

But just these four. lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2020, 11:07 AM   #2675
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Demi Lovato’s powerful song “Commander in Chief”:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk