REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #2676
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,874 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ Oh god now that... that I could do without lol
Advertisement
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:43 PM   #2677
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Jimmy Dore, a progressive who consistently speaks against the establishment, calls out censorship from the Left.
The silence over this is pretty deafening.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 PM   #2678
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/u...k-twitter.html

https://www.engadget.com/facebook-tw...192852336.html

its interesting that they say they need to fact check it, and find the article dubious, yet one of their reasons for "limiting" the spread of the article is because it reveals the private email addresses and phone numbers of these individuals

whats amusing is by doing this I think this article is getting more attention than it would have

not sure if linking the article will get RS in trouble with google? so I wont link it, but you guys can head over to nypost and see it if youre interested

the nytimes article I linked above covers the issue pretty well, and raises some fair points regarding how the details of the post article are suspicious

Last edited by StylinRed; 10-15-2020 at 12:01 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:07 AM   #2679
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Somthing seems fishy.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...te/3655753001/

Quote:
A Wilmington computer repairman who reportedly gave a copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop hard drive to Rudy Giuliani’s attorney, Brian Costello, spoke cryptically Wednesday about his arrangement last month with the Republican operative.

In a winding interview with the media, John Paul Mac Isaac, owner of The Mac Shop in Wilmington, recalled how in April 2019 a man who identified himself as Hunter Biden brought three liquid-damaged laptops to his small repair shop in the Trolley Square shopping center.

Only one was left for repair, he said. No one returned to retrieve it, he said.

In the subsequent year and a half, Mac Isaac said, a “whole lot of” players were involved in the story that ended with President Donald Trump circle’s taking possession of a copy of the laptop hard drive, less than two months before the presidential election.

Mac Isaac declined to name most of them.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:46 AM   #2680

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Russiagate good
Burismagate bad
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-15-2020 at 05:05 AM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:58 AM   #2681
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Somthing seems fishy.

Hello. I am Hunter Biden. Please do a repair to my laptop.

If you will excuse me, I have to go eat some "cheese pizza" now.

Also, Obama wasn't born in America
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #2682

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
That's what the lefties are turning into.

They'd rather believe everything bad about Trump... regardless its veracity, than even having a slight doubt about Biden.

You know what I call that? You are being MANIPULATED. Some even happily so.

This is NOT how one should be choosing which party to support. It's always about listing out everything and analyze on an objective level.

What have Trump and Biden done in term of policy making, how do you relate to them?

What has Trump done that you liked/benefited that you'd like to continue, will Biden change any of that?

What has Trump done that you disliked/harmed that you'd like to stop, will Biden change any of that?

What will Trump do if he gets re-elected and how your life would change given the policies?

What will Biden do if gets elected and how your life would change given the policies?

Then you weight out the pros/cons of everything to make a decision. This is critical thinking.

Why is it that the black race issue is ALWAYS raised before election? Because the black community is EASILY MANIPULATED given how sensitive they are to the topic. So much so that they can disregard everything else.

Biden is ONLY campaigning on "I'm not Trump". That's not enough for me as a politician. What difficult decision can he make on social/political/diplomatical front? So far I've seen NOTHING from Biden. He is always playing the neutral card because it's the easiest way not to raise any polarizing reaction.

It's often too easy to PICK what a person has done WRONG. But the difficult part is to think about what a person has done right and how that would carry out.

I think Trump's decision on Covid is stupid... but it doesn't neglect the fact that he is doing what's needed for China to come to a level playing field. And it's not just for USA either. Now the WHOLE WORLD is realizing that the trend of shifting every production to China (read jobs) is NOT feasible in the long term.

Our PM continue to refuse any action that might upset China when thousands of jobs are lost in Canada every year due to manufacturing shifting to China. JT doesn't care about average folks losing their jobs to Chinese... he only cares about how big corporations can benefit by selling resources to China. And what do we Canadian get in return? Having to spend billions of dollars on cleanups and many young people can only find jobs flipping burgers.

When picking a representative, it's not about who did less wrong... it's about who can do more rights.

Last edited by Hehe; 10-15-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #2683

https://www.grandforksherald.com/new...ed-of-COVID-19

Quote:
A Republican candidate for the North Dakota House of Representatives died from COVID-19 on Monday, Oct. 5, a month out from Election Day and with no way to replace his name on the November ballot.
He was a trump supporter, so why didn't trump hook him up with the good drugs.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:09 AM   #2684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Our PM continue to refuse any action that might upset China when thousands of jobs are lost in Canada every year due to manufacturing shifting to China. JT doesn't care about average folks losing their jobs to Chinese... he only cares about how big corporations can benefit by selling resources to China. And what do we Canadian get in return? Having to spend billions of dollars on cleanups and many young people can only find jobs flipping burgers.
You want to work in a manufacturing job? We have a number of industries in Canada that have a shortage of workers.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:27 AM   #2685
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
When picking a representative, it's not about who did less wrong... it's about who can do more rights.
This is a dumb take. You said it yourself:

Quote:
Then you weight out the pros/cons of everything to make a decision. This is critical thinking.
How is looking at only who can do more right, but not considering who did less wrong, considered critical thinking?

Sure you can say Trump has done more 'things' in his term, some of which may be 'right' to a certain group of the American population. But the magnitude of the wrongs that took place in the wake of his actions is tremendous. How can you overlook that?

So many of these decisions there is often not even a 'right' answer, and if there is, it's only benefiting a small subset of the population. It may be naiive, but my belief of a leader is to make these difficult decisions that has the most stable outcome for the good of the population. This often means not choosing a clear 'right' answer.

Whereas Trump's approach is to do what is 'right' to the group that will help him win, regardless of how much it fucks over the rest of the population.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 01:22 PM   #2686
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
Hehe is not entirely wrong thou, he is literally saying support which ever politician give YOU the most gain.

He has express many time why exactly he is a such a feverish supporter of Trump.
The stock market, the real estate business. I thought it’s very obvious and quite stereotypical why Hehe is such an avid supporter.

Trump’s policies does benefit a specific group of people. You just have to be part of that group to understand why they are singing his praise....

It’s interested also how Hehe is also so anti China. Is Hehe from Taiwan? Is Hehe’s family personally persecuted? Maybe he has business that is in direct competition with China? Maybe he can fill us in here.

His statement of “don’t look at what they did wrong, look at what they did right” can completely be apply to CCP and it’s subject.

On another parallel universe. I can see Hehe being born on a different side of history. He could very well be spinning the same exact narrative he has for trump for the CCP becuase guess what CCP’s policies benefits him.

It’s not about who did less wrong. It’s about who does more right for YOUR wallet.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #2687

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
Hehe is not wrong thou, he is literally saying support which ever politician give YOU the most gain.

He has express many time why exactly he is a such a feverish supporter of Trump.
The stock market, the real estate business. I thought it’s very obvious and quite stereotypical why Hehe is such an avid supporter.

Trump’s policies does benefit a specific group of people. You just have to be part of that group to understand why they are singing his praise....
That is a valid perspective, but that is essentially the classic example of basic personal politics and philosophies, which is not universal the level in which you care about 'Me' vs 'We'.

For me the cognitive dissonance comes from the fact that a large part of Trump's base that he panders to in his campaign (low-income, manual labourers, etc), is the same group that is significantly hurt by many of his decisions.

There is no personal benefit for them, at least in terms of what I see as valuable. Maybe they do value nationalism and white supremacy over healthcare and their individual livelihoods; it wouldn't be wrong, it's just their value system.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #2688
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Billionaires: We've never been richer! Trump is great!

Everyone else: I'm broke and homeless now

Bootlickers: I'm broke and homeless now. Trump is great!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 03:53 PM   #2689
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,343 Posts
Failed 140 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
That is a valid perspective, but that is essentially the classic example of basic personal politics and philosophies, which is not universal the level in which you care about 'Me' vs 'We'.

For me the cognitive dissonance comes from the fact that a large part of Trump's base that he panders to in his campaign (low-income, manual labourers, etc), is the same group that is significantly hurt by many of his decisions.

There is no personal benefit for them, at least in terms of what I see as valuable. Maybe they do value nationalism and white supremacy over healthcare and their individual livelihoods; it wouldn't be wrong, it's just their value system.

For these kind of people as long as someone is "sticking it to the Libs" then they're deserving of their vote. The US has completely and utterly split itself culturally down an imaginary middle and this is just the result of decades of this.

I've stated this enough times here that Hehe is a dabbling Libertarian and a CINO (Conservative in-name-only). A classic Conservative would reject wholeheartedly many of Trump's policies. He really only has considers viewpoints and provides compassion to those who have the same life experiences that he does.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 03:56 PM   #2690
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
So is this Hunter situation going to slow-drag Biden down like the email scandal for Hilary? If everything that's been alleged is true, it is pretty damaging to Biden, at least in the general public's eye. His personal family cashing in millions through Biden's vice-presidency? How's that any different from Trump's family and friends cashing in millions through Trump? Once Biden is 'perceived' to be at the same low level as Trump, he has nothing to stand on. The strategy of "I am not Trump" is being weakened. If both candidates seem incompetent and corrupt, people might as well vote for the party they like. I am interested to see how Biden campaign responds. Will they repeat the same mistake as Hilary's dealing with the email scandal?

-------------------

Hunter Biden, Burisma, and Corruption: The Impact on U.S. Government Policy and Related Concerns

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/med...port_FINAL.pdf

U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
U.S. Senate Committee on Finance Majority Staff Report

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Spoiler!
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:01 PM   #2691
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
I doubt the Biden Ukraine scandal will affect him much, bcuz the story is somewhat stifled, which has caused supporters of Biden to say "has to be fake or else FB/Twitter wouldn't block it" but we'll see how things roll out this next week

I know the anti-china Chinese news are pro trump, and they're running the Biden story a lot, but they don't make up a big proportion of us voters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Billionaires: We've never been richer! Trump is great!

Everyone else: I'm broke and homeless now

Bootlickers: I'm broke and homeless now. Trump is great!
Ehh he did add 7million jobs pre-covid

And they've been adding millions of jobs "post" covid fallout
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:16 PM   #2692
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
LOL I think Twitter and FB are getting hurt more by the Hunter Biden incident than Joe Biden is.

And if Trump ends up winning the election, I bet there is a good chance the Trump gov will find ways to cause them a good amount of suffering.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #2693

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Ehh he did add 7million jobs pre-covid
Yes he absolutely did:

Quote:
Employment —Total nonfarm employment grew by nearly 6.7 million since the president took office, according to the most recent figures available from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

That continued an unbroken chain of monthly gains in total employment that started in October 2010. The economy has now added jobs every month for more than nine years, including the first two years and 11 months of the Trump administration.
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/tr...y-2020-update/
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 05:03 PM   #2694
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,913 Times in 7,397 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
I'm not saying I know, genuinely asking the question.
How many of those jobs are truly gainful employment that can afford people the increase in the cost of living and real estate prices?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 05:26 PM   #2695
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
Anyone bet on politics? Was checking betting odds and it seems like everyone is convinced that it will be a solid win by Biden.

FiveThirtyEight: 87% Biden / 13% Trump
PredictIt: 63% Biden / 37% Trump

But comparing these the odds against the past odds leading up to election in 2016, it seems like Trump has better chance this time?

PredictIt, an online trading platform jointly run by Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand, and Washington, D.C.-based political consulting firm Aristotle International Inc:

Clinton - 81 percent
Trump - 20 percent

Iowa Electronic Markets, winner-takes-all trading market:

Clinton - 71 percent
Trump - 28 percent

UK-based Betfair, internet betting exchange:

Clinton - 83 percent
Trump - 18 percent

UK-based Ladbrokes, online betting platform:

Clinton - 83 percent
Trump - 22 percent

Ireland’s Paddy Power, bookmaker:

Clinton - 83 percent
Trump - 18 percent
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:33 PM   #2696

They really underestimated how much people hated Clinton, and at the same time didn't know much about how bad Trump could be.

I feel like now, people don't hate Biden, so much as they think he won't be a total disaster. And they now know Trump is a total disaster

Still, there's enough dumb people and boot lickers out there in these swing states (we even have some here), so I wouldn't be 100% confident in betting.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #2697

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
LOL I think Twitter and FB are getting hurt more by the Hunter Biden incident than Joe Biden is.

And if Trump ends up winning the election, I bet there is a good chance the Trump gov will find ways to cause them a good amount of suffering.
Oh i think this definitely hurts Biden more. Considering they are censoring on the Democrat party's behalf.

Looks like NYP will be slow dripping these emails. China ties this time. Sure there's a lot of these waiting.
October surprise.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/15/emails...-chinese-firm/

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-15-2020 at 06:10 PM.
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:34 PM   #2698
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Oh i think this definitely hurts Biden more. Considering they are censoring on the Democrat party's behalf.

Looks like NYP will be slow dripping these emails. China ties this time. Sure there's a lot of these waiting.
October surprise.
Lol. So where were you for all of Trump's scandals? Ah yes... Fake news, right.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #2699

Do you denounce white supremacy?

ANTIFA

Do you denounce Proud Boys?

ANTIFA STAND BY

Do you denounce QAnon?

ANTIFA

This post thanked by: