REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #2751
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Taiwan also had test and trace, mandatory quarantine, masking, and a healthy respect for the virus since day 0. It also did not restrict flights early. I know this because my dad connected through TPE in April.

I don't know what you're trying to get at here. You've picked an odd hill to die on.
The point is you can't just compare two countries and say it was a negligible measure based solely off the rates of infection. There are many other variables that can account for that.
If it was negligible why did Canada adopt the same policy? Albeit quite later.
If travel restrictions are a negligible measure why are they being imposed at our border?
They're not negligible. Unless Trump imposes them.
Advertisement
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #2752
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
That's absolutely true, it's also true that Biden supporters are doing the exact same thing, they immediately deny/doubt the Biden leaks, and won't even give it attention, it's a scary situation when both sides feel like they're 100% in the right, and just turn on the blinders when potential doubt in their belief appears
tbf the "leaks" don't seem to be terribly equivalent. Granted I don't dig into them much but from the sounds of it this laptop one for example falls apart very easily.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #2753

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
The whole laptop repair story is B.S.

Thats Rudy with a chineese fugitive billionaire

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-videos.html

Quote:
Steve Bannon boasted 'I have Hunter's hard drive' two weeks before its secrets were revealed - and allies of billionaire Chinese fugitive who pays Bannon and partied with Rudy Giuliani hinted at 'sex and money scandal' late in September too
Making fun of Biden because his son use to be on crack only helps Biden. Who doesn't know someone who has had a drug problem?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:02 PM   #2754
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Edit: ^^^^ oh wow wonder if some Chinese firms got involved, passing files over taken from bidens phone/apps in exchange for leniency of sanctions oooOoo that rabbit hole may be more entertaining than some series' out now

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
tbf the "leaks" don't seem to be terribly equivalent. Granted I don't dig into them much but from the sounds of it this laptop one for example falls apart very easily.
Yeah that's why there are conspiracy theories that trumps team had hunter bidens emails/phone hacked

And looking at the details of the leaks that seems more likely bcuz supposedly there are text message transcripts between his daughter n him, and lots of selfies... Why would his laptop have all that
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:22 PM   #2755

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Jimmy Dore with another good one.
The late David Graeber sums up the US 2 party system while Chomsky has gone from authoring Manufactured Consent to telling people to vote for the establishment.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:47 PM   #2756
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Edit: ^^^^ oh wow wonder if some Chinese firms got involved, passing files over taken from bidens phone/apps in exchange for leniency of sanctions oooOoo that rabbit hole may be more entertaining than some series' out now

Yeah that's why there are conspiracy theories that trumps team had hunter bidens emails/phone hacked

And looking at the details of the leaks that seems more likely bcuz supposedly there are text message transcripts between his daughter n him, and lots of selfies... Why would his laptop have all that
I mean, my laptop has all the information from my phone on it. Texts, contacts, photos, etc.
I still really don't give a fuck how much coke hunter Biden is snorting, or what the fuck he's doing though. He's not the president.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2020, 11:19 PM   #2757

Really? I must be so out of the loop with tech, my laptop doesn't have any of that

Point isn't hunter bidens crack habit, and how it's connected to his dad, it's about how hunters job had his dad doing things for him, like call for the firing of the Ukrainian prosecutor

The personal details photos/files/txt messages/journals/etc just went to legitimize the authenticity of the ownership/source of the files since people are still claiming its all made up /shrug
Old 10-17-2020, 01:14 AM   #2758
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
HOW MANY TIMES... does it have to be said/pointed out... that the Ukraine prosecutor was requested to be fired because he WASN'T doing his job and was taking payments from people.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 AM   #2759

I don't think you could find a better candidate to put on a board of directors to a multibillion dollar energy firm than a well known long-term drug addict whose father is the VP and head of relations between that country and the US.

Even if the allegations are completely false, on its face that is a PR nightmare in the most basic form.

I see now they're going with the tried and (un)true "Russians did it" conspiracy.
They must be extremely desperate to be that bold.
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 10-17-2020 at 04:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:57 AM   #2760
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
That's absolutely true, it's also true that Biden supporters are doing the exact same thing, they immediately deny/doubt the Biden leaks, and won't even give it attention, it's a scary situation when both sides feel like they're 100% in the right, and just turn on the blinders when potential doubt in their belief appears
Agree 100%, hatred for Trump is turning a lot of people into believing that Biden has 0 level of the same corruption that Trump has. I highly doubt it.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:37 AM   #2761
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:

The personal details photos/files/txt messages/journals/etc just went to legitimize the authenticity of the ownership/source of the files since people are still claiming its all made up /shrug
Do you have a link for this and how they authenticated it? I am legitimately curious not a rhetorical question.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #2762
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Lol revscene related, those militia nutjobs who were planning on abducting that democratic politician were training to do so in a PT Cruiser

https://twitter.com/ReardonReports/s...038217728?s=19
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #2763
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,418 Times in 863 Posts
Failed 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
I don't think you could find a better candidate to put on a board of directors to a multibillion dollar energy firm than a well known long-term drug addict whose father is the VP and head of relations between that country and the US.

Even if the allegations are completely false, on its face that is a PR nightmare in the most basic form.

I see now they're going with the tried and (un)true "Russians did it" conspiracy.
They must be extremely desperate to be that bold.
Lol. So filling the White House positions with literally your entire family and buddies isn't?

Or does that not matter because LiBeRaL sNoWfLaKeS?
Old 10-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #2764

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Do you have a link for this and how they authenticated it? I am legitimately curious not a rhetorical question.
I believe the nypost mentions contacting persons Hunter had discussions with, in the emails/text messages, in an attempt to authenticate the files. iirc they either got no response, and one? person who said they recalled having long discussions with Hunter at the time referenced, but couldn't remember the subject matter (tbf Ive only looked at the articles passingly, just stirring the pot here )

The Post also claim that none of the Biden camp have denied the authenticity of the files on the hard drive, as a sign of confirmation the files are legit.

They point out that the Biden camp have only stated that Joe Biden didn't meet with burisma reps according to his official schedule, and if the hard drive was in doubt, they would say so

Joe Biden was asked about the post articles yesterday, according to the nypost, by a cbs reporter, and Biden said no comment and got mad at the reporter
Old 10-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #2765
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
It's not illegal, first amendment protects The Times from posting such information, the public have every right to such information during a campaign.

https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analys...s-tax-returns/

“First Amendment law could hardly be clearer than that the press is protected in publishing newsworthy information, let alone information about a President in the midst of his campaign for re-election, regardless of whether its source was authorized or permitted to provide it,” Abrams said. “In any event, no law barred the Times from publishing its article and if there had been one it would in all likelihood be unconstitutional.”
A big takeaway from this, that we should ALL be concerned about regardless of our political views, is that social media monopolies have been heavily censoring information and posts by their users. It's been going on for a while and has continued to get worse and worse. Twitter has really stepped in it now by blocking the sharing of the NY Post article on the Biden corruption and the CEO has been subpoenaed. Facebook/Instagram is equally as guilty in their violations of the Constitution in the US and Freedom of Speech laws here in Canada. Like it or not this IS election interference and these corporations and their platforms are violating freedom of speech laws. It has to stop.

I wish people paid as much attention to Canadian politics as they do the soap opera that the US has become. We have just as much corruption, fraud, embezzlement, and nepotism occurring right here at home in the PM's office. The investigations, court rulings, and decisions that happen in Ottawa affect us far greater than Washington. Your vote only counts here. Just saying...

Last edited by JDął; 10-17-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Derped in a hurry, meant Constitution not 1st Amendment
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #2766

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
A big takeaway from this, that we should ALL be concerned about regardless of our political views, is that social media monopolies have been heavily censoring information and posts by their users. It's been going on for a while and has continued to get worse and worse. Twitter has really stepped in it now by blocking the sharing of the NY Post article on the Biden corruption and the CEO has been subpoenaed. Facebook/Instagram is equally as guilty in their violations of the 1st Amendment in the US and Freedom of Speech laws here in Canada.
You don't understand the 1st amendment.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #2767

https://cbs12.com/news/local/chinese...ng-he-disputes

Quote:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fl. — A Chinese billionaire and Mar-a-lago member was accused of working as a spy for China’s communist government in a federal court filing, Friday.

Guo Wengui is a fugitive from the Chinese government and has been critical of the communist regime. But a civil court filing about a business deal that Guo reportedly helped broker claims that he has previously pledged to support Chinese President Xi Jinping. The pleading them alleges that he is an agent of the Chinese government.

Guo has made several visits to President Trump’s Palm Beach club, taking pictures there in the hotel’s lobby and walking the grounds.

Here he is with Bannon.

Old 10-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #2768
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
How people still don’t understand that it’s not a private companies responsibility to provide you with a platform for your free speech is mind boggling.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #2769

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Lol. So filling the White House positions with literally your entire family and buddies isn't?

Or does that not matter because LiBeRaL sNoWfLaKeS?
Yes everyone is well aware of the Trump family's implied conflicts of interest. The media has reported on it vociferously from prior to him taking office, all the way up to last week.
They certainly didn't ignore, censor, or bury those implications.
-Norm Franz
Old 10-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
HOW MANY TIMES... does it have to be said/pointed out... that the Ukraine prosecutor was requested to be fired because he WASN'T doing his job and was taking payments from people.
That's what Biden says.
According to Shokins testimony he was fired because Biden didn't want him investigating Burisma.
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign...-ukraine-story
-Norm Franz
Old 10-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #2771

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Yes everyone is well aware of the Trump family's implied conflicts of interest. The media has reported on it vociferously from prior to him taking office, all the way up to last week.
They certainly didn't ignore, censor, or bury those implications.
How did fox news, breitbart or any other other right wing media orginization report on them?
Old 10-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #2772
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Jesus Christ, I can't believe this is even being debated here.

Computer shops don't just go through all the emails on computers which are left at their location. If they couldn't contact the original owner, they would've wiped or replaced the drive, and resold the computer.

What is with people's amnesia? Giuliani has been meddling in Ukraine and with Russian outsiders for years now, this entire story has no legs. Have you seen any of these emails, has any of this been proven and confirmed? Of course not. This is the typical Roy Cohn style of defamation tactics, make up a bold faced lie and continue to argue that lie to the bitter end. Eventually it becomes of the lexicon of thought, and here we are debating about Hunter Biden again.

Hunter Biden is not running for president. If we want to discuss nepotism in the Trump administration, look no further than his children. More so, nepotism is rampant within the Republican party, look at the Iowa "mafia" and their direct links with Trump and ZTE:

https://theintercept.com/2020/10/15/...na-ambassador/

Trump literally gave the Chinese ambassador position to one of his rich donor's son with direct financial ties to China.

The reality is, whether left or right, nepotism exists in politics, in business, in pretty much every facet of our society. Is it right? Hell no, but let's not pretend Hunter Biden is some type of aberration here. In business a notable last name can mean everything, this is the world we live in. This whole Ukraine story is a nothing burger, the same way Trudeau's wife can be paid to give speeches, companies can, and will pay for a name.

You have to be facetious if you're claiming to have an issue with Hunter Biden's work in Ukraine, and yet have no issues with Trump appointing his entire family to high level cabinet positions, including one's that couldn't even qualify for security clearance because of his ties to foreign money (Jared Kushner).

If this is Trump's October surprise, boy it's a weak one.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 01:31 PM   #2773
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Don't take the bait boys. Trump and his supporters deflecting and taking the conversation away from the out of control record breaking covid cases and deaths
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #2774
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How people still don’t understand that it’s not a private companies responsibility to provide you with a platform for your free speech is mind boggling.
The platforms have grown far beyond their original peer-to-peer intention. 40% of Americans get their daily news through social media platforms rather than from "traditional sources". That number is only going to continue to grow. It's about the spirit of the law, especially when it comes to federal election interference.

I don't support either candidate, either way America loses.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2020, 01:55 PM   #2775

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
The platforms have grown far beyond their original peer-to-peer intention. 40% of Americans get their daily news through social media platforms rather than from "traditional sources". That number is only going to continue to grow. It's about the spirit of the law, especially when it comes to federal election interference.

I don't support either candidate, either way America loses.
Again you don't understand the 1st amendment. You have a right to fredom of speach but it does not guarantee an audiance. The Newyork times has 6 million paid subs and gets 2.5 billion page views a month.