REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:09 PM   #3376
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,377 Times in 2,402 Posts
Failed 390 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
If this gets dragged out through the courts past, i believe, December 13th, and 270 electoral votes have not been achieved by then, this scenario could play out.
Strong possibility PA will be called tonight for Biden. GA is heading Biden's way but they'll be an automatic re-count. AZ looks strong but slightly leaning towards Trump in the latest dump of votes. NV looks safe for Biden. There's no path for Trump to win.

And the threat about suing is horseshit. In PA they might claim voter fraud or fake ballots but they need evidence and they have none. They might go after the late ballots again but the late ballots make a tiny friction of the vote in PA so it won't change the outcome. Biden is heading to the WH.
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:14 PM   #3377
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
At the end of it all, it doesn't matter how Biden wins, how much he wins by, or what states he claims.
The whole world should be worried and disgusted that 48% of Americans voted for this bad joke thats spent 4 years proving himself a failure.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #3378
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Be patient, I don't think it will take until December 31. We knew from early on after seeing how close it was that we probably wouldn't know for sure until the weekend at minimum.

Trump tried to cheat and interfere, but judges blocked him because he has no power. He thinks he's in another country. So I think they're going to count all the votes, and the correct person under the current electoral rules (which need to be changed) will be elected

The question is, what happens after Trump's trumptards have been incited to violence the entire time? Not all trumptards are merely pests on internet forums.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #3379

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
At the end of it all, it doesn't matter how Biden wins, how much he wins by, or what states he claims.
The whole world should be worried and disgusted that 48% of Americans voted for this bad joke thats spent 4 years proving himself a failure.
A lot of people vote along party lines even though they might not like the leader.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:33 PM   #3380
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
A lot of people vote along party lines even though they might not like the leader.
That's no excuse though, automatically voting for your colour even though a piece of shit is on the ballot is just as worrisome.

The small silver lining is that trump was SO bad prominent republicans outright said they'd vote for Biden. Whether they did or not, we'll never know, but at least they said it publicly.

Also fuck Mitch McConnell.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2020, 10:38 PM   #3381

Quote:
That explains it, it doesn't excuse it
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2020, 10:40 PM   #3382
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,872 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

What trump supporters are thinking.
Can't run for president from jail / with a criminal conviction lol
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2020, 10:50 PM   #3383
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2020, 10:54 PM   #3384
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,842 Times in 3,881 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Quote:

Btw, any updates on the guy who bet $5million on Trump getting re-elected? I'm sure he has money to blow but it's gotta sting a little.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:16 PM   #3385

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Be patient, I don't think it will take until December 31. We knew from early on after seeing how close it was that we probably wouldn't know for sure until the weekend at minimum.

Trump tried to cheat and interfere, but judges blocked him because he has no power. He thinks he's in another country. So I think they're going to count all the votes, and the correct person under the current electoral rules (which need to be changed) will be elected

The question is, what happens after Trump's trumptards have been incited to violence the entire time? Not all trumptards are merely pests on internet forums.
The big dump of votes from PA was suppose to happen tonight but it'll happen tomorrow which will give Biden the win which right now looks like a 40,000 vote margin. Also AZ & NZ have a big dump of votes tomorrow morning which will give a clear indication on where AZ is heading.

And in regards to voting along party lines...that's how it is in America. It's deeply polarized and divisions are deep. Trump will still command a lot of power, his base will be powerful which means the Republicans will remain loyal to him so his voting block isn't going anywhere. It's going to be an interesting 4 years.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #3386
Performance Moderator

I can see the Republican Party splitting into 2... and a new Tea Party starting up with Trump loyalists against the more progressive ones that have been afraid to speak out trying to keep their jobs but wanted no part of Trump.

If something like that does happen, the Dems will be in power for quite awhile.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:45 PM   #3387
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Another party......... that could work.

Let's see, we've got donkeys (asses) and elephants (slow, but never forgets) .......... monkeys? (see lots of evil, say lots of evil, hear lots of evil) <---can't remember which order.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:05 AM   #3388

Biden in the lead in GA now get ready for another tantrum

Edit: Biden ahead in PA now, look out
Old 11-06-2020, 04:56 AM   #3389

IT'S OVER: Biden defeats Trump as US voters take the rare step to remove an incumbent president

Bye bye obese turtle!

Now people really need to be safe out there if the trumptards take to the streets.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:35 AM   #3390
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Ehh they still got 5% of the votes to count in penn, but it is impressive that bidens ahead by almost 2k votes now
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 06:10 AM   #3391
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
Both the left and right need to split from their respective corporate establishment parties, form new parties, and finally reflect the will of the people. Biden isn't going to give everyone health care, wages, an end to wars, prison/police reform, etc.

Tulsi, Bernie, AOC, Yang, Warren, and all other progressive Dems bent the knee in the end and got behind Biden. They voted to approve and increase in military spending, voted to increase the wealth of corporations over people during a pandemic. Too many people are going to be fooled by Biden and continue to be complacent. Burn the parties down.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 11-06-2020 at 06:24 AM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #3392
RS controls my life!

Failed 62 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Not trying to call you out, but this type of view doesn't help close the deep political division in the states. Instead of trying to listen and understand why so many people have voted for a Republican president despite the party putting out such a horrible candidate, a lot of folks are just flat out calling ~70m people idiots. Think about that number. 70 million people. I'm sure the vast majority of them are reasonable people like you and me and not crazy conspiracy theorists, racists, QAnon etc, but you will never hear from them on TV or social media because most of them just go through their daily lives without making noise. Someone used the phrase "picking the lessor of two evils". Maybe this is also the thought process behind many of the Republican voters. The Democrat's platform scares them for whatever reason that they would choose to vote for a Republican president despite Trump. I think there is a lot to learn from this election on both sides of the political spectrum. If we can't empathize with others, we shouldn't expect others to empathize with us.
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2020, 06:50 AM   #3393
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
It would help if the two parties weren't just different anounts of right wing. If Trumps BS results in the Replublican party splitting in two it would seem more likely that the actual left wing Dems would split off as well. As it sits the actual left wing Dems don't have much choice, it's either work with right-light or let the GOP outnumber them too much.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2020, 07:03 AM   #3394
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
Not trying to call you out, but this type of view doesn't help close the deep political division in the states. Instead of trying to listen and understand why so many people have voted for a Republican president despite the party putting out such a horrible candidate, a lot of folks are just flat out calling ~70m people idiots. Think about that number. 70 million people. I'm sure the vast majority of them are reasonable people like you and me and not crazy conspiracy theorists, racists, QAnon etc, but you will never hear from them on TV or social media because most of them just go through their daily lives without making noise. Someone used the phrase "picking the lessor of two evils". Maybe this is also the thought process behind many of the Republican voters. The Democrat's platform scares them for whatever reason that they would choose to vote for a Republican president despite Trump. I think there is a lot to learn from this election on both sides of the political spectrum. If we can't empathize with others, we shouldn't expect others to empathize with us.
I had a lot more written and I agree. I don't think every trump voter is a bad person, or necessarily an idiot, but there's a serious indicator of lack of empathy from many of them based on acceptance of his rhetoric, his policies, and his actions.
The part that disgusts me it that party lines are carved in stone for some people, no matter how the actual platforms affect them. People have created this political identity for themselves that lacks reasoning, like the jocks vs the punks. Another despicable part of this is the behaviour of career politicians, who bow down to this absolute clown and lick his boots instead of standing up for their party and doing the right thing for their constituents. Politics is just a game now, and winning really gets you nothing but bragging rights. What did the republicans accomplish for Americans the last 4 years? Something that can be quantified as being due to their decisions?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2020, 07:09 AM   #3395
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 3,023 Times in 787 Posts
Failed 90 Times in 38 Posts
There's a pretty good podcast about this very issue on Freakonomics

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/politics-industry/
Old 11-06-2020, 07:35 AM   #3396

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Fortunately, the US government is already moving on with ensuring a transfer of political power to Biden. As of this morning, several more US Secret Service Agents have been deployed to protect Biden's home in the state of Delaware.

In addition, the airspace that is over Biden's home is protected. Restricted airspace to all planes, helicopters, drones, gliders, etc. Unless it's insects, or a bird that is taking a dump over Biden's home, nobody is flying over Joe's home.

Another thing about Trump not willing to concede defeat to Biden after all votes are counted. It is a custom for the incumbent President to call the newly elected President after he/she loses an election in order to concede defeat and wish the new President well. This is part of the process for a peaceful transfer of political power. A President with class would be gracious in defeat in an election.

We know that Cheeto has no class whatsoever. He is a sore loser.

This is a custom, not the law in the US for an incumbent President to concede defeat to the newly elected President. Biden becomes the 46th POTUS whether Cheeto concedes defeat or not. It is very clear under the US Constitution that a new president takes the the oath of office at the inauguration ceremony on January 21st.

Trump can be a crybaby all he wants but it will do him no good. He should suck it up, suck on an orange lollipop and eat his favorite well done steak and get on with his life.

Last edited by pastarocket; 11-06-2020 at 07:42 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:47 AM   #3397
Performance Moderator

Actual photo of Trump and Donnie Jr on January 20th:

This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2020, 07:54 AM   #3398
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
I hope he goes to jail.................

but, he has money.

I think he'll die the way he lived. Lonely, with no true friends. You reap what you sow.

Donald Trump, "You're Fired!"
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #3399
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Strong possibility PA will be called tonight for Biden. GA is heading Biden's way but they'll be an automatic re-count. AZ looks strong but slightly leaning towards Trump in the latest dump of votes. NV looks safe for Biden. There's no path for Trump to win.

And the threat about suing is horseshit. In PA they might claim voter fraud or fake ballots but they need evidence and they have none. They might go after the late ballots again but the late ballots make a tiny friction of the vote in PA so it won't change the outcome. Biden is heading to the WH.
Regardless of how these states are called, Republicans are taking the results to court.
Lawsuits are being filed in nevada right now. I'm sure other states as well.
For better or worse, this is going to be dragged out.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #3400

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Regardless of how these states are called, Republicans are taking the results to court.
Lawsuits are being filed in nevada right now. I'm sure other states as well.
For better or worse, this is going to be dragged out.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/polit...ons/index.html

Joe has been with planning with his team for months in anticipation of Trump's lawsuits. It also helps that Biden and Mitch McConnell have a lengthy working relationship. That is bad news for Trump when Mitch would be willing to negotiate with Biden in terms of Biden's selection of people for his cabinet.

-from the article:

The Biden campaign took note of President Donald Trump's dire tone in the White House on Thursday night and began a plan that is underway today to get his old allies in the Senate -- and others from a lifetime in public life -- to speak to the legitimacy of the election.

His campaign also made clear that a Trump concession is not necessary. "The American people will decide this election. And the United States government is perfectly capable of escorting trespassers out of the White House," Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said in a statement Friday morning.
Biden does not plan to wait for any of Trump's legal challenges to be settled, a person familiar with the plan said, and intends to immediately shift into mode of President-elect to avoid ceding any momentum.

The Biden transition team has been working behind-the-scenes for months -- as required of all candidates seeking the presidency -- but the urgency of the plan is being seen by Biden advisers as even more importance in the wake of Trump's questioning the legitimacy of the election.

One of the most important conversations Biden will have is with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

The two men have not spoken yet -- a Biden aide said that would be premature; a McConnell adviser said it hasn't happened -- but they expect that call to be made later Friday.

The Kentucky Republican will play a key role in approving members of the Biden Cabinet if Republicans continue to hold their majority -- which even Democrats concede is likely, with party control potentially hinging on two January 5 runoffs for Senate seats in Georgia.

Biden and McConnell have a long relationship, serving together in the Senate for decades, but also working closely and cutting deals during former President Barack Obama's administration