REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #3501
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,459 Posts
Failed 238 Times in 63 Posts
Trump reverses Obama's policies.

Obama's VP puts policies back into play.

Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #3502
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
Failed 233 Times in 52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
My dad who never gambles asked me to help him place this bet election day.

meanwhile.. https://nypost.com/2020/11/03/myster...d-setting-bet/

British gambler bets $5 million on Trump in biggest-ever political wager

if anyone was following the betting odds saw trumps odds goto -800, that was probably why lol

i missed out on the 2:1 odd for biden lol
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #3503
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Good campaigning by Trump there. 800 more people voted than in 2016, and they were all for him, and some people flipped

Also good time to point out that "Latino" isn't some monolithic culture... Some are conservative, some are not. Some are crazy Trumptards, some are not. Some work in industries, like natural gas, and oil fields, where they will vote for the person think will protect that industry. There are trends, and overall they tend to vote Democratic outside Florida.
Sure, but still a drastic shift from the trend. And quite a shift from the narrative.
Biden did poorly among minority voters. You could say his reputation may be the cause, but then what explains trump (The racist/misogynist) increasing popularity among those same demographics?
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...lls-2016-2020/
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #3504

Quote:
He also plans to reenter the TPP. Couple that with his increasing the corporate tax rate that Trump lowered, and the trajectory to a pre-Trump dive in manufacturing will carry on right where he left off.
Hollowing out the middle class.
Undo it all. Because Drumpf
-Norm Franz
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-07-2020, 07:29 PM   #3505
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
I was expecting to see a trump concession speech, guess not
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #3506
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Republicans in power need to step up now and tell Trump to shut the fuck up and take it like a man. Do they really want to be associated with this sinking ship where there's no way he can win but you try and change the outcome anyways?
If they were sitting idly by for the last 4 years they can burn too. But while Trump lost, the ship isn't really sinking that badly for the Republicans given that 70.5M people were perfectly happy to have Trump continue to "lead" the country.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2020, 07:43 PM   #3507
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
I respect the Rep who voted Biden. They could have abstained. You know how hard it is for a lifelong Rep to actually vote Dem ??!! People associated with the Lincoln Project, Cindy McCain, and others. These are the sensible Rep who are able to see beyond the partisanship.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #3508
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If they were sitting idly by for the last 4 years they can burn too. But while Trump lost, the ship isn't really sinking that badly for the Republicans given that 70.5M people were perfectly happy to have Trump continue to "lead" the country.
That 70.5 million that got them second place. Any other election that's probably enough to win, but Trump brought out the masses to vote against him. Republicans need to find the most boring, level headed dude they can find for 2024 because Democrats don't show up when things are boring.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:56 PM   #3509
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Sure, but still a drastic shift from the trend. And quite a shift from the narrative.
Biden did poorly among minority voters. You could say his reputation may be the cause, but then what explains trump (The racist/misogynist) increasing popularity among those same demographics?
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...lls-2016-2020/
It's a drastic shift in an oil county because Biden said he is going to push and go along with what the world needs to do, and that's move away from oil for energy.

Moving from oil to alternative energy sources won't lose jobs, it'll create more overall, but the people making $100K a year with no education will be in trouble. It's unfortunate, but we need to move away from it to survive as a species.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #3510

Quote:
It's a drastic shift in an oil county because Biden said he is going to push and go along with what the world needs to do, and that's move away from oil for energy.

Moving from oil to alternative energy sources won't lose jobs, it'll create more overall, but the people making $100K a year with no education will be in trouble. It's unfortunate, but we need to move away from it to survive as a species.
The exit polls in the article i posted, which you quoted, were sampled nationwide. they had nothing to do with oil.
-Norm Franz
Old 11-07-2020, 09:17 PM   #3511
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,472 Times in 2,028 Posts
Failed 173 Times in 83 Posts
Let me preface this by stating I don’t really give a shit about American politics. I did a while back but discovered the layer of fat one needs to cut through to get to the meat is so dense, you get full off the fat and your brain can’t go on further.

However:

Trump wins 2016 = 4 years of conspiracy theories about hacking / meddling*

Biden wins 2020 = No proof of hacking / meddling. Stop being a conspiracy theorist!

* There was Russian interference, yes but through the Mueller report, there was no connection to Trump. Also, there was no solid foundation for leveling obstruction charges against him. Going through past MSM clips, it was more what-if’isms rather than solid factual information.

Personally, I think it’s horrible the DNC nominated a walking compost bin to be the leader with a cackling caricature straight out of a Grimm’s fairlytale to be the running mate. I just have to assume that Biden was meant to be ‘the one’ from the start much like Hilary was in 2016. Every other body on the DNC debate stage (minus the now VP) was just filler for theatrics and to look like the DNC was passionately concerned over something. What would that be?

Well, based on their past, I’d say the big banks, big pharma, wall street, military weapons manufacturers, health insurance providers etc. etc. You know, that swampy shit.

Also important to remember that Biden & Harris were polling very low at points during the campaign. Harris actually hit that 1% mark. She just wasn’t liked by the public but I guess she gets the identity points because 2020.

But regardless of political leanings, why is the average voter seems so dumb? Well you can honestly thank the American education system which does no favours to its citizens. When 10% of the ENTIRE nation’s schools get a failing grade, that can’t be a good sign. It’s almost as if the government wants people to be dumbed down and therefore corralled into only having a very narrow and linear way of thinking. Would be easier to manipulate and coerce I’d say. Have to do it en masse to ensure a higher success rate.

Trump won in 2016 because people were fed up of the establishment. With zero experience as a politician, he was still literally able to pole vault above the murkiness and right to the top. He was obviously exploited by the DNC goons in MSM to be the one that Hilary would take down with a lightning bolt at 98.4% strength. We all know how that turned out. If Ted Cruz won the nomination, Hilary would have won and I think those projected polls could have had closer accuracy.

When wiikileaks exposed the DNC corruption, Bernie supporters, libertarians and even progressives all voted for Trump as a ‘fuck you’ to the establishment that set up this botched academy award level performance. The Dems (and shadow friends in other institutions) felt jilted at this point and did whatever they could over 4 years to get him out because they were too stupid to just run an honest campaign and had to resort to conspiracy theories, identity politics and fake dossiers to derail the presidency. All this does is create more division, more angst and the country DOESN’T MOVE FORWARD.

Regardless of who’s in charge, you still have an opioid crisis, rampant homelessness, violent crime and mass evictions. The latter will only causes spikes in the former three. Oh and lets add a certain virus into that mix

And why would the media care about any of what I mentioned above ^ . They’re just going to be focused on Trump again and again while people’s lives don’t change and haven’t changed in decades. If anything, due to corona, their lives will get worse.

Love or hate Trump, he was the closest thing to a new type of leader this country could have had. What I mean is when watching the initial DNC picks; I was hoping someone like Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard could have become the nominee. Everyone else was either single issue hysteric or in the case of Biden, a wolf in sheep’s clothing. He’s not going to do anything for the poor people who voted for him.

As far as energy, he’s full of cow farts. He’s already lied about fracking. Let’s see what he actually commits to because I felt the hot air coming out of his breath during the presidential debates.

Quote:
"Selling is not convincing people your product is the best, but finding out who already influences the group you want to reach." ~ Edward Bernays
-----------

Side note:

I strongly suggest watching CharlieBo313 on youtube. He shows a side of America the MSM wouldn’t bother with.

These are the people who don't have a voice. These are the people who are forgotten and swept under the rug. These are the people living in purgatory. What actions has any side of the political aisle taken to fix this? This is decades of degradation.

I mean this picture pretty much sums up MSM narrative:

Spoiler!

(MSM narrative on the left)

Oh and pray for Yemen (and the rest of the Middle East). One year from now when Trump is long out of the picture, let’s see if Joe carries on the legacy of his buddy who bombed the fuck out of that region. After all, Joe was the co-pilot during those years.

Last edited by GS8; 11-07-2020 at 09:23 PM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:05 PM   #3512

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
The exit polls in the article i posted, which you quoted, were sampled nationwide. they had nothing to do with oil.
I get it. Minorities love Trump. He has their best interest in mind. Gay people too. They all love him and voted for him, and if they didn't cheat, he would still be president.

You win. Go celebrate

All jokes aside, you are basically saying Trump gained support in groups that were more towards Hilary before. Yet Biden still won... So essentially, Trump double failed. He did better against one of the worst candidates ever known, because people weren't really aware of how bad he could be. The DNC was so corrupt that people wanted nothing to do with them, but turned out in high enough numbers to vote for them again. So... congrats Trump?
Old 11-07-2020, 10:13 PM   #3513

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Who the fuck cares who voted for who, Biden won, Trump lost. Cling to whatever 'stats' you want all the way to Loserville. Better luck next time you fucking losers.

Thank God there wasn't an actual 'ban' bet between Manic and welfare, it would have been god damn pathetic to watch one side not accepting to leave just like Trump.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:17 PM   #3514
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Hahaha lol got told by the funky bunch
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2020, 10:20 PM   #3515

And if you really want to know who voted for who, instead of focusing on the minutiae, maybe look at the overall picture

https://www.cbsnews.com/elections/20...ent/exit-poll/

OK so trump got like 2% more votes from black people than he did last time... So what? They still hate him overall. He's still a loser

OK so a few percent more young people voted for trump than last time... So what? He's still a loser

And on and on... He's a loser. I think it's time to stop talking about him unless it's to make fun of him, the original purpose of this thread... Go start a "Trump Won The Election" thread if you like, it's a free country
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2020, 01:05 AM   #3516
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,848 Times in 3,914 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
lol America rejoining the WHO lol

ok close thread...start the Biden 1.0
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #3517
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Failed 206 Times in 75 Posts
Thread is not closed. He hasn't/wont admit defeat and has 2 months left in office to fuck shit up.

Him and his family and henchman need to be investigated for tax evasion/corruption and thrown into jail.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:04 AM   #3518

I'm down to keep the thread open until he's literally dragged out of the White House by his feet by Secret Service
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2020, 07:42 AM   #3519

Happy Republicans ... there are many.

Old 11-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #3520
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Failed 416 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
The irony of the "Morning in America" Lincoln Project ad is that it was a famous Ronald Reagan ad.

Ronald Reagan, of course, being the inspiration for Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan (which itself was taken from Margaret Thatcher)

Its all a remix
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #3521
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Marco Rubio also did an it's morning in America ad when he was running for the good nomination. Play close attention to the first few seconds of the ad. Notice anything wrong or familiar?

Old 11-08-2020, 09:38 AM   #3522
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,852 Times in 3,882 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
@skinnypup so what you’ve shown me is we just have to wait 25 more years for all these old white republicans to die, then America can start trying to fix itself
Old 11-08-2020, 09:53 AM   #3523

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
^Not quite.

As I said before, those statistics are only data utilized by exit voters, with all the mail in votes, that black voter percentage is likely much lower. One can't take out of account the misogynistic element that prevails in some black male culture nonetheless, though.

What I find more disheartening is the white vote. I'll accept more white men voting for Trump than not, but white women? Jesus christ, white women continue to disappoint, Bill Burr was absolutely correct in his monologue on SNL joking about #MeToo, and how white women slept with the blood diamonds "toxic white men" created only to their advantage, and now suddenly want to vilify them.

How a white woman can vote for a pussy grabbing womanizer like Trump, and yet still cling to this idea of MeToo is utterly befuddling to me.

Historically race has always superseded feminism as a focus for white women, this only confirms that fact continues on.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #3524
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
lol America rejoining the WHO lol
With the way WHO is functioning, is there really any point for any Western countries to stay in it?

The fact of the matter is, WHO has been hijacked by China because China has bought out a ton of developing countries. So when anything meaningful gets proposed, China and its cronies move to shut it down.

The biggest WHO joke this year is of course China's steadfast refusal to let Taiwan in on WHO. [edit -- Actually, the even bigger joke was how the WHO Tedros dude basically sucked up to China the whole time when COVID was breaking out, but I digress.] Taiwan has been the most successful country in the world in holding back the coronavirus, bar none, but China and its cronies refuse to allow Taiwan to share its counter-COVID measures with the rest of the world in WHO.

UN functions in much the same way. The UN Human Rights Council is nothing but a joke when countries like China and Russia are members of the Council.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #3525

Again, sensibility coming from surprising places.

Kushner, Melania reportedly urge Trump to concede
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/6212881002/

Both first lady Melania Trump and Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, have approached President Donald Trump about conceding the election, according to news reports.

Kushner has told others that he has urged the president to accept the outcome of the race – even if Trump won’t come to terms with how it was reached, The Associated Press reported. CNN filed a similar report, citing two unnamed sources.