REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:39 PM   #3551
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,408 Times in 591 Posts
Failed 365 Times in 100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Please... Stop. Trump lost. If there are obvious cases of fraud, they'll find it. And fake videos you see on Tick Tock don't count. Also it's not a close enough race for even the most prevalent fraud in history to make a difference. It would have to be something along the lines of absolute cheating throughout the entire country, with millions of fake votes.

In hindsight, although Biden underperformed, the election wasn't even that close. He beat Trump way more easily than Trump beat Hilary. It wasn't one state that swung it either. It wasn't a landslide, but it wasn't close either, once all votes are counted.

You want to see close, go look at 2000, where it came down to Florida, which Bush won by 537 votes. You think GA is close at 12,000, and PA is close at 45,000. In 2000 Gore won NM by 366 votes. WI by 5700 votes. IA by 4000 votes.

It's not that close. Trump is just following the steps required to perform a coup. It was outlined in that video posted here a few days ago. Don't fall for it, you're not a fool. We joke about trumptards wanting to vote in a fascist "authoritarian" president ironically, but here they are actually literally supporting a takeover of the President of the United States. Like what???
Nowhere have I said I'm a Trump supporter nor am I implying the outcome is going to change. I'm talking purely about the integrity of the election and that it's not up to the media to pick the winner. The clip posted as an example demonstrates that ignorance. You're so hyped up on anti-candidate partisanship you're not even reading what I said and just firing off keyword rhetoric. You're frothing at the mouth to post something negative against Trump. I think he's a POS and genuinely lost. Give your head a shake and calm down.
Advertisement
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2020, 11:40 PM   #3552
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
You know it's bad when FOX NEWS is pulling away from trump's Press Secretary as she spews out the nonsensical claims... Even they know it's dangerous to keep putting that shit out there as part of his plan to stage a coup.

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-09-2020, 11:42 PM   #3553
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Nowhere have I said I'm a Trump supporter nor am I implying the outcome is going to change. I'm talking purely about the integrity of the election and that it's not up to the media to pick the winner. The clip posted as an example demonstrates that ignorance. You're so hyped up on anti-candidate partisanship you're not even reading what I said and just firing off keyword rhetoric. You're frothing at the mouth to post something negative against Trump. I think he's a POS and genuinely lost. Give your head a shake and calm down.
No, this is all aside from having some fun at trump's expense. You're asking why people are reacting to trump's claims so strongly. You asked about the very clip of a lady trying to differentiate between "legal votes" and "illegal votes". In other words, you think that mail in votes are illegal (this is their argument)

These claims are VERY DANGEROUS. There are 70 million people who voted for trump, and while not every one of them is a trumptard or a fascist, many of them are. And many of them have guns, and many of them are easily manipulated. Simply by repeating the idea that the election was rigged, these people are being incited towards violence.

Like I said, I don't think you're a fool. But if you are being manipulated by trump, maybe I'm wrong.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:31 AM   #3554
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Former US congress women everyone.

Old 11-10-2020, 04:03 AM   #3555
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...389896197?s=20

U.S. Senate Majority Leader McConnell does not acknowledge Biden as President-elect or Harris as Vice President-elect.

McConnell says President Trump is 100% within his rights to look into possible irregularities in last week's U.S. election.
SnK1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 05:35 AM   #3556
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
No, this is all aside from having some fun at trump's expense. You're asking why people are reacting to trump's claims so strongly. You asked about the very clip of a lady trying to differentiate between "legal votes" and "illegal votes". In other words, you think that mail in votes are illegal (this is their argument)

These claims are VERY DANGEROUS. There are 70 million people who voted for trump, and while not every one of them is a trumptard or a fascist, many of them are. And many of them have guns, and many of them are easily manipulated. Simply by repeating the idea that the election was rigged, these people are being incited towards violence.

Like I said, I don't think you're a fool. But if you are being manipulated by trump, maybe I'm wrong.
Don't you think that's all the more reason to investigate and prove these claims out?
In Pennsylvania, during the counting process, lawsuits were filed by the trump campaign to allow proper, bipartisan, observation.
You shouldn't have to go through the courts for that.
Why would that even be challenged?
When the country is split, almost right down the middle, you can't allow questionable practices to linger.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 06:47 AM   #3557
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
I'm talking purely about the integrity of the election and that it's not up to the media to pick the winner.
Who is supposed to call it officially? When media sources that support Trump, many Republicans, and people from Trumps campaign are agreeing he lost and there was no interference it seems fairly safe for everyone to say yeah that's the result.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:15 AM   #3558

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Who is supposed to call it officially? When media sources that support Trump, many Republicans, and people from Trumps campaign are agreeing he lost and there was no interference it seems fairly safe for everyone to say yeah that's the result.
https://theconversation.com/who-form...lection-145212

Definitely not the media sources whether they support Trump or not.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:34 AM   #3559
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Assuming that article cited above is true:

In the extraordinary event that no candidate wins in the Electoral College, the House of Representatives meets to elect the next president. This is how John Quincy Adams became president in 1824.

Dems have majority in the House ... check and checkmate.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #3560

Failed 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post

In the extraordinary event that no candidate wins in the Electoral College, the House of Representatives meets to elect the next president. This is how John Quincy Adams became president in 1824.

"In the extraordinary event that no candidate wins in the Electoral College"
Old 11-10-2020, 08:10 AM   #3561
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnK1800 View Post
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...389896197?s=20

U.S. Senate Majority Leader McConnell does not acknowledge Biden as President-elect or Harris as Vice President-elect.

McConnell says President Trump is 100% within his rights to look into possible irregularities in last week's U.S. election.
McConnell is not a moron - he's an absolute asshole, but he's not a moron like Trump.

I suspect he's stoking the retard-fire by saying shit like that, as he needs the republicans to stay angry/relevant until the Georgia runoffs so he keeps the senate. He'll dump Trump as soon it's convenient for him to do so.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:31 AM   #3562
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Failed 96 Times in 53 Posts
Anybody else find it yugely ironic that China and its few allies are the only countries that haven't congratulated Biden on his win lol.

The speed of all the other world leader in accepting Biden, not hard to imagine what they all thought of the last president lol.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #3563
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
republicans lost and are trying desperately to hang onto power with baseless claims of election fraud. zero evidence except facebook videos and conspiracy theories as usual.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #3564

Quote:

House delegates.
Of which Republicans have a majority, if I'm not mistaken.
-Norm Franz
Old 11-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #3565
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ House .. not the Senate.
At the moment, 215 Dems and 199 Rep
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:16 AM   #3566

Quote:
^ House .. not the Senate.
At the moment, 215 Dems and 199 Rep
Delegates. Not representatives.
-Norm Franz
Old 11-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #3567

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
That doesn't matter, someone did win the electoral college.

They can count it all again, Trump won't accept the results again, and then what?
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #3568

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
That doesn't matter, someone did win the electoral college.

They can count it all again, Trump won't accept the results again, and then what?
They haven't until they're certified. Technically.
-Norm Franz
Old 11-10-2020, 09:32 AM   #3569

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
If that's what helps angry white men sleep at night lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #3570
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Failed 59 Times in 30 Posts
Let them do the recounts... maybe they'll find errors and increase Biden's count, that should shut them up. Maybe they'll find republican voter fraud too.
Old 11-10-2020, 10:09 AM   #3571
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
You can’t pursue a lawsuit because you think something is wrong and don’t like the result. File as many as you want, but the court won’t hear them.

You need proof. All these people say they weren’t allowed access, but they were they just didn’t like how far away they were. Also a system is already in place for vote counting where both registered Democrats and Republicans simultaneously review the process internally.

It’s all baseless shit, it’s going to get thrown out.

So far Trump and his lawyers arguments are about the same as someone trying to prove that God exists “well it must be fraud... cuz otherwise how did I lose?” Sounds just like someone saying God must be real otherwise how does life exist?

Unfortunately for him, courts care about facts and material witnesses and physical evidence. Conspiracy theories are none of these. They exist as theories until such time that they’re quantifiable, which so far has been pretty much never.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 10:28 AM   #3572
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 11:07 AM   #3573

Failed 5 Times in 2 Posts
Pompeo, Secretary of State, "Smooth transition to a second Trump administration"

Recount, wait to call it but to state that it will be Trump. How does the USA differ from North Korea.
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #3574

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
FFS, this whole thing is ridiculous, JD13, you're being somewhat obtuse here.

Trump isn't trying to confirm any "legitimacy" of the election, if you actually read the lawsuits submitted, he's simply try to have ballots thrown out and disqualified based on esoteric reasoning in terms of dates received (even if allowed by the state's regulations).

The damage has already been done, the reason why Skinny and some folks are responding to vehemently is because what Trump and the Republicans are doing is creating fake doubt. They know full well there wasn't any fraud, if there was, how did so many Republican senators win in the swing states, and in blue states? You only have one ballot, if there was fraud you'd be seeing far more elected Democrats in senate and the house.

What you're seeing in the election is validation of Republicans on the state level, and repudiation of Trump on the presidential level.

There was no fraud, historically speaking, Republicans are projecting their corruption here, as there are far more examples of abject voter fraud in Republican-led states.

They know full well the votes are legitimate and that Trump lost, this tactic is merely to undermine the result, and foment doubt, which I think it a dangerous nuclear approach. They're essentially setting up the outcome of Biden being an illegitimate president for the next 4 years, whipping their supporters to believe that, with very real civil war-like outcomes.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #3575
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ Led by the king of projection, Trump, hence why that Reddit thread showing a tweet of him in the past condemning others for everything he says/does now exists.

“I pay the most taxes” - paid none
“I am the least racist person in this room” - is racist
“Obama should be working not golfing” - spends every day in office watching tv or playing golf
“I’m the least corrupt person” - most of his friends and associates are either on charges or in jail (or killed themselves)

On and on and on and on and onnnn this list could be longer than this thread.

I have my doubts whether there’s a bigger asshole / more reprehensible person on the entire planet.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: