REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:11 PM   #4051
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,566 Times in 4,935 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Trump brings out the best and the worst in people. No matter what happens, he will be remembered for being the biggest ass wipe the world has ever seen. When attention of any kind is the main goal................

Twitter ban for life and imprisonment or at least lock him up in a sanitorium, I say.
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:16 PM   #4052
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
^The corporate media must have a different colour code
Old 01-06-2021, 05:22 PM   #4053
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,759 Times in 545 Posts
Failed 1,107 Times in 281 Posts
The Hongkong of America.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 05:42 PM   #4054
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
The comments for some of the pics of black people inside the house had me dieing earlier lol... mostly from other black ppl

“Looking for the stimmy room”

“Trying to pass out their mix tapes”

Etc lol
Old 01-06-2021, 06:19 PM   #4055
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebacon View Post
The Hongkong of America.
Hong Kong stormed the LegCo to protest for democracy.. Americans stormed the White House to protest against democracy
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #4056
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Trump thread 2.0

When a President resists ordering the National Guard to come to Washington DC to stop rioters storming the Capitol building in support of him, it came down to Pence to step up to preserve law and order.

It was Pence who ordered National Guard to arrive faster to the Capitol. He made the decision.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/polit...ard/index.html

-so disgusted to see a narcissistic psycho use thugs to prevent senators from doing their job in certifying the election results.

One of the worst nights ever for the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-06-2021 at 06:56 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 07:33 PM   #4057
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Failed 76 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
When a President resists ordering the National Guard to come to Washington DC to stop rioters storming the Capitol building in support of him, it came down to Pence to step up to preserve law and order.

It was Pence who ordered National Guard to arrive faster to the Capitol. He made the decision.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/polit...ard/index.html

-so disgusted to see a narcissistic psycho use thugs to prevent senators from doing their job in certifying the election results.

One of the worst nights ever for the US.
I wouldn't say ever, that bar was set very high a long time ago. I would say worst nights in 2021 for the US..... and even that might still be a stretch.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 07:59 PM   #4058
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Hah, why does the 25th amendment even exist if it’s not used at a time like this... pure incompetence and negligence and more than one person inside saying he’s lost his damn mind
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:00 PM   #4059
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
U S A

U S A

U S A

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:04 PM   #4060

Trump thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I wouldn't say ever, that bar was set very high a long time ago. I would say worst nights in 2021 for the US..... and even that might still be a stretch.

The last time people stormed inside the U.S. Capitol was when the Brits stormed inside the buildings in the War of 1812.

A infamous event today that last happened over 200 years ago albeit under different circumstances.

One of the darkest moments in US history, thanks to Cheeto and his extremist followers.

Today’s event was an assault against democracy.

Even a Republican former president, George W Bush, made a statement about the riots at the US Capitol.

George W has had a low profile during Cheeto’s antics up until today:

Former U.S. President George W. Bush is condemning the riot, describing it as “sickening” and “heartbreaking.” He doesn’t directly name Trump, but he makes clear reference to him and other Republican officials.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-06-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #4061
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Failed 231 Times in 90 Posts
"Brits" is pretty misleading. While Canada was a colony and not an independent nation at the time, the vast majority of soldiers and militiamen on Britain's side did not come from Europe and many were not even part of the British empire (indigenous, ex-slaves, American immigrants, etc.)
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #4062

Trump thread 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
"Brits" is pretty misleading. While Canada was a colony and not an independent nation at the time, the vast majority of soldiers and militiamen on Britain's side did not come from Europe and many were not even part of the British empire (indigenous, ex-slaves, American immigrants, etc.)

My main point is that today’s storming of the U.S. Capitol is extremely rare and shocking.

It was Cheeto trying to use thugs to beat up democracy.

Even a Republican former president George W Bush made a statement today about the chaos. He kept a low profile during Cheeto’s antics up until today. He condemns Trump’s reckless behaviour without referring to the idiot by name:

Laura and I are watching the scenes of mayhem unfolding at the seat of our Nation's government in disbelief and dismay. It is a sickening and heartbreaking sight. This is how election results are disputed in a banana republic – not our democratic republic. I am appalled by the reckless behavior of some political leaders since the election and by the lack of respect shown today for our institutions, our traditions, and our law enforcement.

The violent assault on the Capitol – and disruption of a Constitutionally-mandated meeting of Congress – was undertaken by people whose passions have been inflamed by falsehoods and false hopes.

Insurrection could do grave damage to our Nation and reputation. In the United States of America, it is the fundamental responsibility of every patriotic citizen to support the rule of law. To those who are disappointed in the results of the election: Our country is more important than the politics of the moment. Let the officials elected by the people fulfill their duties and represent our voices in peace and safety. May God continue to bless the United States of America.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-06-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #4063
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hong Kong stormed the LegCo to protest for democracy.. Americans stormed the White House to protest against democracy
Just a POV situation, they're both the same
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #4064
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Where's Welfare? Is he going to make a statement?
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:13 PM   #4065
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Please, saying this is one of the darkest days is such a reach and just trying to pile onto the moron who will be gone shortly.

Worse than Pearl Harbour
Worse than 9/11
Worse than Oklahoman city bombing
Worse than all the school shootings?

People got in and were taking selfie’s with cops and drinking beers. Please.

Is it even an “assault on democracy” ? It’s just a bunch of maga idiots who thought they could rally for one last time. It was rich seeing all the senators in their panic room gas masks while hillbilly’s are storming the doors in real tree camo
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #4066

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
It’s the precedent it sets. All those things that happened before didn’t create the narrative that america is a complete shithole. They were attacks by outside or extremism from within. This just shows america is as bad or worse than all the countries they have built an identity based on looking down upon.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #4067
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Please, saying this is one of the darkest days is such a reach and just trying to pile onto the moron who will be gone shortly.

Worse than Pearl Harbour
Worse than 9/11

Is it even an “assault on democracy” ? It’s just a bunch of maga idiots who thought they could rally for one last time. It was rich seeing all the senators in their panic room gas masks while hillbilly’s are storming the doors in real tree camo

It's called breaking and entering it's also theft. If it was a group of Muslims you would be freaking out. Being a hillbilly does not make it any better. You are basically saying it's O.K. because the are white.

This guy broke in and stole stuff from Nancy Pelosi's office. He is a criminal.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:31 PM   #4068

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Where's Welfare? Is he going to make a statement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Get ready for the most groundbreakingly monumental re-election in the history of the political world.

https://www.anonymousconservative.co...oting-machine/
Quote:
Believe me or not it doesn’t matter. The 6 January elector ‘ballot’ count is going to go down as the greatest troll of all time.

You may or may not know, but the Vice President gets to count the electors. That’s the one thing the Constitution makes crystal clear. Apparently the plan is for Mike Pence to roll in a Dominion voting machine (or a knock off that looks like one). He’s then going to pull out a USB drive, update the software just before the count, and use the machine to count the elector ballots.

Remember, this will be on national television. The count will not only come out fractional, but it will result in more votes than actual electors AND result in Trump winning more electors than Biden.

The chamber is expected erupt in chaos. Obviously the count will be challenged. Pence will then conduct a ‘recount,’ but he will use the machine to print the recount ballots and then hand count those. The recounted number will be similar to the original count, only changing by a couple votes, but it will result in Trump winning by even more than before.

Dems are expected to cry “fraud” and Pence will object and call for order. He will tell them that it’s too late to challenge because it’s already done. The count is finished. He will then deliberately wipe the machine’s software.

This is a rough sketch of what is being planned. I don’t know the exact details, but Trump wants to fill DC because this is going to be, as he said, “wild.”

I don’t know if Pence ultimately throws it to the House after the chaos or fully certifies Trump’s win in this manner. My source wasn’t sure (I think they’re still working out details).

I hope you’re ready for the salt to flow. Trump is a showman first and foremost, and he’s putting everything into this.
His last post regarding January 6th.

Sorry 320i
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #4069

Quote:

Worse than Pearl Harbour
Worse than 9/11

Armed standoff with Capitol police that resulted in 1 woman dying.
Bombs found around Capitol, at DNC, and at RNC.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:35 PM   #4070
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You do realize that the core of the problem is -- there is an awful lot of Americans out there that believe the election was rigged, right? The Reuters-Ipsos poll found that:

- only 55% of American adults believe the presidential election was “legitimate and accurate,” which is down 7 points from a similar poll that ran shortly after the 2016 election.

- 28% who said they thought the election was “the result of illegal voting or election rigging” is up 12 points from four years ago.

- 39% of all respondents have concerns that the election was rigged

the Reuters-Ipsos poll
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/...11_18_2020.pdf

further reporting on the poll:
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...-who-believe-/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27Y1AJ

You can call them stupid, ignorant, and whatever other name you can come up with to label them, but none of that changes the fact that they have little confidence in the election results. And while these "non-believers" do not make up for a majority of the US population, they are still a sizable and significant portion of the population. When there is a portion of the population as big as this that do not believe in the system, that makes it extremely difficult for the government to govern. The riots you see today is a manifestation of that governing difficulty, and unless something is done to change the minds of these individuals and restore their believe in the system, the governing is going to be so difficult that it is darn near impossible to get anything done.

What needs to happen is -- some sort of truth commission or independent counsel needs to be appointed to look into the allegations of wrongdoing. Effectively, something that resembles the Mueller Report needs to be produced to discover and explain the truth, so that the lies, half-truths, and mis-information can all be dispeled. Right now, that has not happened yet, and the courts have twice refused to conduct a proper hearing to achieve something similar to that effect. When the courts and the bureaucracy continues to deny the non-believing public the opportunity to learn the truth, that non-believing public is not going to change their minds, and will only continue to believe what they already believe.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 09:51 PM   #4071

Quote:

Worse than Pearl Harbour
Worse than 9/11

Just for one second, think about it in the context of other protests that happened last year, and how they would have been treated if they'd even gone near the White House
Old 01-06-2021, 10:46 PM   #4072
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Old 01-06-2021, 10:53 PM   #4073

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Just a POV situation, they're both the same
Why the fail? HK protest supporters believe they're in the right and fighting for democracy, while pro China groups would see them as riotous dissenters of the nation

Pro trumpers see themselves as the same, fighting for their constitutional rights, democracy, and "mericuh" while the rest of America sees them as riotous dissenters of the nation

They're the same thing, it just depends on your POV/side you take /shrug
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 10:55 PM   #4074

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Why the fail? HK protest supporters believe they're in the right and fighting for democracy, while pro China groups would see them as riotous dissenters of the nation

Pro trumpers see themselves as the same, fighting for their constitutional rights, democracy, and "mericuh" while the rest of America sees them as riotous dissenters of the nation

They're the same thing, it just depends on your POV/side you take /shrug
Which POV is exactly the point I made

One group stormed the law making house to prevent a law from being passed that would remove their democratic rights

One group stormed the law making house to prevent a democratically elected president, by their peers, from being sworn in.

One is trying to protect democracy, the other trying to bypass it. This isn't a POV thing, this is literally what each group is doing.

That's why the fail " "

Anyway I was done talking about HK on this forum a long time ago, I just thought it was a funny juxtaposition being observed. I won't be discussing it here anymore, so feel free to just disagree. I'll remove the fail
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2021, 10:58 PM   #4075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It's called breaking and entering it's also theft. If it was a group of Muslims you would be freaking out. Being a hillbilly does not make it any better. You are basically saying it's O.K. because the are white.
That's not what he's saying at all... To blow this riot/attack? Up as much as it has been is an injustice to the horrific events Honda listed... That's what he's saying