REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:09 PM   #401
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,190 Times in 8,386 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
To whoever it was that thought Japan was great for being so insular and not allowing low skilled workers into the country... I wonder who that was?
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2018, 07:11 PM   #402
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,846 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 881 Times in 421 Posts
DT is a warmonger, haven't you heard?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/trump-...sage-1.3995871
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2018, 08:26 PM   #403
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,567 Times in 3,554 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
DT is a warmonger, haven't you heard?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/trump-...sage-1.3995871
Press releases, rally's and twitter rants. Different messengers depending on the platform. Clearly that statement was not written by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
To whoever it was that thought Japan was great for being so insular and not allowing low skilled workers into the country... I wonder who that was?

Oh no what are all those right wing nut jobs with Japanese tatto's going to do now?
Old 06-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #404

while you're probably right, it's still an official statement from the oval office
afaik they haven't done much since G7 to further piss us off...with some even apologizing

meanwhile, our feds are still trying to undermine the largest partners in trade by retaliating hours before Canada Day

instead of taking the high road as Canadians, we've just asked Trump and his cronies to make a move on our auto industry which might have an actual impact on our economy in the grand scale...as opposed to the 16B tariffs isn't even a drop in the ocean against our ally
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #405
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 153 Posts
Quote:
That's not what i said.
You should also read the fine print. What they're doing is quite different than what we, and other developed western countries do
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:01 PM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
That's not what i said.
You should also read the fine print. What they're doing is quite different than what we, and other developed western countries do
Correct. It's another step towards enlightenment
Old 06-30-2018, 11:28 PM   #407

Quote:
Correct. It's another step towards enlightenment
Like in Europe? Seems one by one countries there are rejecting "enlightenment".
-Norm Franz
Old 07-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #408

There's always going to be backlash from idiots
Old 07-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #409

Quote:
while you're probably right, it's still an official statement from the oval office
afaik they haven't done much since G7 to further piss us off...with some even apologizing

meanwhile, our feds are still trying to undermine the largest partners in trade by retaliating hours before Canada Day

instead of taking the high road as Canadians, we've just asked Trump and his cronies to make a move on our auto industry which might have an actual impact on our economy in the grand scale...as opposed to the 16B tariffs isn't even a drop in the ocean against our ally
Did you see what he said at his last rally? What the white house press office says and what trump believes are 2 different things. They say one thing and the next day trump says something that's the total opposite.

We should not bent over and take it up the you know what. Look what happened to our lumber industry. Those tariffs are going to help companies that are effected by trumps tariffs.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:31 AM   #410

I didn't see it until after I posted

regardless this tit for tat will mainly hurt end consumers...so end consumers, let's say 10x felt more heavily on the Canada side, should bend over instead?

why not just get rid of our dairy supply mgmt so we can isolate one issue instead of it spreading across multiple industries

the tariffs are just closing us off...remember we need the US way more than they need us

even then, building homes in the US have gotten more expensive because of the lumber tariffs..pricing the poor out while Canadian corporations rake in record profits

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/us-...mber-1.4712160

Last edited by twitchyzero; 07-01-2018 at 01:40 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-01-2018, 08:43 AM   #411

Quote:
There's always going to be backlash from idiots
I see after all that's happened, and is happening, we still haven't learned much from arrogance
-Norm Franz
Old 07-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #412
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-not-work-out

Quote:
Donald Trump said on Sunday it was “possible” that a deal he claimed ended the nuclear threat posed by North Korea would not “work out”.

North Korea still secretly enriching uranium, say US officials
Read more
A day after it was reported that Pyongyang has increased its production of enriched uranium at secret sites, Fox Business broadcast an interview with the president.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:51 AM   #413
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Failed 98 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:

regardless this tit for tat will mainly hurt end consumers...so end consumers, let's say 10x felt more heavily on the Canada side, should bend over instead?

why not just get rid of our dairy supply mgmt so we can isolate one issue instead of it spreading across multiple industries

the tariffs are just closing us off...remember we need the US way more than they need us

even then, building homes in the US have gotten more expensive because of the lumber tariffs..pricing the poor out while Canadian corporations rake in record profits

Quote:
According to the U.S.-based National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), American tariffs on Canadian softwood lumber have caused housing prices in the United States to jump by an average of $9,000 per home, making it impossible for some low- and middle-income Americans to get into the housing market.
I feel like people who can't afford a small increase of $9000 to the total price shouldn't be looking at homes in that range to begin with. I realize Vancouver housing prices aren't the same as many areas down in the USA, but even so $9k isn't a lot of money.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #414

Quote:

What about steel, aluminum, and pharmaceuticals. You really think US citizens are subsidizing Canadian pharmacies?
Old 07-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #415
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Failed 275 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:

"Justin is weak. Only has that hair. Pretty boy. Need more snapchat."

Justin made correct retaliatory tariff measure and refuse to appear weak:

"Should have take the high road like a Canadian."

-------------------

"Justin such a tree-hugger."

Justin approved controversial pipeline investment that'll be good for economy:

"Fuck you, Justin, think of the environment."
------------------

Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-01-2018, 05:47 PM   #416

never have I changed tunes about retaliation against our ally/neighbor nor did I claim JT is a tree hugger...but please continue with the false quotes to fit your narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I feel like people who can't afford a small increase of $9000 to the total price shouldn't be looking at homes in that range to begin with. I realize Vancouver housing prices aren't the same as many areas down in the USA, but even so $9k isn't a lot of money.

because you've become desensitized from GVR's absurd prices

median US house price is 216K with average down at 6%, imagine if your $490K (Canadian median) went up 4% simply because of the circus that politicians are running

interest rates are also fair bit higher down south...supposedly more than a million are priced out of the market due to more expensive material costs

Manic, that's exactly my point. If the issue is with dairy, let's focus on resolving that. Instead we've let the angry child affect what could become a sizable part of our relatively smaller economy

your spoiled child asks why you only let him play on the ipad on the weekends one hour at a time when you're on your own phone hours on end, instead of an explanation you ground him/her to not be pushed around and asks for common sense to prevail

that child will probably find a way to toss your phone out the window/into the toilet

Last edited by twitchyzero; 07-01-2018 at 05:57 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #417

the same folks that vehemently condemn MAGA, boycott US goods/avoid vacationing there seems to have the quite the overlap in the group that begs for protecting Canadian interests

there's no irony in that?

in before are you even Canadian???questionmark

I just like to see things from both sides, no blind nationalism here

happy Canada Day
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-01-2018, 06:12 PM   #418

Quote:
never have I changed tunes about retaliation against our ally/neighbor nor did I claim JT is a tree hugger...but please continue with the false quotes to fit your narrative

because you've become desensitized from GVR's absurd prices

median US house price is 216K with average down at 6%, imagine if your $490K (Canadian median) went up 4% simply because of the circus that politicians are running

interest rates are also fair bit higher down south...supposedly more than a million are priced out of the market due to more expensive material costs

Manic, that's exactly my point. If the issue is with dairy, let's focus on resolving that. Instead we've let the angry child affect what could become a sizable part of our relatively smaller economy

your spoiled child asks why you only let him play on the ipad on the weekends one hour at a time when you're on your own phone hours on end, instead of an explanation you ground him/her to not be pushed around and asks for common sense to prevail

that child will probably find a way to toss your phone out the window/into the toilet
The issue is not just with dairy. The big baby in the states has complained about a bunch of things. It just depends on what state and what mood he is in.

We are not the only country that has put tariffs on the US. Mexico, Europe and Asia have all put tariffs on the US.

If you give in every time a child throws a temper tantrum you just spoil the child.

How can you negotiate with a person who changes his mind all the time. You can't get a straight answer out of the white house.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #419

continues to put 100% of the blame on their antics
while staying completely quiet on domestic dairy controls
why even give them a reason to throw a temper tantrum?

MX has every right to beef with America
America doesn't owe Germany/France/Greece much...yes it sucks Britain is going down with them I guess that's where Brexit comes in
the trade hardline against China is one of the boldest foreign policy I've seen this century and it might actually be working
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...095425843.html
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #420

-Norm Franz
Old 07-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #421
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 263 Times in 78 Posts
https://apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef

Quote:
As a meeting last August in the Oval Office to discuss sanctions on Venezuela was concluding, President Donald Trump turned to his top aides and asked an unsettling question: With a fast unraveling Venezuela threatening regional security, why can’t the U.S. just simply invade the troubled country?

The suggestion stunned those present at the meeting, including U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and national security adviser H.R. McMaster, both of whom have since left the administration. This account of the previously undisclosed conversation comes from a senior administration official familiar with what was said.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #422

Panama '89 though
Old 07-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #423

Old 07-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #424

Thanked 2,617 Times in 900 Posts
Failed 496 Times in 162 Posts
^This has what to do with Trump?
Old 07-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #425
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,565 Times in 4,934 Posts
Failed 316 Times in 202 Posts
Dillon Mazzei, lol.

Should change his name to Dhillon Nazzi

Anyway..............

I think he was going to post it in, "No Need to Start a Thread, thread."
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote