REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-13-2021, 12:16 PM   #4276
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Trump thread 2.0

-vote count so far in the House of Representatives for the article of Impeachment:

Cheeto is impeached again. It's official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-13-2021 at 12:56 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #4277
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,888 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 193 Times in 120 Posts
So is he officially out?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/house-...sday-1.5871116
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #4278
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,793 Posts
Failed 114 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
No. Once the house impeaches, it goes to the senate for trial. If he is convicted (by 2/3 majority of the senate), then he is "out".

I wouldn't hold my breath for the conviction though this time has much better odds (though still slim) that he gets convicted.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:16 PM   #4279

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
No, Cheeto is not removed from office.

McConnell, aka turtle head, has made it clear that there would be no Senate trial before Biden is sworn as POTUS on January 20th.

Therefore, we will see a Senate trial and vote after Trump leaves office.

McConnell has made comments to the press, as per CNN, that impeachment is the best way to get rid of Cheeto.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/polit...ump/index.html

The news comes as McConnell has privately indicated that he believes impeaching Trump would be the way to rid him from the party, a dramatic break between the top Republican who has worked in tandem with the Republican President over the last four years.

In the note to his Republican colleagues Wednesday afternoon on impeachment, he wrote that "while the press has been full of speculation, I have not made a final decision on how I will vote and I intend to listen to the legal arguments when they are presented to the Senate."

But McConnell is furious, sources say, over Trump's incitement of the violent riots that turned deadly at the US Capitol last week, and he also blames Trump for the party's failure to hold the two Georgia Senate seats that went to runoffs earlier this month, losses that will send him and Republicans into the minority in the Senate for the next two years.

senators could vote to bar Trump from holding office in the future --

Here is the thing though. Biden and McConnell had a lengthy phone call about the possibility of a senate trial about the impeachment.

Biden suggested "bifurcation". Bifurcation is having the senators do double duty of working of Biden's legislation in the morning sessions to push forward his agenda for economic stimulus. Then the senators would attend Senate hearings in the afternoon about the impeachment.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-13-2021 at 01:23 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:58 PM   #4280
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,540 Times in 2,641 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
I am not understanding this 2nd impeachment at all.

So there won't be a Senate trial before Biden is sworn in. But as soon as Biden is sworn in, Trump is no longer the POTUS. So how do you impeached Trump as the president when he is no longer the president?

Remind me again how this isn't just theatrics?
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:02 PM   #4281
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
The senate trial is able to happen after conclusion of the term. Effectively it will rule if Trump is able to ever hold a position of public office ever again. Meaning, if successful there would be zero chance for a 2024 run. This would be an opportunity for the more normal republicans to expel Trump out of the party for good.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 02:18 PM   #4282
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
And if Senate does convict, he will also carry the 'fame' through the history books ...in the elite company of Nixon!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:20 PM   #4283

Thanked 14,855 Times in 3,882 Posts
Failed 471 Times in 216 Posts
Also a lot of things like no salary post president, no secret service protection etc etc. There’s lots of stuff it does apparently. I’d have to look it up again
Old 01-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #4284
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

So there won't be a Senate trial before Biden is sworn in. But as soon as Biden is sworn in, Trump is no longer the POTUS. So how do you impeached Trump as the president when he is no longer the president?

This is just like how you can be court martialed even after leaving the military. You don't have to still hold any position or even be in government anymore. It is more so that you get the any benefit stripped from you and the permanent stain on your record.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #4285
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,249 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
But what does “impeached” mean? That there’s enough evidence for you to be accused of a crime, and then the next step is to see if you are guilty or not by means of a vote?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #4286
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

Technically if Senate goes ahead with the trial, then Biden has to delay his sworn in date. I dont think it would go to that stage because i dont think both sides will want to delay Biden's start date.

at least Trump can show off how he is the FIRST and only president to be impeached twice.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:10 PM   #4287
My homepage has been set to RS

Failed 22 Times in 18 Posts
McConnell is smart if he plays his cards right. Wait until the Republicans are no longer the Senate majority, Trump is out of the White House, etc. Then if Trump gets impeached, less focus on him. I can't see why the Republicans would not want to impeach, this gives them a golden opportunity to get rid of Trump once and for all. Unless they are still nervous that Trump would draw his followers away from the Republican party and allow the Democrats to gain an easy re-election in 2024.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #4288
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
Technically if Senate goes ahead with the trial, then Biden has to delay his sworn in date. I dont think it would go to that stage because i dont think both sides will want to delay Biden's start date.

at least Trump can show off how he is the FIRST and only president to be impeached twice.
I don't think this is correct.

Being sworn in as President and the Senate moving ahead with the trial are two separate events that can happen at the same time. If the Senate were to go ahead, it would happen concurrently with the swearing in of Biden.

What would be an issue is the confirmation of Biden's cabinet members as those need to get congressional approval.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-13-2021, 03:29 PM   #4289
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Failed 335 Times in 77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
I don't think this is correct.

Being sworn in as President and the Senate moving ahead with the trial are two separate events that can happen at the same time. If the Senate were to go ahead, it would happen concurrently with the swearing in of Biden.

What would be an issue is the confirmation of Biden's cabinet members as those need to get congressional approval.
My info was based on this.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters...nsition-792683
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #4290
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcedhk View Post
Quote:
A Senate impeachment trial could delay the confirmation of Biden’s Cabinet and the passage of Covid relief legislation for weeks, according to several experts in Senate procedure.

Senate Majority Leader MITCH McCONNELL likely wouldn’t take up the articles before Inauguration Day and Sen. CHUCK SCHUMER won’t be majority leader until Vice President-elect KAMALA HARRIS is sworn in on Jan. 20.

And Senate impeachment trials suck up Senate floor time, meaning that Biden’s first weeks as president would likely be stalled while the Senate came to a verdict.
I think the article is saying the same thing I was saying above.

The trial would take up the Senate's time which would result in his cabinet confirmations being delayed but he would still be sworn in as president come Jan 20, 2021.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #4291

Thanked 5,194 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I liked Traum a lot more when he was fighting the VPD instead of playing devil's advocate for Trump lol
It's a bizarre sudden change of posting. I used to think he was a level-headed guy, and I tended to like his posts.

Somehow he took a red pill and came out the other side as of late. I'm interested to hear how that happened.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-13-2021, 03:58 PM   #4292

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
But he didn’t damage Fred Meyer window, so not terrorism.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:59 PM   #4293
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Traum is just a true centrist. He wants to give "both sides" a "fair shake". Even if that means completely ignoring how bad one "side" truly is.

BTW more bad news for trump

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #4294

That's the thing nowadays. He's actually adopting the narrative of current news media that people seem to hate, the idea of "both sides are equal". There are definitive rights and wrongs, there isn't a problem with being on a side of a certain issue.

You don't need to project yourself as being a "centrist" in order to project the perception of being impartial, or a "deep thinker", if anything I believe such mentality is contrarian to that.

To think a BLM protest is "same same" to what occurred at the capitol a few days back is about as a false equivalency as I've ever seen debated on this forum.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #4295

I mentioned this conversation between Biden and turtlehead McConnell on earlier post today:

On Monday, Mr. Biden telephoned Mr. McConnell to ask whether it would be possible to set up a dual track that would allow the Senate to confirm Mr. Biden’s cabinet nominees and hold a Senate trial at the same time, according to officials briefed on the conversation who disclosed it on the condition of anonymity. Far from avoiding the topic of impeaching Mr. Trump, Mr. McConnell said it was a question for the Senate parliamentarian, and promised Mr. Biden a quick answer.

This is known as bifurcation. It means double duty for the senators. They would work on nominating Biden's cabinet nominees and other legislative priorities in the morning. Then the senators would attend the impeachment trial. The trial would last several days if not weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/u...peachment.html

-good points from this article about why McConnell is no longer supporting Cheeto:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/13/polit...ent/index.html

1. Trump is a declining stock: Yes, there remains a decent-sized chunk of the Republican base that remains loyal to Trump. But as the President has made clear over these past few weeks -- not to mention the last four years of his presidency -- he is absolutely and totally unpredictable and uncontrollable. He will say and do things (and has already said and done things) that neither McConnell nor any Republican with an eye on the medium- and long-term future of the party can possibly condone or be forced to answer for.

2. Trump is costing Republicans money. . The slew of announcements from corporate America that they will cease making donations to Republican House members and senators who voted to object to the Electoral College results should be very, very worrisome for McConnell and the rest of the GOP leaders charged with trying to win back the House and Senate majorities over the next few elections. (The fact that Florida Sen. Rick Scott, the chairman of the senatorial campaign arm, voted to object to the electoral results in Pennsylvania is a major problem for Republicans.

3. Trump's term is done anyway. Unlike removing Trump a year ago, impeaching and removing him now would have very little practical effect on the body politic or the inner workings of official Washington business.
Old 01-13-2021, 05:49 PM   #4296

Just heard an interesting take ... any Senators who wants to run in 2024 like that idiot Cruz or Rubio or Hawley might vote to convict Trump in the Senate so that Trump will be banned from running and eliminated from the slate. Good move ... And you know Romney will vote to convict. Strong chance that he can be convicted after he leaves!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 05:58 PM   #4297

Yeah those fucking scumbags who have been enabling him and benefiting from him are going to turn on him so quick it will make heads spin

All this despite the fact they're complacent in enabling his terrorist cult to grow the entire time.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 06:14 PM   #4298

In case you're wondering why only 10 Republicans made the correct vote, it's because they fear for their lives from threats by Trump's terrorist cult

AOC is like bitch, we've been voting against these terrorists for years!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 08:09 PM   #4299

Trump's goons are cucked by Trump himself in a video released today ... speech obviously written by someone else.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:34 PM   #4300
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
This is so funny. One of the founders of the pirate bay on parler.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/3an7...s-embarrassing

Quote:
The pirate bay, the most censored website in the world, started by kids, run by people with problems with alcohol, drugs and money, still is up after almost 2 decades. Parlor and gab etc have all the money around but no skills or mindset. Embarrassing.
More proof money is the not the answer when it comes to tech. Parler is funded by a hedge fund billionaire and his daughter.

Quote:
In more recent years, Kolmoisoppi has moved on to fund Njalla, a privacy-centric domain name registration service. One he says was already asked to host Parler, and refused.

“Of course we wouldn't,” Kolmisoppi said. “We're pro human rights, which includes the right to not be killed by extreme right wing terrorists.”
People on the right asking a person on the left for help what a joke. The reason why people keep getting de-platformed is because they don't understand tech. Maybe they should lean to code.