REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-01-2023, 08:59 PM   #5301
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't understand why people keep trying to lessen what happened... like... someone literally tried to overthrow a democratic country/election right next to us and got police officers killed.

This is definitely microscope worthy.

Devon Archer's testimony shows littler more than Hunter Biden is a fame-hound trying to impress his daddy by making it look like he's self-made. I mean... Trump's stupid sons do this almost daily. I honestly don't care about that even if I was a righty tighty.
I'm not judging who is worse. Enough of this "oh, because Trump is being accused of this so anything less than that it's ok" mentality.

All I'm asking is that when it comes to politicians, there shouldn't be preferential treatments just because you support their side.

Yes, everything you said about Trump is true. And he deserves to be in court for that.

Joe Biden gave his son that image that whoever give Hunter benefit can access to Joe. We don't know the extent of it, but in the Burisma case, I think it's too much of a pure coincidence that they made Hunter onto the board of directors at Burisma when the dude has ZERO background in energy field or anything remotely related.

Shouldn't this be investigated as well? Both cases are related to a US president. They are going full on, using every authority they've got in DoJ, IRS, FBI... etc to investigate on Trump's case, you support that? Fine. How about let's also support that US gov't also use all that power to move DoJ, IRS and FBI to investigate Hunter's case?

I'm not asking to do anything more. Just do the SAME thing on both sides.
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2023, 09:20 PM   #5302
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
I don't think they have the staff for it to be honest.

They'd also have to investigate every appointment of Trump's entire family during his presidency to every position they illegitimately held with no experience?

Ivanka as senior Whitehouse advisor with no experience? Then she accepted Chinese trademarks related to her fashion business while in this position.

Donald Jr kept conducting business for the Trump organization internationally while being at daddy's side as did Eric.

Jared as senior Whitehouse advisor also with no experience? His sister even went to Beijing and offered up immigration pathways (EB-5 Visa) to people if they invested in her company and Jared had business dealings in Israel despite being in charge of Middle East policy (again with zero experience)

Rudy Giuliani's son worked as a special assistant to Donald Trump for $95k a year

Barr's son in law was an associate for $126k a year

Then they'd have to start on Mitch's wife being head of transportation with zero experience? At least she had the balls to resign after Jan 6.

I mean... if anyone wants to open the can of worms that is nepotism in ANY government or private business... we gonna be doing this for a loooooooooooooooong time lol

In fact, the Justice Department at the time said the White House itself is exempt from federal anti-nepotism laws... so what's the problem if Biden is also participating in some way? Obama did it. Bush did it. Even good old Robert F Kennedy did it.

Politicians are slimy is the conclusion. But Trump is way slimier than any other one I've ever seen in my lifetime.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2023, 10:18 PM   #5303
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
So? The lesser of two evils?

You are willingly turning a blind eye to another potentially corrupt president just because another seems worse?

This is where I think it's fucked up. You want a standard of conduct, apply it to everyone. Not just certain person or certain group of people.

Same thing goes with the whole BLM or whatever movement. If the fight is about equality, fairness and inclusion, apply that throughout the racial spectrum.

If a white man kills a black man and they go banana with it and want the most strict persecution there is, do that very same when the case is the other way around.

Right now, the problem with US is that they are willingly turn a blind eye when a black man/woman is the offender, and yet they expect the highest of standards from every other race.

Where is fairness in that?

True fairness is what MLK has long dreamed about, where one is not judged by their skin color, but by the "content of their character".

The law is there so that everyone obeys it. Whether you are the POTUS, black, white, yellow, straight, LGBTQ2... etc, doesn't matter. Everyone deserves the same treatment.

If you are going to go easy on one, then go easy on everyone. Being born white shouldn't be a sin. Being born black shouldn't be a privilege. Being born yellow shouldn't be expected to perform higher academically (as in college acceptance). We should all just be treated equally.

You want to target your help toward particular class of people? Good... do it geographically or socially... say, people living in particular areas where high quality of education is harder to come by. That's ok. Target it and do that. Or people who has income below x level gets assistance. And gradually get less and less support as income goes up, just like tax bracket. That's ok too.

But to apply a skin color label.... that's not fairness. That discrimination at its finest.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2023, 11:02 PM   #5304
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
A president trying to override democratic rule - not take advantage of it, but actually use his position to commit crimes and basically place himself as a dictator - and the reaction is "Hunter Biden"

He literally tried to overthrow an election. He straight up told the attorney general, if you don't, I'll replace you with someone who will. None of this is in question, he did all this over emails and in front of witnesses. He is fucking TOAST.

But Hunter Biden. This is how the world gets as fucked as it has.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-01-2023, 11:44 PM   #5305
Performance Moderator

I don't agree at all that black people are getting an easier go of things in the USA recently than other races...

So basically the argument doesn't hold water to me.

But sure, let's not let any of the presidents get away with anything then. Trump should go to jail and Biden should... get his hand slapped? Pay a fine? I don't know. His son is a drug addicted fuck-up, what does that have to do with him? Punishment fits the supposed crime. It's all fair that way is it not?

Are we still trying to say they're both equally bad? Cuz they're not even close.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 05:21 AM   #5306
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Guys it's totally unfair. For every mean thing you say about trump you have to say one equally mean thing after about Joe Biden to make it fair otherwise you're a hypocrite.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 08:41 AM   #5307
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,738 Times in 1,636 Posts
Failed 213 Times in 86 Posts
How stupidly ironic that the party actively destroying equality in the US can suddenly demand equality when comparing Trump & Biden.

The party of hypocrisy calling everyone else hypocrites, fucking lol.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #5308
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
True fairness is what MLK has long dreamed about, where one is not judged by their skin color, but by the "content of their character".
i think you missed the point of the speech. he is dreaming about a future when his children don't have to worry about skin colour. he is not giving instructions about how to get there, saying people should just pretend colour doesnt exist in order to achieve equality.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:10 AM   #5309
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
From trumps VP.

Last edited by Manic!; 08-02-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 11:17 AM   #5310
Performance Moderator

About time that jackass said something that resembled having a backbone... just saw him in an interview a few days ago saying he didn't think Trump was responsible for inciting a mob that day and just rolled my eyes and changed channels lol
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 12:32 PM   #5311
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,286 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Mike Pence for Republican President candidate please.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:37 PM   #5312

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Hehe, you're a fucking idiot, I have to say. Your view on this subject is so myopic that I simply have to shake my head at you.

It's quite well documented, the data is all there in terms of sentencing disparity in the US between monitories and whites. This isn't some woowoo science, the data is all there.

https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi...en%2D%20tences.

"blacks receive sentences that are almost 10 percent longer than those of comparable whites arrested for the same crimes"

https://www.sentencingproject.org/re...ustice-system/

"African-American adults are 5.9 times as likely to be incarcerated than whites and Hispanics are 3.1 times as likely"

We already know that when being charged -- Blacks receive harsher and longer sentences and tend to be sentenced more often for the same crime as a white person committing the same crime. To deny that is simply ignoring the facts, which is typical of you.

What I do agree with however is the left "downplaying" Hunter Biden. Trump's criminality should not be denied, but those on the left should also not deny Hunter's actions.

I truly do believe the nepotism on Trumps end was far worse (simply look at how much Ivanka and Jared utilized Trump's influence in office to establish their deals with the Saudi's and the billions made as a result of that access and influence). This is far worse than anything Hunter Biden has done, however we would by hypocrites to simply give him a pass.

Hunter Biden's actions are an overall indictment of the nepotism involved in politics, and we should be critical of it just as much as Trump's (though I don't believe they are equal). As it stands there is no proof that indicates Joe Biden was connected or aware of any of the perceived "pay for play" activities Hunter was involved in, if we are to find such evidence, we should be critical of that. To ignore any of that information simply identifies our hypocrisy.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 03:25 PM   #5313

Hehe's post is pretty much banworthy in most places, but I think it might be better to let him continue exposing himself for the dumb fucking racist idiot that he is.

As far as Hunter Biden, there's a Biden thread for that, and one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:15 PM   #5314

I definitely don't think he should be banned or anything, let him talk his shit.

Knowing he'd happily guzzle 10lbs of that racist prick Elon's dick juice any day of the week gives me enough amusement when reading his posts.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:16 PM   #5315
The sound of inevitability

Failed 561 Times in 134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
A president trying to override democratic rule - not take advantage of it, but actually use his position to commit crimes and basically place himself as a dictator - and the reaction is "Hunter Biden"

He literally tried to overthrow an election. He straight up told the attorney general, if you don't, I'll replace you with someone who will. None of this is in question, he did all this over emails and in front of witnesses. He is fucking TOAST.

But Hunter Biden. This is how the world gets as fucked as it has.
You're so good at regurgitating CNN.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:19 PM   #5316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I don't agree at all that black people are getting an easier go of things in the USA recently than other races...
You have no idea how wrong you are about that.

In the 40s,50s and 60s, it was the opposite, why is it so hard to believe that the pendulum swung so far the other way like it would never happen.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:22 PM   #5317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
So? The lesser of two evils?

You are willingly turning a blind eye to another potentially corrupt president just because another seems worse?

This is where I think it's fucked up. You want a standard of conduct, apply it to everyone. Not just certain person or certain group of people.

Same thing goes with the whole BLM or whatever movement. If the fight is about equality, fairness and inclusion, apply that throughout the racial spectrum.

If a white man kills a black man and they go banana with it and want the most strict persecution there is, do that very same when the case is the other way around.

Right now, the problem with US is that they are willingly turn a blind eye when a black man/woman is the offender, and yet they expect the highest of standards from every other race.

Where is fairness in that?

The law is there so that everyone obeys it. Whether you are the POTUS, black, white, yellow, straight, LGBTQ2... etc, doesn't matter. Everyone deserves the same treatment.

If you are going to go easy on one, then go easy on everyone. Being born white shouldn't be a sin. Being born black shouldn't be a privilege. Being born yellow shouldn't be expected to perform higher academically (as in college acceptance). We should all just be treated equally.

You want to target your help toward particular class of people? Good... do it geographically or socially... say, people living in particular areas where high quality of education is harder to come by. That's ok. Target it and do that. Or people who has income below x level gets assistance. And gradually get less and less support as income goes up, just like tax bracket. That's ok too.

But to apply a skin color label.... that's not fairness. That discrimination at its finest.
You're basically saying to treat everyone equally and you get failed by the MSM npcs. There's really no way to show them the truth until they experience it them selves. They can't conjure up the scenario in their head where what you're saying is true. Granted I didn't read everything you wrote before this post, but within this post, I don't see what the problem is.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:25 PM   #5318

No you should totally treat everyone equally. When Joe Biden tries to overturn the fucking democratic process of a country report back if people here don't believe he should be held accountable and maybe the other side of the argument won't seem so fucking stupid.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:34 PM   #5319

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
You're so good at regurgitating CNN.
I literally just listed out part of the indictment you human parody.

Read it yourself, it has nothing to do with fucking CNN
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:41 PM   #5320

Lol this fucking clown show actually thinks life is so much easier for black people in the states it's comparable to white people in the 40s-60s. Like white people are not allowed to go to regular schools and have to sit at the back of the bus. He's like a caricature of the "white male victim" culture.
I'm excited to hear his "residential schools were beneficial for indigenous people" post in the Canadian politics thread next.
This has to be satire.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:43 PM   #5321

The7even, question for you.

If someone paid you tomorrow to become black for the rest of your life, meaning you would no longer be white, you'd be a full on black man, would you take it?
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 04:45 PM   #5322

How many pp inches are added?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 05:00 PM   #5323

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Lol this fucking clown show actually thinks life is so much easier for black people in the states it's comparable to white people in the 40s-60s. Like white people are not allowed to go to regular schools and have to sit at the back of the bus. He's like a caricature of the "white male victim" culture.
I'm excited to hear his "residential schools were beneficial for indigenous people" post in the Canadian politics thread next.
This has to be satire.
They really are so far beyond reasonable that they've become human parodies. Just not even zero awareness, far less than that. It's actually insane.

Trump has melted their brains
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2023, 05:51 PM   #5324

Something tells me the thin blue line avatar guy didn't need trumps help.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2023, 06:24 PM   #5325

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Something tells me the thin blue line avatar guy didn't need trumps help.
Oh they were definitely racist pieces of shit before Trump, but he seemed to help put them into complete insanity land and make it more acceptable. Usually they'd mostly keep their bullshit to themselves because deep inside they know how wretched they actually are.

But now it's ok just to spew complete fucking nonsense and hatred. Before Trump, we'd only see this kind of insanity from CharlesInCharge. Now it's just, whoever is a shitty racist is cool to just put it all out there for the world to see. He made it mainstream I guess you could say.

5 years ago, if you simply listed out the indictments someone received, would you have gotten back "you're just repeating CNN"? It's crazy how melted their minds are now. Think about how STUPID that statement is. That is CiC level shit, and now anyone is willing to say it like it's not crazy.
This post thanked by: