REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-24-2023, 07:38 PM   #5401
in the butt

Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,289 Posts
Failed 168 Times in 91 Posts
Today marks one of the greatest days in history.

The trump facebook groups must be having a full on meltdown, planning riots, and maybe a full on civil war

I'm so happy
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by mikemhg
Clothes come off and my car is permeated with the smell of fillet-o-fish and canned tuna.

donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2023, 09:36 AM   #5402
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
It's not that bad of a mugshot though, he lucked out.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 12:44 PM   #5403
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Looks like the Georgia trial will be televised. This will be even bigger than the OJ trial. Wall to wall coverage on all media platforms.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-...-tv-rcna101014
Time to disappear into a cave.. nothing is worse than intensive USA media coverage of a spectacle event
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2023, 02:22 PM   #5404
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Failed 212 Times in 81 Posts
Should there be a 3.0 thread now? haha
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 05:00 PM   #5405
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Looks like the Georgia trial will be televised. This will be even bigger than the OJ trial. Wall to wall coverage on all media platforms.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-...-tv-rcna101014
TBH, I'm not sure what Dems are thinking. Unless they have a surefire way to convict Trump and absolutely paint him as the bad guy, this whole shitshow is more likely to backfire on their support than help them.

Think about this... leave it aside whether or not Trump would be convicted, and let's assume the whole idea is to put Trump in a position so that he doesn't enter the race for the next election. IF (a big one at that) they can't perfectly convince the general public that Trump is 100% a bad guy... that any reasonable doubt is left on the table, what is this going to affect the election?

Hardcore Dems: Trump is guilty as charged.

Softcore Dems: He "might" be guilty, but was this worth the persecution?

Center undecided voter: so, it's ok to weaponize our judicial system now for political gains? So, what happens next if the election flips side?

Softcore Reps: This is quite questionable, let's make sure Reps win next time.

Hardcore Reps: This is FUCKED UP! We are going all out!!! Whoever Rep pushes as candidate would get our full support!

There's a lot more to lose and very little to gain by making this whole shitshow into the national spotlight. You want to suppress as much as possible for your opponents to get attention.

With this being aired to every major network, even the people who were not interested in politic would turn their attention to this topic. Assuming Biden or whoever representing Dems are already in a headwind situation (which is usually the case for incumbents), why give your biggest opponent all the attention he was so desperately seeking?
Old 08-25-2023, 05:12 PM   #5406
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
TBH, I'm not sure what Dems are thinking. Unless they have a surefire way to convict Trump and absolutely paint him as the bad guy, this whole shitshow is more likely to backfire on their support than help them.

Think about this... leave it aside whether or not Trump would be convicted, and let's assume the whole idea is to put Trump in a position so that he doesn't enter the race for the next election. IF (a big one at that) they can't perfectly convince the general public that Trump is 100% a bad guy... that any reasonable doubt is left on the table, what is this going to affect the election?

Hardcore Dems: Trump is guilty as charged.

Softcore Dems: He "might" be guilty, but was this worth the persecution?

Center undecided voter: so, it's ok to weaponize our judicial system now for political gains? So, what happens next if the election flips side?

Softcore Reps: This is quite questionable, let's make sure Reps win next time.

Hardcore Reps: This is FUCKED UP! We are going all out!!! Whoever Rep pushes as candidate would get our full support!

There's a lot more to lose and very little to gain by making this whole shitshow into the national spotlight. You want to suppress as much as possible for your opponents to get attention.

With this being aired to every major network, even the people who were not interested in politic would turn their attention to this topic. Assuming Biden or whoever representing Dems are already in a headwind situation (which is usually the case for incumbents), why give your biggest opponent all the attention he was so desperately seeking?
He's being charged criminally both by federal prosecutors and Georgia state prosecutors, not by the Democrat party. There's nothing they can do either way in this case.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2023, 05:23 PM   #5407
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
He's being charged criminally both by federal prosecutors and Georgia state prosecutors, not by the Democrat party. There's nothing they can do either way in this case.
Hahaha... with everything happening down in the US, you want to tell me that both Fed DAs and GA DAs don't have even the SLIGHTEST agenda?

This is how me... a regular dude with right philosophy (well... I always considered myself center or slightly left... but now I'm right by the general consensus of thing) are thinking... this "slightest" doubt is what I was referring to. Unless it can absolutely, without doubt, convince the American public that the whole things is fair and beyond reasonable doubts... this whole show is getting Trump, and hence the Republicans, all the attention that they couldn't even dream of.
Old 08-25-2023, 06:00 PM   #5408
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Hahaha... with everything happening down in the US, you want to tell me that both Fed DAs and GA DAs don't have even the SLIGHTEST agenda?

This is how me... a regular dude with right philosophy (well... I always considered myself center or slightly left... but now I'm right by the general consensus of thing) are thinking... this "slightest" doubt is what I was referring to. Unless it can absolutely, without doubt, convince the American public that the whole things is fair and beyond reasonable doubts... this whole show is getting Trump, and hence the Republicans, all the attention that they couldn't even dream of.
Before you start arguing about lawmakers in FA and GA, remind yourself that all the judges were voted by those red states and federal judges put there by Trump, and the jury of peers came from those red states, and they still proceeded with charges

People pretending Trump did nothing wrong really should read what the charges are and what evidence they have. There is literally recordings of this stuff, and emails. They acted like they were above the law.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 06:01 PM   #5409
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Why is it that the democrats somehow control everything everywhere all of the time when something you don't like is happening? The judicial system in the US finds a way to prosecute a former president when the dems want to but can't avoid abortion bans when the dems want to?
Which is it? Are they too strong or too weak? Do they control nothing or everything? Fuckin pick something, Christ.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 07:00 PM   #5410
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
You do the crime you do the time. Does not matter who the person is.
Remember cons had no problem trying to lock up Hillary.
Old 08-26-2023, 08:28 AM   #5411

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Why is it that the democrats somehow control everything everywhere all of the time when something you don't like is happening? The judicial system in the US finds a way to prosecute a former president when the dems want to but can't avoid abortion bans when the dems want to?
Which is it? Are they too strong or too weak? Do they control nothing or everything? Fuckin pick something, Christ.
It's Schrodingers Democrats. They're both weak/inept and secretly all powerful depending on the made up point some right wing idiot is attempting to make.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2023, 08:52 AM   #5412

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
A good, unbiased, series of videos to help understand the cases and charges brought against Trump and Co-Conspirators:

Anyone who thinks this is some "democratic witchhunt" is a fucking moron.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:02 AM   #5413
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
if trump goes to prison and the republicans win the next election or one in the future, can the R president just pardon him?
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 09:09 AM   #5414

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
if trump goes to prison and the republicans win the next election or one in the future, can the R president just pardon him?
Not for the state level charges in Georgia!
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #5415

This is fckd.

https://twitter.com/smalls2672/statu...ser=smalls2672
Old 08-28-2023, 08:45 AM   #5416
Performance Moderator

Says page not found?
Old 08-28-2023, 08:51 AM   #5417
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,173 Times in 1,553 Posts
Failed 120 Times in 54 Posts
Try this:
https://twitter.com/smalls2672/statu...8903667683838/
Old 08-28-2023, 09:45 AM   #5418

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Did anyone check if the shit he's talking about if actually true? I love taking people's words for things but when people film a video while they are driving my bullshit detector starts going off. If Trump is the sole reason your dry cleaning business is going tits up then chances are it wasn't going to last anyways

Just looking at the dude and the glasses he wears you can tell he's never considered voting Republican in his entire life lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2023, 10:00 AM   #5419
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Trump and his companies not honouring their contracts, and specifically not paying for the work that was done is absolutely nothing new. It never fails to amaze me how people or companies would continue to do business with him / his brand when there is such a strong reputation for it.

And it is exactly like that man has said -- tell any real life true stories about Trump to his fan base, and absolutely nothing sinks in. I don't know how anyone with a brain or a moral compass can do that.

In rely to MarkyMark, while a single or even small handful of anecdotes like this may or may not be true, when there is a consistent stream of similar stories from regular, everyday people coming thru over the years, then the chances of those stories being true increase significantly.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:10 AM   #5420

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Oh I have no doubt Trump is a shady piece of shit I just think this guy in the video is a devoted Liberal that would never think about voting any other way no matter what.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 02:45 PM   #5421

This guy needs to quit. Second time it has happened.

Old 08-31-2023, 02:07 PM   #5422
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,849 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 16 Times in 14 Posts
moscow mitch slipping out of the scene just in time to avoid facing any consequences for the roll he played over the past 6 years (or 46 years really)

just fade away...
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:35 PM   #5423

Good news Mitch has been cleared by doctors.

Remember, teach kids gun safety early.

Old 09-01-2023, 07:40 AM   #5424
Performance Moderator

Mitch is fit as a fiddle! Ready for 4 more years fo sho
Old 09-01-2023, 07:47 AM   #5425

Glitch McConnell