REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-28-2024, 10:24 AM   #5776
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Hoooooooooo boy!

That debate was PAINFUL to watch.

I'm completely convinced we're living in some kind of simulation, because last night could not have been real.

Biden's performance last night was a complete travesty, there is no nice way to put it. The Democrats HAVE to choose another candidate, plain and simple. I don't care how they get it done, it has to happen. If they cart Biden out in November, they're doing it to lose on purpose. I felt bad for Biden to a degree, but also disgusted by his hubris, to think this bumbling man should run for office again?

Meanwhile Trump just stood there lying through his ass the entire time, he pretty much won the election last night, and it's heartbreaking. Any candidate with a pulse could've wiped his ass on that stage last night. There were so many times Biden just let him take the win in that debate, the abortion comments, fuck even allowing himself to get into an argument about GOLF?!?!

Two old men acting like they're in the club house arguing about their golf handicaps?! That discourse just showed how completely disconnected from the greater electorate these two fuckheads are. All Biden had to say was "You spent most of your presidency playing golf and watching TV at your resort, stuffing your face with hamburgers, meanwhile I'm out here doing the hard work, governing". Easy! But no, this old fuckhead tries to argue he shoots as good as a pro-tour golfer, flubbing his handicap from 6 to 8 within the same sentence.

If the Dems don't choose a new candidate during the convention, they deserve to lose.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2024, 10:33 AM   #5777
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
If there was ever a time for an independent to step up this is it
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 10:46 AM   #5778
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
You know it went bad for the Dems when even CNN is saying it went fucking bad lol

I always knew mikemhg was a strong dude... but man, you watched the whole debate? I couldn't make it thru more than 5 minutes... that's some serious mental fortitude. Even 6793026 would have turned that debate off
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2024, 10:50 AM   #5779

I was watching the post-debate coverage on CNN and some other news networks and my god it was funny watching some of the commenters using verbal gymnastics to say this was awful in the nicest way possible. A few were honest though.

Some party members being interviewed had the toughest time trying to give their political answers "Oh yeah, he started off a little slow, but got stronger as it went on."

Bullshit.

That was a fucking embarrassment, and they know it.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:52 AM   #5780
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
If there was ever a time for an independent to step up this is it
Isn't there a Kennedy running as an independent ... but I don't think he is well liked nor does he have a shot in he**

I love the part where Biden went, 'Over 150 Presidential historians said Trump was the worst president ever ... look it up!'

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 11:16 AM   #5781

^That part was also nauseating.

Trump going on about he's the best president ever, based on some stupid Heritage Foundation metric, Biden countering with some other stupid metric by some unnamed "historians".

The whole thing was a mess, WTF are we talking about here.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2024, 12:21 PM   #5782

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
Honestly, the only reasons that I care about the US presidential election in November is because

A) the possible negative impacts to quality of life for my Chinese American cousins, aunt, and uncle living in California and Arizona if Orange Julius Trump wins the election, again

B) the possible negative impact of a Trump win on investor psychology and impact on my stock portfolio.

My American extended family will never forgive Cheeto for putting a target on them when he was the president during the pandemic. They got mean looks from other Americans and racial slurs hurled at them during Covid. Some of that racism in their minds had to do with Cheeto putting the blame on Chinese people for his mismanagement of a healthcare crisis.

Trump calling Covid the "China Virus" and "Kung Flu".

Therefore, they will still vote for Sleepy Joe despite their concerns about his health.

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-28-2024 at 12:27 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2024, 12:52 PM   #5783

^You have to pay attention because what happens in the US, happens here.

Our politics tend to fall lock and step with US policy, most the most part.

The Supreme Court just did the following in the last week:

-Made bribery fully legal
-Removed Federal oversight to impose regulations and on industry by overturning the Chevron ruling
-Banned homelessness by allowing cities to jail people sleeping outside

Each one of these decisions was split 6-3 along party lines. Trump will win and nominate another justice, affirming this conservative mandate.

Watching the debate yesterday and SC rulings this last week really just affirmed we're in our last stages here.

These are massive issues that will affect Canada, most certainly.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2024, 02:43 PM   #5784

Thanked 7,579 Times in 2,537 Posts
Failed 434 Times in 126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Isn't there a Kennedy running as an independent ... but I don't think he is well liked nor does he have a shot in he**]
Lol oh yeah right but too bad he's also batshit.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 03:41 PM   #5785
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Overreactions like "They need to replace Biden as the candidate" are harming him, and helping Trump, a lot more than his performance on the debate itself
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 10:42 AM   #5786

I don't think they're overactions.

What is the #1 argument against Biden? He's old, he'll die soon, he doesn't have the capacity to be president.

Whether any of those above items are true or not, his display at the debates were probably the worst outcome to happen, and any reasoning to dissuade people from believing that are now done. You can't argue against that point anymore, he looked old, he looked lost, he didn't look like he belonged there.

The biggest argument the Republicans can make is imagine that guy on stage in 4 years from now being president, even older? One of the jobs of being president is convincing people you're able to do the job effectively, and give confidence to the public, he did not do that.

Fox News can, and will, literally loop that clip of him fumbling on Medicare while losing his coherent thoughts.

I can't see how they can logically go forward with Biden.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:49 AM   #5787
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,764 Times in 826 Posts
Failed 883 Times in 161 Posts
Donald Trump is the greatest American president ever, twice! I can't wait to watch him fuck up everyone who kicked him to the curb.
Old 06-29-2024, 11:32 AM   #5788

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
They definitely need to replace Biden the guy can barely string together a coherent sentence for fuck sakes lol. How is this possible that he's actually running unless they are self sabotaging the next election.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 02:20 PM   #5789
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I don't think they're overactions.

What is the #1 argument against Biden? He's old, he'll die soon, he doesn't have the capacity to be president.

Whether any of those above items are true or not, his display at the debates were probably the worst outcome to happen, and any reasoning to dissuade people from believing that are now done. You can't argue against that point anymore, he looked old, he looked lost, he didn't look like he belonged there.

The biggest argument the Republicans can make is imagine that guy on stage in 4 years from now being president, even older? One of the jobs of being president is convincing people you're able to do the job effectively, and give confidence to the public, he did not do that.

Fox News can, and will, literally loop that clip of him fumbling on Medicare while losing his coherent thoughts.

I can't see how they can logically go forward with Biden.
It depends on what you think Biden's job is as president. Is it to have debates on TV? Or to be fucken president?

Agree with his policies or not, that's beside the point that he's apparently been doing a fine job as "being president" for 4 years. Not sure how a bad debate wipes all that out.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 02:53 PM   #5790
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
You have to be a special kind of retard to be like "look how Biden did, trump wiped the floor with him"
Neither of them were able to communicate a single complete thought based in reality. One just did words better.
Biden has aphasia and trump has schizophrenia.
It's absolutely beyond comprehension how these are the choices.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 03:07 PM   #5791

If this is Biden now what is he going to be 2 years from now? I imagine part of your job is being about to speak to people, you can't just have other people handle everything while you sit in a chair drinking your meals out of a straw. It really makes no sense that he is running again.

This election really does sum up America at the moment lol
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 03:31 PM   #5792

People should be more concerned that Biden is the better option still.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 04:17 PM   #5793

The better option between him and Trump yeah, the absolute worst option if you want to beat Trump this time around.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 06:11 PM   #5794
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
If this is Biden now what is he going to be 2 years from now? I imagine part of your job is being about to speak to people, you can't just have other people handle everything while you sit in a chair drinking your meals out of a straw. It really makes no sense that he is running again.

This election really does sum up America at the moment lol
IMO, it doesn't actually matter all that much in nearly all normal circumstances whether Biden is senile or not. The whole US gov is a functional and running system that will continue to operate. If Biden in incapable of making the crucial decisions, under normal circumstances I'd imagine them just rubber stamping the recommended suggestion with Biden's name. If he is really incapable of making any urgent critical decisions, there is the long established presidential line of succession.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 07:24 PM   #5795

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMO, it doesn't actually matter all that much in nearly all normal circumstances whether Biden is senile or not. The whole US gov is a functional and running system that will continue to operate. If Biden in incapable of making the crucial decisions, under normal circumstances I'd imagine them just rubber stamping the recommended suggestion with Biden's name. If he is really incapable of making any urgent critical decisions, there is the long established presidential line of succession.
Sure but why should the next four years be a Weekend at Bernie's movie? Honestly Trump deserves to win if this is the best the Democrats think they can do.
Old 06-29-2024, 07:36 PM   #5796
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
One word: Abortion. This is going to hurt trump big time.

Also Oklahoma is now forcing every school to teach the bible.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/okl...om-2024-06-27/
Old 06-29-2024, 08:28 PM   #5797

Quote:
Sure but why should the next four years be a Weekend at Bernie's movie? Honestly Trump deserves to win if this is the best the Democrats think they can do.
What kind of fucking logic is that though? You put your finger in the slicer so just cut your arm off? How is the republicans using an 80 year old d list reality show celebrity with a made up success story and his dads money and a cokehead son better than a career politician 81 year old with dementia and a crackhead son some gotcha moment.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2024, 08:43 PM   #5798

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
What kind of fucking logic is that though? You put your finger in the slicer so just cut your arm off? How is the republicans using an 80 year old d list reality show celebrity with a made up success story and his dads money and a cokehead son better than a career politician 81 year old with dementia and a crackhead son some gotcha moment.
Because the Democrats must believe they can roll anyone out there and win at this point. How's it any different than what's going on up here really? Maybe there should be a penalty for not being able to read the fucking room. This is the same shit as Trudeau. I don't necessarily want the Cons to win but if the Liberals want to stuff him down our throats when it's clear the majority doesn't want him then yeah, learn your fucking lesson and lose so next time you smarten up.
Old 06-29-2024, 08:57 PM   #5799

Thanked 4,945 Times in 1,818 Posts
Failed 184 Times in 99 Posts
The debate made history...

It was the closest the secret service ever let a convicted felon get to the president!
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 09:10 PM   #5800

Quote:
Because the Democrats must believe they can roll anyone out there and win at this point. How's it any different than what's going on up here really? Maybe there should be a penalty for not being able to read the fucking room. This is the same shit as Trudeau. I don't necessarily want the Cons to win but if the Liberals want to stuff him down our throats when it's clear the majority doesn't want him then yeah, learn your fucking lesson and lose so next time you smarten up.
How is the other party (cons, republicans) picking the worst possible fucking candidate any different?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: