REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-29-2024, 09:31 PM   #5801
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
How is the other party (cons, republicans) picking the worst possible fucking candidate any different?
It's not any different which is why it's absolutely ridiculous that the Dems/Liberals are giving them this window where they can actually pull off a win. Trump and PP can very well win the next elections and what are you going to do, blame the majority of the public if the Dems/Libs lose? These parties are doing it to themselves.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 10:30 PM   #5802
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
IMO, it doesn't actually matter all that much in nearly all normal circumstances whether Biden is senile or not. The whole US gov is a functional and running system that will continue to operate. If Biden in incapable of making the crucial decisions, under normal circumstances I'd imagine them just rubber stamping the recommended suggestion with Biden's name. If he is really incapable of making any urgent critical decisions, there is the long established presidential line of succession.
People put way too much focus on the President/Prime Minister and seem to forget about the huge teams of people behind them that ultimately make it all work. And the team behind Biden is way, way better than the one behind Trump. Same deal with Trudeau and Poilievre.

If the worst option happens and PP and Trump both win I might have to start thinking about getting out of here.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 11:57 PM   #5803
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,570 Times in 3,555 Posts
Failed 1,505 Times in 643 Posts
Stable genius my ass

Stupid people are easier to control.
Old 06-30-2024, 01:58 AM   #5804
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Worth watching, while keeping in mind we live in a "hot takes" era

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2024, 07:07 AM   #5805
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
^ Let's hope guy is right !!
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2024, 02:00 PM   #5806
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 4,287 Times in 2,055 Posts
Failed 295 Times in 139 Posts
oh damn ... stack the Supreme Court with cons and it will pay back many dividends

whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 03:09 PM   #5807
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
And people wonder why trust in the Supreme Court is close to being at the all time low...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2024, 04:36 PM   #5808

It's almost impossible to comprehend how fucked up the US is getting, with the supreme court of all things being compromised.

They have to consider impeachment now.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2024, 05:32 PM   #5809
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
What aoc is doing is nothing more than a show. It needs a simple majority from house and 2/3 majority from senate. Neither something democrats have at this point.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:00 PM   #5810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
What aoc is doing is nothing more than a show. It needs a simple majority from house and 2/3 majority from senate. Neither something democrats have at this point.
Of course it's for show. They need the country to realize how insane this is. Impeachment will never happen, but they have to go through with it
Old 07-01-2024, 06:48 PM   #5811

Old 07-01-2024, 08:27 PM   #5812

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Ahahaha... I love how lefties are trying to paint as unfair as possible to the ruling and going absolutely banana when something don't go in their favor.

Skinny, if you actually spend a few minutes reading the verdict instead of just relying on what MSM or lefties influencers, you'd see that the SCOTUS ruling has nothing to do with letting presidents be kings.

They merely clarified what type of criminal immunity the POTUS has as defined by the Constitution. The verdict basically states that the president enjoys immunity from criminal prosecutions for any official acts that are within his role as the president and NOT immune for anything unofficial and personal.

SCOTUS then threw the case back to lower courts asking them to pay special attention to whether or not, whatever they are trying to persecute Trump for, are official acts.

Context people! Enough of just spreading arguments or opinions and pass them as the truth.
Old 07-01-2024, 08:42 PM   #5813
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,199 Times in 1,249 Posts
Failed 136 Times in 64 Posts
What’s stopping the president from claiming a potentially criminal personal/unofficial act as an official act?

It doesn’t bother you that the president is immune from some acts that would result in a criminal prosecution for regular people? If that isn’t above the law, I don’t know what is.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 07-01-2024 at 08:49 PM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2024, 09:04 PM   #5814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
What’s stopping the president from claiming a potentially criminal personal/unofficial act as an official act?

It doesn’t bother you that the president is immune from some acts that would result in a criminal prosecution for regular people? If that isn’t above the law, I don’t know what is.
The decision power of whether an act is official or unofficial lies in the court of law. The president doesn't have the ultimate say.

He could very well think what he's doing is on official role, but if the court feels otherwise, he doesn't get a pass.

That's what the SCOTUS decision was about. The question asked was that whether or not POTUS enjoys broad immunity, the SCOTUS said yes to an extent, and explained what falls within immunity and what doesn't. The lower courts are now in charge to look at the cases to see whether what he was doing is something official or something personal.
Old 07-02-2024, 07:52 AM   #5815
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ If that's the case, why is Trump asking for a review of his hush money verdict?

At its very best, this ruling has allowed for people like him to abuse the system and buy more time to get into office and wipe their own records clean.

It's chipping away... get rid of this impedance... then go after the next one... then the next one.

You're talking like you think people like Trump have an honest and legitimate goal in mind that isn't nefarious?
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 09:05 AM   #5816

If Hehe has any interest to hear what legal experts have to say on the subject regarding how harmful the SCOTUS has done, have a listen to the following:

Old 07-02-2024, 09:42 AM   #5817
Performance Moderator

This is exactly it in the video, anything can be construed as "official duties" if it's on work time, it's a matter of opinion and if the person being accused ALSO holds the cards for saying what facts come out about all the who/what/where/why/how of a situation, that's even more dangerous.

Hehe runs his own business, I'm sure he's gone out for lunch with friends on numerous occasions and then said "Hold on guys, 'Commercial Real Estate' okay there we go, we talked about business, I got this one it's a write-off for me now anyway"

They basically just gave that exact same power to the President.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 11:12 AM   #5818

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
No duh, do you even know how politics works?

You force the vote, you see who votes where, you then campaign based on those votes.

Pretty simple.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2024, 11:15 AM   #5819

Exactly, they've left the idea of "official duties" vague, on purpose.

Ultimately the goal of this whole ruling was to kick the can down the road, force the ongoing cases to be reviewed once again, allowing for all of these to be pushed to after the election.

That was the entire goal on the Trump side, and he won that.

Let's not even talk about the other cases where they've levied absolutely insane decisions on, in the last week.
Old 07-02-2024, 11:22 AM   #5820
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/polit...sal/index.html

Cheeto is probably laughing at this announcement:

Donald Trump will not be sentenced on his business fraud conviction until September, a New York judge ruled Tuesday in the wake of Monday’s Supreme Court decision on presidential immunity.

The delay in sentencing means that the former president is likely to escape any concrete punishment for his felony conviction during the summer, at the same time that Trump’s election bid has been boosted by President Joe Biden’s debate flop that has Democrats wondering whether to replace their nominee.

Trump was scheduled to be sentenced on July 11. Judge Juan Merchan said the former president will now be sentenced on September 18, “if such is still necessary.”
Old 07-02-2024, 11:49 AM   #5821

Do you guys think this Supreme Court decision could sway any undecided voters or moderate Republicans to vote Biden instead of Trump?

Making someone above the law is really a very slippery slope and a quick pathway to dictatorship...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 12:33 PM   #5822
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
Imagine dickriding trump so hard you think this isn't a really, really bad thing.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 12:59 PM   #5823
Performance Moderator

It's a bad thing for ANY president to have, but especially him.

Say what you want about Biden's age and policies, but at least he seems like a good person.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 01:02 PM   #5824

Whether you're leftwing or rightwing, no one should be happy about the Supreme Court's verdict. So called "libertarians" should be enraged by the decision.

That Chevron ruling is also pretty damning, and I think more people should be talking about it. They've essentially stripped federal oversight, which is a massive step backwards.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 01:13 PM   #5825
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,748 Times in 1,104 Posts
Failed 152 Times in 75 Posts
trump sets the bar so low that you don't even have to be an exceptionally good person to contrast starkly with him.
if you arent a rapist, pedo, traitor, draft dodger, tax fraud, grifter, and the list goes on... then you're a probably an ordinary citizen and probably more fit for office than this criminal.
also it boils my blood that he pardoned all his criminal friends who were finally put in jail after lifetimes of political crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person...f_Donald_Trump
unit is online now   Reply With Quote