REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-02-2024, 01:35 PM   #5826
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Do you guys think this Supreme Court decision could sway any undecided voters or moderate Republicans to vote Biden instead of Trump?

Making someone above the law is really a very slippery slope and a quick pathway to dictatorship...
I mean look at this very thread. There's no hope with a lot of these people. They dismiss reality as "lefties influence"

Also don't forget that a lot of them actually want a Christian nationalist autocracy; Trump or not. They've been raised to hate and be ignorant. For them, Trump is just a tool. A useful idiot. He's not even Christian, he's just a grifter, but he's useful to them.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 04:18 PM   #5827
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 9,257 Times in 4,029 Posts
Failed 427 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
a quick pathway to dictatorship...
Isn't that basically the Republicans goal with Project 2025?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-02-2024, 04:37 PM   #5828
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,839 Times in 5,902 Posts
Failed 2,052 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Imagine dickriding trump so hard you think this isn't a really, really bad thing.
Lol maybe hehe but who’s “dick riding”

How the fuck could any party trot a senile old man out into a nationwide CNN debate and fumble that badly and not wake up?

I think Mike outlined it before in terms of Partisan politics propping up your leader at all costs because they got you where you are and basically.. you don’t care about your constituents but the party that got you there over -everything-

Everyone can go on about “it’s not just Biden” etc. but does it not speak volumes to the party as a whole when you trot out retarded grandpa to a debate with an obviously superior speaker in Trump only to get destroyed?

I don’t care either way, Trump is a total clown and both these options are -terrible- but it’s the exact same situation at Canadian liberals

You have such a terrible, unlikable, leader, but you’ll ride the sinking ship into the ground rather than question your leadership
Old 07-02-2024, 11:12 PM   #5829
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,384 Times in 998 Posts
Failed 166 Times in 73 Posts
no one caresssss

all they care for are their pockets and once Trump is in power, money will flow - from deals, land, approvals, rebates.... more vacations, 1st class....

No different than work; those who care about the company versus those who genuinely wanting the company / client to do well.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 07:07 AM   #5830
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
^ Someone probably said the same thing in 1998 before Putin became Emperor lol
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 07:51 AM   #5831
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,838 Times in 1,218 Posts
Failed 616 Times in 193 Posts
Lol.

When court have 34 felonies on Trump
Lefties: respect the court.

When SCOTUS rules that Trump has immunity
The same lefties: we’re gonna impeach the judges.

This is the sad state we are in.

Remove the bias and read the actual verdict. It’s a bit of legal jargon but not something that can’t be understood. Then make your own decision.

SCOTUS explanations are usually very straightforward. It leaves nothing for interpretation as their work usually surrounds interpretations of law and constitution.
Old 07-03-2024, 08:04 AM   #5832
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,910 Times in 7,396 Posts
Failed 209 Times in 157 Posts
If you don't understand that the Supreme Court taking apart the legal process due to bias and favours is different than a court case I don't know what to tell you.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 08:44 AM   #5833
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,758 Posts
Failed 693 Times in 217 Posts
There is a growing number of prominent officials in the Democrat party who want Biden to withdraw from the presidential race.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/polit...ats/index.html

If Sleepy Joe does withdraw from the presidential race, who are the potential candidates to run for the presidency as a Democrat? Here is a list:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-possibilities

Some of the potential candidates to run for the presidency IF Biden withdrew:

VP Kamala Harris: Poor approval ratings for the Vice President. I also don't think that many Americans would vote for a female, mixed race (African American, Indian) president. Heck, many Americans did not vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016. If Biden resigns, then Harris automatically becomes President.

Gavin Newsom: California governor.

JB Pritzker: Illinois governor.

Last edited by pastarocket; 07-03-2024 at 08:54 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 09:43 AM   #5834
Performance Moderator

Thanked 16,873 Times in 5,633 Posts
Failed 286 Times in 182 Posts
It's okay guys, Hehe read it and he says the ruling is okay. Ignores all other salient points.

Actual lawyers and some members of the Supreme Court who dissented saying it's vague and too open to interpretation and therefore prone to mis-use? Lefties.

The funniest thing about these posts is that there's a passive aggressive suggestion being made that one of us is really smart and knows more than the rest of us, and the rest of us are sheep who just don't understand... yet the person making that assertation would, without any critical thinking whatsoever, take whatever someone in certain positions of power, in this case a Supreme Court Justice, says and label it as unassailable as there is zero chance they are corrupt or biased or ever doing anything wrong.

Who is really the sheep in that situation? Blind trust should never be given to individuals OR institutions. Ever. Regardless if you're left, centre or right.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 10:24 AM   #5835
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
Newsom would be the smart choice to replace Biden if they actually care about winning. Kamala would probably get less votes than Biden lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 10:30 AM   #5836
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
So the debate's impact is reverberating, with Biden dropping behind Trump by 7% now, and he is seriously weighing in on whether he can continue with the campaign.

At this point, I think it is all over now -- Trump is gonna be the next POTUS.

FML...

IMO, the mere fact that Biden is "considering" whether to withdraw means he and the Democrats have already conceded, at least as far as whether Biden would run is concerned.

And if Biden doesn't run, there is too little time for any other Democrat candidate to drum up support across the US. There is too little exposure, and the candidate's profile too low on a national scale to amount to any serious threat to Trump.

I dunno about the other candidates, but Harris would absolutely get trounced by Trump.

IIRC Newsom is mostly getting mixed review from his own state. If he isn't even able to secure majority support in his home state / Democratic heaven, things wouldn't bode well when you extrapolate him to the national scale...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-03-2024, 11:31 AM   #5837

Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,974 Posts
Failed 265 Times in 101 Posts
Buddy and I made a bet if Biden will withdraw before July 15th.

He went yes, I went no.

We'll see.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2024, 10:53 AM   #5838

France votes in a left wing party, UK does the same in the last week.

Hoping this is the tale of the tape for the upcoming election in the US as well.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:16 PM   #5839

It's funny as people here say "the libs caused inflation" yet these countries with right wing governments across the world were facing the same inflationary issues or worse and are now shifting left.
It's like we MIGHT be part of a macroeconomic system that affects dozens of countries across the world?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2024, 12:06 PM   #5840

Quote:
It's funny as people here say "the libs caused inflation" yet these countries with right wing governments across the world were facing the same inflationary issues or worse and are now shifting left.
It's like we MIGHT be part of a macroeconomic system that affects dozens of countries across the world?
I say this all the time. It's a complete fallacy to think modern "conservatism" equates to a productive and stimulated economy. It's fascinating that such a narrative has been continued to be parroted by folks, when data shows us this simply isn't true.

Modern conservatism is not the economic conservatism of the 60/70s, those people are long gone and dead, as is its ideology. Richard Nixon's Republican government formed the EPA, could you imagine modern Republicans eschewing their corrupt funders to form such an institution for the public today? Not a chance in hell.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2024, 12:15 PM   #5841

So if it’s all the same, then maybe we can just live in a society where repeat, chronic criminals aren’t murdering people on parole and sex offenders running amok on bail?

Not that it really matters but the left leaning party didn’t “win” anything in France, it basically amounts to the same propped up coalitions in Canada, likely even weaker than here, the seats are 182-163-143 between the French parties
Old 07-08-2024, 12:30 PM   #5842

What do you mean Honda?

The left party (NFP) picked up 57 seats, that's a huge win.

Macron's approval rating has been in the dumpster for over a year there, sitting as low as 30%. This election was primed for the right to win big, and they didn't.

I'd say that's a massive loss for them, a major rebuke, and a massive win for the center-left.

I notice you keep mentioning this criminality narrative, which in my opinion is far more complicated than you're making it, that involves the judicial system which carries precedent. I'm curious, what party leaders are pushing an idea that rapist and murders should be allowed on the streets? Isn't Ontario run by a Conservative government? Why haven't they tackled the crime out there? Why are the cops telling people to leave their keys in the car, ignoring the problem.

From my perspective is seems the left and right in terms of electorate are all on the same page on this issue, we need changes, but governance is sucks on all ends, and we're atrophied to get anything done.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2024, 12:38 PM   #5843

In that, the party didn’t gain a majority or any real power when you read into it.

It’s likely even more unstable than the NDP/Liberal coalition as it’s made up of 4-5 individual parties united.

Not to say that people didn’t want it to lean that way, but I think it’s far more clouded than these weird stories running headlines like “the Nazis didn’t win!!” Etc.
Old 07-08-2024, 01:13 PM   #5844
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,941 Times in 2,573 Posts
Failed 101 Times in 63 Posts
Quote:
stop using big words like macroeconomic

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2024, 04:41 PM   #5845
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,198 Times in 8,392 Posts
Failed 1,531 Times in 679 Posts

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 04:47 PM   #5846

Celebs like George Clooney coming out telling Biden to resign and then we get this fucking press conference lolol fucking hell..

The whole system has gotta be rigged at this point, how the fuck could you EVER trot this guy out there? Trump is a slam dunk.
Old 07-11-2024, 05:49 PM   #5847

Thanked 3,362 Times in 1,273 Posts
Failed 92 Times in 70 Posts
I'm really not a conspiracy theorist kinda guy but if Biden goes through with running for President at this point I have to believe there is something else going on here, like how the fuck is this happening.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2024, 06:01 PM   #5848
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 6,539 Times in 2,640 Posts
Failed 253 Times in 139 Posts
Him saying the wrong things / calling out the wrong names or places is not new -- he had done plenty of that in the last election's campaigning as well. But the problem now is, of course, with his disastrous "debate" performance and all the talk and pressure around him being too old to run again, it is creating a far bigger negative impact than it did before.

At this point, I have no clue what he or the Democrats are thinking, and they are seriously fxxked regardless of whether Biden runs or quits. But as long as he does not withdraw, this age and competency thing are gonna haunt him all the way until election day.

Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 08:09 PM   #5849

It's weird how "he called someone the wrong name" is somehow worse than "he started a riot to attempt to overthrow the democratic process"
It's absolutely fucking braindead.
This is the difference between dems and republicans. Dems don't want someone who should be in a nursing home as their leader anymore.
Republicans are constantly sucking the dick of a D-list reality tv actor who's a convicted felon and has had to pay out hundreds of millions of dollars in civil suits to his rape victims.
What the actual fuck is going on in the US.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2024, 09:02 PM   #5850

I think what makes it obviously so blatant and bad is that after the total disaster that was the debate, you then come up and make multiple slip ups when there’s essentially no pressure to perform and you should be at your best.

Reality star, all the BS etc. that comes with Trump, he isn’t a senile, incompetent old man when it comes to speaking. And that’s obviously saying somthing given the dumb shit he has said in the past.

It’s no different than Canadas situation. Regardless of the leader simply being a “figure head” etc. people will become so disenfranchised with their party they will vote for anyone but them.